Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow you guys are acting as if these guys are kids that are coaching. They drafted him with a plan on offense and how he would fit that plan.

These guys are coaches in the NFL, not children. They should know what to do with talent and put them were they will be successful, period.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If you ever find me ripping off someone else's argument, that isn't too vague to be identified to just one person, please point it out.
Yup, I copied your argument to sound smart.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reggie Bush is a football player. And a very good one. Use him like you'd use the most athletic kid in backyard games. Put him in the backfield and take some carries. Line him up at WR. Send him in motion, etc.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
wow you guys are acting as if these guys are kids that are coaching. They drafted him with a plan on offense and how he would fit that plan.

These guys are coaches in the NFL, not children. They should know what to do with talent and put them were they will be successful, period.
So you have never gone on this site and said that coaches should do something different with a certain player? Good for you, but this is a forum, we're discussing opinions. Try not to get your panties in a bunch because some people are thinking he should be utilized in a different manner.

As for Bush, I think I agree that he just needs more of a hybrid/specialized role for him, kind of like they have been doing. Like others have said, I'm not sure that putting him specifically as WR would be a good idea because of how the coverage would be right on him, unlike in the flats.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. It would be a horrible idea to do so.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Bruce
Rookie

Bruce is a cocksman.Bruce is a cocksman.Bruce is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Is it just me, or should Reggie Bush move to WR, at least most of the time? I know it sounds very IDD, but really, he is an ineffective runner, let's admit. That being said, even as a detractor of Bush, I do know:

He is electric in open space.
He has very good hands.
He has experience lining up at WR sometimes.

The problem has been actually getting him in open space. Putting him at WR would make it much easier. It would allow him to catch the ball with only one or two guys near him, he would be a major weapon on screens and reverses, and he wouldn't need to move through a hole in the front seven. When he gets into open space, he makes big plays. That's where most of his TDs have come.

He's what? 6' 200? That's decent size for a WR with his athleticism. Personally I think he could do it, and salvage his career.
You want to know why he can't run? This is why.

http://198.104.135.225/forums/showthread.php?t=83678

http://198.104.135.225/forums/showthread.php?t=83650

http://198.104.135.225/forums/showthread.php?t=83744

The O-Line is horrid. Reggie gets blamed way too much.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
You want to know why he can't run? This is why.

http://198.104.135.225/forums/showthread.php?t=83678

http://198.104.135.225/forums/showthread.php?t=83650

http://198.104.135.225/forums/showthread.php?t=83744

The O-Line is horrid. Reggie gets blamed way too much.
OMG, don't show them proof of our shoddy offensive line in terms of run blocking!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 09-19-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

truly i get where you are coming from, however tbh it is not the move to make my opinion, not untill we have a feature back who can carry the load at least, he can do a lot of damage as a wr but the damage he can do as a receiving runner is that much bigger
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yes, because you're the first person ever to say or think that Vick was just an exceptional athlete who was out of place at times on the football field, brilliant.
Wow, you don't stop the trolling huh?

Read the posts before you spew nonsense onto the boards.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
OMG, don't show them proof of our shoddy offensive line in terms of run blocking!
Look, I'm no idiot. I know that there's more to a runningback than yards per carry, and ypc alone is not a great argument. But, I can't remember anyone else, in their third year, with the support Reggie has had around him, with all the Saints weapons on offense, a top-5 QB, receivers that can get open downfield and move the chains, and before this year(and part of year 2), another RB to take pressure off, struggle so damn much. If anyone can come up with any other evidence of a runningback unable to get to 4 ypc despite having a great passing game and never facing eight man fronts, while another RB on his own team is easily doing it(despite the fact that Deuce McAllister has been past his career prime since Bush came into the league), in his third year and then turn it around, then that would certainly lend validity to the chance of him stopping his suckage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Reggie Bush critic, but he should be kept at RB. What if the reason he's successful as a pass catcher is because LBs can cover him out of the backfield, thus taking advantages of mismatches? I'm not against lining him up in the slot now and then, but it's not like good at backfield pass catching = good at wide out pass catching. Besides, he's not a bad runner.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Bruce
Rookie

Quote:
Look, I'm no idiot. I know that there's more to a runningback than yards per carry, and ypc alone is not a great argument. But, I can't remember anyone else, in their third year, with the support Reggie has had around him, with all the Saints weapons on offense, a top-5 QB, receivers that can get open downfield and move the chains, and before this year(and part of year 2), another RB to take pressure off, struggle so damn much. If anyone can come up with any other evidence of a runningback unable to get to 4 ypc despite having a great passing game and never facing eight man fronts, while another RB on his own team is easily doing it(despite the fact that Deuce McAllister has been past his career prime since Bush came into the league), in his third year and then turn it around, then that would certainly lend validity to the chance of him stopping his suckage.
What's he supposed to do with this?

But hey, he hit the hole!

Old 09-19-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My bad Bruce, I forgot the Saints are the only team that ever misses a block.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Bruce
Rookie

Quote:
My bad Bruce, I forgot the Saints are the only team that ever misses a block.
On a consistent basis, yes. Jim Brown couldn't average 4YPC with that o-line.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
On a consistent basis, yes. Jim Brown couldn't average 4YPC with that o-line.
I somehow doubt that at his peak, Jim Brown couldn't get more than one tenth of a yard per carry more than Pierre Thomas.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post

Come on, this is not a great argument; watch Ted Cottrell's defense and tell me he knows what to do with talent...the guy is not blitzing while running a 3-4 defense! and he's been an NFL coach forever.

Reggie could definitely be used better. Coaches are NOT infallible. In fact sometimes they are extremely mistaken.

In all though, they really could just beef up their O-line. It's not like Reggie's forgotten how to run, watch his college tapes...when he gets daylight he is undeniable. In New Orleans, he could use a whole lot more daylight.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Bruce
Rookie

Quote:
I somehow doubt that at his peak, Jim Brown couldn't get more than one tenth of a yard per carry more than Pierre Thomas.
How much do you actually know about the Saints other than Reggie can't get more than 3.6 YPC?
Old 09-19-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How much do you actually know about the Saints other than Reggie can't get more than 3.6 YPC?
Well, he'd love to be in that number when they come marching in, that's for damn sure.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Bruce
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Well, he'd love to be in that number when they come marching in, that's for damn sure.
And just to clarify i'm not trying to question his intelligence. I was just wondering how much he knew about the team around him. A RB can only do so much.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
And just to clarify i'm not trying to question his intelligence. I was just wondering how much he knew about the team around him. A RB can only do so much.
That's all I'm saying as well. Lot of people that speak out against the Saints don't even know much about the team in general. I'm not questioning Cutler's intelligence because I know he's one of the best posters on here, but still.

Let's take the play that won against TB in Week One for example.. that play was deemed a kill by Brees at the LOS, Reggie started in the backfield and then took a swing pass for the game-winning TD. You move him to WR you kill what makes him the player that he is: versatility.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, Reggie is pretty horrible.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Yep, Reggie is pretty horrible.
Epic victory.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Original thought

Who in here honestly thought that Reggie Bush was going to be a running back like most others? It's ridiculous to even be comparing Peterson to Bush, cause they're completely different players. It's like comparing Carson Palmer or Ben Roethlisberger to Michael Vick. No where near the same type of players, even though they play the same position. One has all the prototypical tools you'd want in that position, and the other has crazy athleticism, which you can use in many different ways.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:08 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Who in here honestly thought that Reggie Bush was going to be a running back like most others?
Pretty much everyone on this forum.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Saints fans should explain to us why since 2006 Deuce McAllister has averaged 4.3 yards per carry, Pierre Thomas has averaged 4.6 yards per carry, and Reggie Bush has averaged 3.6 yards per carry behind the SAME offensive line.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote