Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ronnie Brown is Legit

If not for injuries, Ronnie Brown would be a top-5 back in the league. Well, he seems pretty healthy now!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Marlo

Didn't we already know this? Look what he did last year before his injury.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just glad I wasn't facing his owner in fantasy this week.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
It sucks, trust me.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They appear to have known what they were doing drafting a Jake Long to help that running game.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
They appear to have known what they were doing drafting a Jake Long to help that running game.
I don't think Long has much to do with it.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have him...I benched him...:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
more like the Pats' offense not giving their defense a breath.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I don't think Long has much to do with it.
Best run blocker in the draft doesnt have anything to do with it? Are you serious?
Old 09-21-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Best run blocker in the draft doesnt have anything to do with it? Are you serious?
Completely serious. It's not Jake Long, it's Ronnie Brown. He was amazing last year before his injury and showed it again today. His start last year was better than this year even. Nothing to do with Jake Long.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Completely serious. It's not Jake Long, it's Ronnie Brown. He was amazing last year before his injury and showed it again today. His start last year was better than this year even. Nothing to do with Jake Long.
Why'd you draft him then, there were plenty of other needs.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
more like the Pats' offense not giving their defense a breath.
The Pats defense did that on their own.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I have him...I benched him...:(
Man, I feel for you.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I HAD to make a sig with that picture... it was yelling at me

Old 09-21-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I'm glad bzaza benched him this week.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
If not for injuries
Pretty much sums it up right there.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I HAD to make a sig with that picture... it was yelling at me

I hope you don't mind but I am going to rock that sig in honor or Ronnie's dominance today! I'll give you credit, don't worry!

Thank god Ronnie is going to start getting the recognition he deserves. When healthy, he is a top 5 back in the league for sure. That's been his only problem the last couple of years because he always seems to have bad luck with injuries. He seems to be pretty healthy now though, so I can't wait for a great season!

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:53 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh.. And I stuck with Ronnie today for my lineup. I knew he was in for a big game eventually. Call me a homer, but I'm sure glad I was today.

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lucky ginger

Draftguru started Ronnie Brown against me, LOL.

Plus he had the Eagles defense.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie might gett the credit he finally deserves. But the reason he hasn't gotten it yet is because he hasn't done anything in the league at all. He had a great start last year and everyone has always said that he has been a good back since his second year in the league, but injuries have always been a problem. He hadn't deserved any because whenever he got hot he got injured.

He is a great back, with a lot of skill, but you can't be great and be considered a star based on projected numbers "had he been healthy"

Hopefully Ronnie can stay healthy this year though while splitting carries with Ricky and they both can use all the talent that they have.

Last edited by Vox Populi : 09-21-2008 at 11:03 PM. Reason: ahfdjdgsmdjges
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
injuries have always been a problem. You are joking yourself when you say he gets no respect. He hadn't deserved any because whenever he got hot he got injured.
Let's not get out of hand here and start acting like Ronnie Brown is a walking injury. If not for the ACL tear last season, he hasn't had any more injuries then any other normal NFL back. He average 14 games played a season before the ACL tear and while that's not a full season it's not like he was consistently getting hurt every year and missing big time, he was just getting nicked up behind one of the NFLs worst offensive lines like any other normal RB would do.

What has held Ronnie back has not been injuries. It was workload and opportunity.

-His rookie season he was brought along very slowly, barely given the ball, only getting about 13 carries a game. Hardly enough to make a big splash.

-His 2nd season, he still only average about 15 carries a game because he was sharing the workload and he still got a respectable 1,000 yard rushing season.

-His 3rd year is when he was finally given the full time workload and allowed to go full time and getting closer to 19 carries a game plus seeing alot of passes out of the backfield, (he had already broken his career high in catches in just 7 games). Not surprisingly he has having his biggest season and was the NFL's best RB that year until he got hurt.

- This year he is sharing carries with Ricky, and getting broken in slowly coming off that nasty injury, as soon as he breaks into the starting lineup and gets the bulk of the work, he responds with a huge game scoring 5 TDs and going close to 150 total yards.

So lets not get crazy and start lying to ourselves and saying Ronnie Brown is a big injury bug because that simply isn't the case. If not for one freak ACL tear, he has no more injuries then any other normal NFL running back. It's other situations and circumstances that has not let him reach his full potential and now that he is shining the NFL will have a chance to see the player that Miami fans have been waiting to see explode. That's all bow was getting at. No need to jump down his throat.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 09-22-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you kidding?

His first year as a rookie he was stuck on one of the worst offenses in the league and everyone was already calling him a bust because of what Carnell was doing for the Bucs.

His second year, he had a pretty good statistical season but was wildly inconsistent, largely due to injuries that kept him hurting all year and forced him out of a few late season matches.

His third year he was on pace for a great year, but again, injuries held him to only 7 games.

So obviously he isn't an injury waiting to happen, but to say that it isn't injuries holding him back is ridiculous. His second year he was constantly hurting, and then when they did give him the workload and opportunities he got injured and was put on IR. It is obvious that Ronnie is most effective in a two back system and that goes all the way back to his college days at Auburn where he split carries with another back who is constantly getting nicked up, Carnell Williams.

Clearly this guy benefits from fewer touches because it allows him to play harder longer and deeper into the season rather than have a great stretch of games where he gets 30 touches and then hit a wall a half dozen games in when the injuries start to stack up. Ronnie Brown has CLEARLY been a better back when he has played in a two back system and your idea that he is being held back by a lack of carries and opportunities as opposed to injuries is just simply wishful thinking in hope that Ronnie can pound the rock 30 times a game every game without injury and remain effective. It doesn't work like that and there are very few backs who can do that and remain effective on a week-week basis once the season gets half way through.

Last edited by Vox Populi : 09-22-2008 at 12:06 AM. Reason: fdjdsgjfmf
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
. His second year he was constantly hurting, and then when they did give him the workload and opportunities he got injured and was put on IR.
Dude, please stop talking right now. You have no clue what you are talking about.

He was never, ever put on IR in his 2nd season.

He was fine all season, he played well too. His workload was limited because coaches wanted to bring him along slowly since he wasn't a feature back in college. He wasnt "constantly hurting". He had a pretty decent season racking up a 4.2 YPA average and going over 1,000 yards.

He missed a couple weeks towards the middle of the season, around week 12 or so with a broken hand, (a freak injury not him hurting all season) but he came back after missing 2 games or so and finished out the rest of the year, never did he get placed on IR.

At least know what you are talking about before you start posting man.

BTW...No wishful thinking that Ronnie can pound the rock 30 times a game so stop assuming. He is however full capable or getting 18 carries and a handful of catches a game with no problem. I'm merely point out that fact that calling Ronnie Brown injury prone just isn't the case because if it were not for 1 freak ACL tear, we would not even be having this conversation.

Last edited by Joeyjr09 : 09-22-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His career path seems to be taking the same path as Fred Taylor's did. Supremely talented back who may never get the respect he deserves because of injuries and playing for an irrelevant team.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
His career path seems to be taking the same path as Fred Taylor's did. Supremely talented back who may never get the respect he deserves because of injuries and playing for an irrelevant team.
I think that comparison is too favorable to Ronnie Brown. Fred Taylor has put together some great seasons, whereas Ronnie Brown has put together great games.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote