Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:53 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fred Taylor has seen some average teams, but none as bad as the ones brown has been on.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default An interesting mention, yfs

Fred Taylor statistics

Ronnie Brown statistics

For anyone wondering.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like brown but can they run this gimmick offense every week? Or will it dry up quickly like when Vick and the Falcons ran the option a few years ago?

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I like brown but can they run this gimmick offense every week? Or will it dry up quickly like when Vick and the Falcons ran the option a few years ago?
There was like a total of 8 gimmick plays the entire game. It's not like they were lining up all sorts of wierd formations for every play. It just so happens that most of the gimmick plays were in the redzone leading to big scores so those are the highlights you are seeing. However, most of their big drives were set up by straight up drop back passes (See Pennington's stats) or straight handoffs to Ricky and Ronnie.

The gimmick offense certainly helped, but anyone thinking the reason they won was because of gimmicks is sadly mistaken. The scored was 38-13. No gimmick win. Miami just straight pounded them.

The OL was dominating the DL, the WRs were getting open. Joey Porter had 3 sacks alone, much less the rest of the pass rush by the DL. We forced turnovers, bad throws, were tearing thru their OL with blitzes and were stuffing their RBs consistently.

Miami dominated them in every facet of that game, the gimmicks were just the added flair.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah I've known he was legit since he was at Auburn when he made it into the top 5 of the draft, in a RBBC system in college...

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i grabbed him in the 3rd or 4th round of most of my leagues

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had him benched for my fantasy team and lost because of it :[

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I have him...I benched him...:(
me too >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Dude, please stop talking right now. You have no clue what you are talking about.

He was never, ever put on IR in his 2nd season.
Actually I was referring to his third season, hence the "WHEN THEY DID GIVE HIM THE WORKLOAD AND OPPORTUNITIES." I was clearly talking about his third season when he landed on IR and if you couldn't understand that, well sorry, I guess your teachers didn't focus on reading comprehension very much.

Quote:
At least know what you are talking about before you start posting man.
I think you need to get off your high horse and stop pretending like because you are a fan of Ronnie Brown whatever you think is true. He is best when gets 18 carries a game and a few catches, and you say this too, well that is exactly why you saying he isn't getting opportunities or the workload to succeed is ridiculous, that makes absolutely no sense and those completely contradict each other. I think you realize this now based on your last post and pretty much agreed with my points without admiting to it by trying to make me look like an idiot, but unfortunately, you just can't read all that well.

Ronnie Brown, like Fred Taylor who has been brought into the discussion is clearly most effective in a 2 back system where his touches are limited and so is his workload. Otherwise he will run the same course as Fred Taylor and never statistically live up to his potential until he is used properly in a two back system with limited touches.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
His second year he was constantly hurting, and then when they did give him the workload and opportunities he got injured and was put on IR.
Maybe you should read your own posts before you start trying to say I don't know how to read.

But nice try with the effort to spin it like you were talking about his 3rd season even tho you clearly said his 2nd.

The problem isn't my reading comprehension. It's plain and simple that you can't even count to 3.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he was the #2 overall pick and was tearing up the league before he went down with injury last year, so yea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe you should read your own posts before you start trying to say I don't know how to read.

But nice try with the effort to spin it like you were talking about his 3rd season even tho you clearly said his 2nd.

The problem isn't my reading comprehension. It's plain and simple that you can't even count to 3.
Thanks, but you are wrong. Its called context. You are clearly looking outside of it, and now are stuck on this and can't even make an argument. Good luck.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote