Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Shockey Out 3-6 Weeks

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3603003

We just can't catch a fricking break.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

eff.

that's a big pile of unhappiness.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3603003

We just can't catch a fricking break.
tough news, but you guys knew he was injury prone when you traded for him.

then again, it is a sports hernia. but still

tough break, I was one of his few supporters when he was in NY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same injury as Kevin Curtis, probably even when he comes back he won't be 100% all season.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

another reason why i don't necessarily miss Shockey.

he hasn't stayed healthy for a full season his entire career.

Kevin Boss ftw.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not so nice!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And, the Saints CONTINUE to be the most injured team in the NFL.

WHOOOOOOOO!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooo what do we do with our top 10 pick?

Who Dat Nation!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sooo what do we do with our top 10 pick?
hopefully extend Vilma so the Giants can have it.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

They won't get a first if we extend Vilma.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well that sucks, but I can't say I'm terribly surprised.

I was never a Shockey fan, but I hate to see anyone injured. Plus he's on one of my fantasy teams. Ugh.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:16 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

Yea, my fantasy team too.

Who Dat Nation!
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
yeah i know. only if you do it during FA it will happen :(

Shockey is a great player, and is one of the best TEs in the game. Maybe the 2nd most complete TE in the game next to Jason Witten, but the guy just can't stay healthy.

And the way Boss is growing as a blocker and pass catcher, I really don't miss him.

In this deep draft, having an extra 2nd is gonna be sweet.
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Vilma plays 85% of defensive snaps and Vilma is extended, then you give the Jets your 2nd round pick. When that happens, the Giants are bumped up to a 1st round pick.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
If Vilma plays 85% of defensive snaps and Vilma is extended, then you give the Jets your 2nd round pick. When that happens, the Giants are bumped up to a 1st round pick.
In 2010, not this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
In 2010, not this year.

Oh, then maybe we could get Everson Griffin in 2010!

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 09-22-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

I thought it was a 4th, which upgrades to a 3rd if he plays that much?

Who Dat Nation!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I thought it was a 4th, which upgrades to a 3rd if he plays that much?
we traded shockey for a 2nd and 5th.

if like stated, Vilma goes for a 2nd to the Jets based on his extension, we bump up to a 1st.

Its a downer for me though that it would be for 2010. I wanted one this year :(
Old 09-22-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
we traded shockey for a 2nd and 5th.

if like stated, Vilma goes for a 2nd to the Jets based on his extension, we bump up to a 1st.

Its a downer for me though that it would be for 2010. I wanted one this year :(
Believe me when I say that a 2010 first rounder would be amazing. Plus Brees might begin to regress (purely hypothetical) and thus the Saints could give us a top-10 pick in a very good DE class.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 09-22-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints really cant catch a break. Neither can shockey guys a prick but im starting to feel bad for the kid.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Believe me when I say that a 2010 first rounder would be amazing. Plus Brees might begin to regress (purely hypothetical) and thus the Saints could give us a top-10 pick in a very good DE class.
if we get a 2nd out of the deal, would it be for this year?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
if we get a 2nd out of the deal, would it be for this year?
From what it sounds like Number 10 was saying, it would be a 2nd and 5th this year or a 1st in 2010. He can confirm this.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 09-22-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
From what it sounds like Number 10 was saying, it would be a 2nd and 5th this year or a 1st in 2010. He can confirm this.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

if you trade 2 2nd round picks, what value is that in the first round?
Old 09-22-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** just when Reggie was starting to get on a roll ... :(
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

if you trade 2 2nd round picks, what value is that in the first round?
Depending how high the second rounders are, but usually somewhere between 17-28.

Edit - Just off the top of my head, i didn't bother looking at the overrated and overused "trade chart".