Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-26-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Chris Gamble is better than someone?
Ahmad Carroll
Old 09-26-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Ahmad Carroll
Who's better than Jacques Reeves. Whom the Texans gave a 4 million dollar signing bonus to.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

dc22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Who's better than Jacques Reeves. Whom the Texans gave a 4 million dollar signing bonus to.
i don't know if you could be worse than carroll
dc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22 View Post
Wasn't he pretty much the only 1st rounder in 2004 to bust?

Yah, I know he wasn't with guys like Woods and Gallery around, but srsly, he's bringing the average down.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22 View Post
And i seriously think anyone can be worse than Reeves. But then again, this is like arguing which you'd rather have, the clap or chlamydia.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
And i seriously think anyone can be worse than Reeves. But then again, this is like arguing which you'd rather have, the clap or chlamydia.
or like if you'd rather be hit in the face with a bowling ball or an ice pick.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
coach Mike McCarthy said cornerback Al Harris could be back in a month.

"I'd say it's safe it's going to be at least three to four weeks," McCarthy said, when asked about the timetable for Harris' return. "The thing that we know for sure is we've had to totally shut him down for seven days, so he'll start probably Monday morning with some form of conditioning, and it will just progress as we move forward. There will be some tests that are done along the way. I don't have an exact timeframe for you."
A bit encouraging.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
or like if you'd rather be hit in the face with a bowling ball or an ice pick.
Oh, i'd take the bowling ball over the ice pick. For sure.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So this means Woodson covers the teams #1 WR for the most part? How up to speed is Patrick Lee? I wonder if Green Bay wishes they had gave up a late round pick to move up for Cason or Jenkins, I don't know how Lee is progressing so maybe moving back was the right move, but I felt those two corners were great fits for what they want to run, especially Jenkins, he can run that bump and run to a T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would have a late round draft pick gotten GB to Cason or Jenkins???

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
So this means Woodson covers the teams #1 WR for the most part? How up to speed is Patrick Lee? I wonder if Green Bay wishes they had gave up a late round pick to move up for Cason or Jenkins, I don't know how Lee is progressing so maybe moving back was the right move, but I felt those two corners were great fits for what they want to run, especially Jenkins, he can run that bump and run to a T.
Woodson was covering TO in the Dallas game even when Harris was in there. He'll be mostly on the number one, but it won't be just him exclusively. I think he'll continue to cover the slot like he has been doing when that applies.

Patrick Lee is normally our 5th CB, so he'll be pushed up to dimeback with Harris out. He was taken as a guy that we knew would take at least a year to develop. I have high hopes for him, but we won't be seeing much of him this year. Tramon Williams will start opposite of Woodson with Will Blackmon as the nickle.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's Will Blackmon been? He's been a guy I was very intrigued with back when he was drafted. He was on his way to being a very good corner before being moved to WR. You know the kid has to be the ultimate team player for a move like that. He basically sacrificed millions of dollars just to make his college team more successful.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
How's Will Blackmon been? He's been a guy I was very intrigued with back when he was drafted. He was on his way to being a very good corner before being moved to WR. You know the kid has to be the ultimate team player for a move like that. He basically sacrificed millions of dollars just to make his college team more successful.
He's been injured so much that it's hard to tell right now. He was hurt throughout his rookie year and was eventually placed on IR. Then last year he won the return job, but he broke his thumb right before the season started. He also broke his foot last year which kept him out for 7 weeks. He's finally healthy this year and with Harris out we'll get to see what he's got I guess. I like his skillset and think that with being back at corner for three years since being a WR that if he stays healthy he has a chance to be one of the eventual replacements for Harris and Woodson. I think that he'll be a very good returner for us even if he doesn't do anything on defense. He's only averaging 21 yards per kick return right now, but he's often close to breaking it.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for Harris but I'm pretty excited to see what Williams and Blackmon can do.. even Lee should get some game reps. I think all three have the potential to be starting CBs... yeah, we'll have to change the system somewhat but that's to be expected when you lose a top-knotch player at any position.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote