Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 3 Thoughts

I guess I'll start it up again this week.
  • The '07 playoffs was a landmark moment for the Chargers. Yes, they won a playoff game for the first time in a decade or so and reached the AFC Championship Game. But more importantly, it featured the passing of the torch from LaDainian Tomlinson to ascending quarterback Phillip Rivers. Rivers is flourishing under Norv Turner as many thought he would, when the Chargers initially made the hire. The Chargers have changed, they are now Rivers' team and look respective of Norv Turner rather than Marty Schottenheimer.
  • The Eagles defense was worst in the league, tied with Pittsburgh and Houston, in interceptions (11) last season. Free agent acquisition and playmaker Asante Samuel already has two interceptions.
  • Plus as far as I'm aware, Samuel has played well in coverage thus far. But please dumbass talking heads at ESPN, continue to tell us how it's not Samuel, it's the Patriots' system.
  • The Titans will make Albert Haynesworth the highest-paid DT in the league. Some sight it is when, on occassion, Haynesworth lines up at DE and Vanden Bosh lines up at DT. I'm sure the left tackle's eyes get wider whenever he sees that.
  • The Broncos starting 3-0, thanks to stellar offense and some lucky breaks, reminds me somewhat of 2006 when they started 5-1 thanks to stellar defense. Let's see if they can sustain this.
  • Blasphemous as it may be to say, I don't think the Chargers lose a step when Darren Sproles replaces LaDainian Tomlinson. It's actually a gain imo, Sproles is even more dynamic and explosive. The one caveat being the passing game, where LDT is so accomplished as both a receiver (still very potent in this regard) as well as a pass protector for the quarterback.
  • Eagles' '06 1st round pick DT Brodrick Bunkley didn't play a lick as a rookie, meanwhile the Eagles were 26th in the league in run defense (136.4 ypg and 4.5 ypc). Since becoming a starter from the start of '07, the Eagles dramatically improved to 7th best in the league at 95.8 ypg and 3.8 ypc. So far this season, they are first in the league with 45.7 ypg and 2.4 ypc after having played the Rams, Cowboys, and Steelers. Just maybe the big man is a part of that.
  • Keep burying the Colts, pile that dirt and say farewell. Just know that the coffin will be empty if you check it later.
  • The losing team that most impressed me this week is the Bengals. They put up a much better fight against the defending Super Bowl champs, at Giants Stadium, than I anticipated. Without their best corner Jonathan Joseph and Dexter Jackson playing, they took the game into overtime where they unfortunately lost. But that showed me some real character and grit, which is good to see from the Bengals.
  • Reggie Bush has scored four total touchdowns, meanwhile the Houston Texans have scored three touchdowns. Trumpet that matter of early fact, ignorant haters.
  • The Dallas Cowboys look like the best team in the league. They handled the Packers well this Sunday night, who proved they didn't need Brett Favre for them to continue losing to the Cowboys. Although maybe the Packers tweak a few things differently next time to their benefit, should they meet again in the postseason.

Discuss and share.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:07 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with everything you have said, Geo. If you don't mind, sir, I will add a few thoughts of my own.

While I should say I have been surprised by the Eagles play, I halfway expected it. I thought their offseason was highly underrated and as long as Donovan McNabb stays healthy I think they have a better chance than most of representing the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Dallas looks amazing. Everything is clicking for this time right now. Philadelphia gave them a hell of a fight but the 'Boys ended up pulling away in the end. Right now, I don't see a team capable of hanging with them, although I'm sure one will step up.

After two games it seems I have overrated Matt Cassel. There was a time when I thought he was a good backup quarterback and could be the next Matt Schaub but his play over the past two games has shown that he is nothing more than mediocre.

Reggie Bush finally seems like he is coming into his own. While I don't see him being the next coming of Marshall Faulk or Barry Sanders, he is a very dangerous weapon when giving space. He has shown tremendous growth and vision in these past three games and I am starting to warm up to him, although I am one of his harshest critics. The only thing holding him, and the Saints, back is their lack of run blocking. After their bye week I expect to see some changes in the Saints offensive line personnel. Carl Nicks should replace Jamar Nesbit at LG and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Zach Strief is the new starting RT. Something has to be done so that the Saints can get a running game established.

While I have said what I did about Reggie Bush, I think Darren Sproles is the most explosive and dynamic back in the NFL right now. He's dangerous every time he touches the ball and I would say that he is one of the most important players on the Chargers team right now.

Don't look now but at this rate the Atlanta Falcons could be your 2008 NFC South Champions. The lackluster play of the Saints has put a serious dent in my faith in them clinching the division title this year. I really think it's going to come down between the Falcons and Panthers. *shakes head*

Speaking of the Falcons, Michael Turner and Matt Ryan are the real deals. I watched the Falcons/Chiefs game this Sunday and love Turner's running ability. He continually gets 1-5 more yards after initial contact and is a load to bring down. Ryan is showing the maturity of a grizzeld veteran out there and you can tell that he just exudes confidence. If the Falcons can get a legitimate TE and a few more pieces on D I can see them being very strong contenders.

The Buffalo Bills are on track to make the playoffs and the Jets are not. So far my prediction about that is coming true.

Detroit is a mess and it wouldn't surprise if they don't clean house this year.

I have really liked the way the Pittsburgh Steelers have looked. They are going to be a lot tougher this year than people give them credit for.

Minnesota has got to solve their QB problem sooner than later. Sure, the ageless Gus Frerotte won them a football game but he won't win many more. I don't know about trading for a QB this year (unless its Jeff Garcia) but the Vikings need to be very aggressive in trying to get a QB in the offseason. Whether it's going after FA's Alex Smith or J.P. Losman or trying to trade for Matt Leinart (Geo's idea originally) they have got to do something before their team gets any older. With the right QB, they could be extremely dangerous.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 09-23-2008 at 03:12 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the chatter coming from ESPN these days is saying how much the Patriots miss Asante Samuel. Just saying.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They sure as **** weren't saying that during the offseason. But that makes sense, the "worldwide leader" doesn't know anything so they eventually have to say everything.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:17 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
They sure as **** weren't saying that during the offseason. But that makes sense, the "worldwide leader" doesn't know anything so they eventually have to say everything.
Plus, it's pretty easy to knock the "Patriot System" when it gets rocked by a Miami Dolphins team running a 70 year old offense.

By the way, I agree with you on the Colts. Of all the teams that could conceivably pull it all together suddenly, I think they are easily the best bet.

As for the Haynesworth thing, he's definitely going to get the highest contract of any defensive tackle ever. The question is, how bloated is it going to have to be for the Titans to keep him from hitting the open market in the first place?
Old 09-23-2008, 03:35 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't have time this week to do my own thing so I'll post some things I had in mind.

Dallas Cowboys are brilliant, but Tony Romo shouldn't be considered an elite QB. I've seen the last two of his three games so far this season and in every one of them he's made at least two bone head plays that would cost the team a game in a closer match up. While right now no one is even close to the cowboys the playoffs seem to have a way of leveling the playing field for some teams. If Romo keeps throwing stupid interceptions and continues to have struggles hanging on to the ball I can see the cowboys being extremely frustrated with him some time this year. Sure he produces a heck of a lot and it just might be a fair trade off, but at times he looks very prone to stupidity.

Gus Ferotte didn't so much win Minnesota the game as Antoine Winfield did. Carolina had an average first half and seemed to break down in the second, Winfield coming untouched off the corner giving the vikings 6 on a fumble recovery lead to a lot of dropped heads, which is something Fox needs to fix.

Atlanta has so far beat 2 of the worst teams in the NFL, their other big game will be against St Louis and that's probably about it. Its nice to think they'll be able to keep pace with the Panthers and the Buccs, but their schedule includes:

Panthers
Greenbay
Chicago
Philly
Oakland
New Orleans
Denver
Carolina
San Diego
New Orleans
Tampa
Minnesota
St Louis

of those teams maybe they'll beat Oakland, and San Francisco, I can't see them beating anyone else.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:08 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Plus, it's pretty easy to knock the "Patriot System" when it gets rocked by a Miami Dolphins team running a 70 year old offense.
id like to see reggie bush in that "70 year old offense"
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:31 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just like to second your thoughts on Rivers, because he is deadly as all hell at the QB position and created an explosive offense just as the great San Diego Nightmare (LT being hurt) struck.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
  • The Eagles defense was worst in the league, tied with Pittsburgh and Houston, in interceptions (11) last season. Free agent acquisition and playmaker Asante Samuel already has two interceptions.
  • Plus as far as I'm aware, Samuel has played well in coverage thus far. But please dumbass talking heads at ESPN, continue to tell us how it's not Samuel, it's the Patriots' system.
Samuel's been awesome. I can't remember him being beat for a big play yet. He's got two picks (and should have had a pick 6 against the Rams) and 6 PD so far. <3 Samuel.

Quote:
  • Eagles' '06 1st round pick DT Brodrick Bunkley didn't play a lick as a rookie, meanwhile the Eagles were 26th in the league in run defense (136.4 ypg and 4.5 ypc). Since becoming a starter from the start of '07, the Eagles dramatically improved to 7th best in the league at 95.8 ypg and 3.8 ypc. So far this season, they are first in the league with 45.7 ypg and 2.4 ypc after having played the Rams, Cowboys, and Steelers. Just maybe the big man is a part of that.
He's a huge part of that. He's been playing so well. He is commanding double teams, leaving players like Stewart Bradley to come up and play the run. It's working really well. Like you said, Philly's played the Rams, Cowboys, and Steelers. Last I checked, Steven Jackson, Marion Barber and Willie Parker are pretty damn good backs :)

Quote:
  • Reggie Bush has scored four total touchdowns, meanwhile the Houston Texans have scored three touchdowns. Trumpet that matter of early fact, ignorant haters.
His yards per carry average still sucks (3.6), but as I have said in the past, get him an OL and watch that skyrocket. 9.6 yards per catch is pretty damn good though.

Quote:
  • The Dallas Cowboys look like the best team in the league. They handled the Packers well this Sunday night, who proved they didn't need Brett Favre for them to continue losing to the Cowboys. Although maybe the Packers tweak a few things differently next time to their benefit, should they meet again in the postseason.
Yes they do. Whether they can do it with all the chips on the line, however, still needs to be determined.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love what samuel has been doing thus far, but the man can not tackle worth two shits

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think props need to go out to John Harbaugh for the Ravens 2-0 start

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tennessee is a potential SB caliber team out of the AFC.

The SB representative from the NFC will come from the East, with 3 legit SB teams in the division.

Even with their slow start, the AFC is the Charger's conference to lose.

Ben Roethlisberger still doesn't read defenses.

Baltimore is slept on.

Michael Turner is a better and more productive RB than LDT.

Like you said, the torch has been passed to Rivers.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People also should stop sleeping on the redskins because they are only going to get better as the season goes on
Old 09-23-2008, 09:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
People also should stop sleeping on the redskins because they are only going to get better as the season goes on
i agree.

if they were in any other division, they probably make the playoffs. theyre a 10-6 caliber team, that will finish below that record bc they play in the East.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFC East is 10-2 and those two loses were playing each other in the division..
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with what everyone said about the Falcons and what they have in place, they have a nice foundation, how has Sam Baker looked so far though? I wasn't sure he was a franchise LT but it sure has looked like Ryan had all day to throw on some of those deep passes...Ryan, Turner, and Roddy are all legit guys to build around, like Diab said if they get a TE that can stretch the field and make plays they will be scary, I always thought had they drafted Bennett he would of been a perfect guy to develop into a #1 TE with his great mix of run blocking and athletic ability.

Samuel has great instincts, I think he can read a QB without having to follow the WR and where he goes, I didn't know how Philly would use him but they are using him to his strengths where he can face the QB and make plays for the most part...He's certainly earning that paycheck.

On the Titans I really see them as a SB contender also, that defense is legit and could be the best defense in the NFL this year, anytime you can hold teams under 20 pts a game and run the ball as well as they do, you have a chance to win every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I agree with what everyone said about the Falcons and what they have in place, they have a nice foundation, how has Sam Baker looked so far though? I wasn't sure he was a franchise LT but it sure has looked like Ryan had all day to throw on some of those deep passes...Ryan, Turner, and Roddy are all legit guys to build around, like Diab said if they get a TE that can stretch the field and make plays they will be scary, I always thought had they drafted Bennett he would of been a perfect guy to develop into a #1 TE with his great mix of run blocking and athletic ability.

Samuel has great instincts, I think he can read a QB without having to follow the WR and where he goes, I didn't know how Philly would use him but they are using him to his strengths where he can face the QB and make plays for the most part...He's certainly earning that paycheck.

On the Titans I really see them as a SB contender also, that defense is legit and could be the best defense in the NFL this year, anytime you can hold teams under 20 pts a game and run the ball as well as they do, you have a chance to win every game.
I loved Sam Baker. I felt he was very underrated coming in. Its good to see him do well.

Tennessee, from top to bottom, is loaded with underrated players on defense.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Two things:

1) I'm not ready to agree with you on Tomlinson/Sproles. LT has been poor, but I think his pedigree justifies a few more poor games before you can say Darren Sproles will step in with no to limited consequences.

2) Reggie Bush. Not to hate, but your statistic means nothing.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Good things, I feel like I should follow up a bit:

1. I don't mean to take away from LDT as much as I want to acknowledge Sproles. When he is in the game, you notice it because he is explosive. Now could Sproles deliver 340 carries or so in a full season like LDT? Who knows, maybe not. I just know that, if you ignore the jerseys, the better player on the field just might be the dynamic Sproles.

2. It was partly a play on last year, when Mario Williams had more touchdowns than Reggie Bush after one or two games, and we had to hear about it from certain posters even though it's not much of a point.

But four total touchdowns in three games played by Bush is noteworthy imo. Now with Colston and Shockey out, plus maybe Patten too, he is going to be the offense versus San Francisco at home as they need to get to 2-2. Something the 49ers will be well aware of, I'm sure. Bush might have at least one spy on him the entire game.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

until Bush learns how to run between the tackles, he'll forever be a glorified scatback.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

He didn't run between the tackles on his 23-yard touchdown run?
Old 09-23-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

one run.

how about the other billion times when he gets stuffed?

the man is a dynamic athlete, but he was drafted to be more than he is. let's call a spade a spade. he has to do a lot more than he's done the past 3 games for him to validate his status.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That run between the tackles stuff is such garbage. How hard do you think it is to run through an open hole? Too bad we don't have those. Pierre Thomas runs between the tackles, and he has 12 carries for 23 yards in the last two games, 20 coming on 2 runs.

All of Reggie's best runs are between the tackles when an actual hole opens up, but I wouldn't expect anyone that doesn't watch to know that :-/
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with Bush is that the hyped he got coming into the NFL, people, and the media expected basically an Adrian Peterson type impact to the league. Instead they got a guy who has gotten hurt and has not reached anywhere close to his hype or pay. That's an issue, people will always judge him by the hype he got. That's what makes a bust a bust. You get a certain degree of hype, and when you fail to deliver or meet that hype, it's not good. Right now, he is still a young player, but he has prove something, that he was worth all that hype coming into the NFL.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
That run between the tackles stuff is such garbage. How hard do you think it is to run through an open hole? Too bad we don't have those. Pierre Thomas runs between the tackles, and he has 12 carries for 23 yards in the last two games, 20 coming on 2 runs.

All of Reggie's best runs are between the tackles when an actual hole opens up, but I wouldn't expect anyone that doesn't watch to know that :-/
Pierre Thomas isn't exactly a between the tackles guy himself...

anyway, im tired of the whole Reggie Bush debate.