Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
spike_throw

Crennel shld replace starting quarterback Derek Anderson with backup Brady Quinn for the 0-3 Browns...
Old 09-23-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, just... wow

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:53 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

....sure that will fix everything...wait...no that wont...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:55 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

He should also replace Willie McGinest with Alex Hall, replace D'Qwell Jackson with Leon Williams and rotate Beau Bell in for Andra Davis more often. And he needs to play our biggest play making RB the last 3 years more often. Lewis is the work horse, but Harrison is the guy for Draws and Screens freaking use him. We also need to light a fire under Chud's butt because he runs it on 1st and 2nd down 70% of the time and when he does throw it on 1st if it is incomplete he has run the ball on 2nd and 10 100% of the time! Get real buddy. You're too ******* predictable.

This team is so poorly coached it's down right gross. It's not all Romeo's fault either. I'd fire everyone except Chud(he proved he has the ability last year) and Tucker(this is his first year and we've already improved there)
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Wow, just... wow
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I was expecting this to be a drunk post.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Oh and before everyone pulls the hindsight garbage on me I'll let it be known right now before anything happens....

Our season is already over the playoffs are down the drain already, so another loss doesn't mean jack. That being said I do not think Romeo should play Brady Quinn this week no matter how bad it gets. I don't care if Derek Anderson is 3-21 with 14 interceptions. If you want to get Anderson out for his sake then put in Ken Dorsey, not Brady Quinn. I say this because after this game we then have a buy week which would allow us to get Brady more reps this week, some teaching up in the buy, and all the reps in the week leading up to our game against the Giants(bad defense for your first start ouch) Start him then anyway because he's going to have to get used to a good pass rush. Heck the only crap or averag D's we play against all season are Cincinnati, Houston, Indianapolis and Cincinnati again.

DON'T PLAY BRADY THIS WEEK!!!!!! If you do it you fat lard and make another stupid mistake in your pathetic reign of the Cleveland Browns I will crap on your door step.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear a few weeks ago someone was trying to argue that cleveland was going to be elite.... what happend lol
Old 09-23-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21ST View Post
I swear a few weeks ago someone was trying to argue that cleveland was going to be elite.... what happend lol
Are you talking about me? I hope to God not because you'd be putting words in my mouth buddy. I was arguing Pittsburgh was overrated and we were better. I predicted us to win the division at 8-8 over Pittsburgh's 8-8. How in the world does that equate to elite???
Old 09-23-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know there are other Browns fans on the board.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Nah they all left hes the lone ranger now....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
And I was the only Browns fan who had posted in the thread. That makes it more than a very good possibility he's talking to me since no one else said anything in here, and he never mentioned anyone else specifically.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offense is a bit banged up right now, namely Braylon and some of the OL, and they need a second wide receiver to step up - maybe that will be Stallworth if he's now healthy enough to play. Anderson hasn't played perfectly, but it's not all on him.

As for the defense, I'd like to see them be more aggressive just a bit. Bring in at least one rusher, if it's an inside linebacker or outside linebacker, to try and generate some extra pressure to help the secondary out.

Looking at the current run defense stats, I thought they might be better with Shaun Rogers and Corey Williams added to the team. But then again, the current average of rushing attempt against them is 35.3, seventh most in the league. That likely has to do with the offense not staying on the field and defensively not getting teams off the field on passing downs.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why didn't they just trade D.A. in the off-season like everyone thought they should?

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as much as I dislike Derek Anderson, I'm sure his fall back to mediocrity has nothing to do with a the OL playing nowhere near last year's level, the fact that Edwards has decided to be completely worthless, and a complete lack of a running game...but I'm sure starting Quinn will change all of that

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
as much as I dislike Derek Anderson, I'm sure his fall back to mediocrity has nothing to do with a the OL playing nowhere near last year's level, the fact that Edwards has decided to be completely worthless, and a complete lack of a running game...but I'm sure starting Quinn will change all of that
Derek Anderson haters and people like you are both wrong. You're seem to be blaming it all on the other players while Anderson haters blame it all on him. Obviously Edwards has dropped way too many balls to count and the running game hasn't been there, but you're conveniently leaving out the fact that Derek Anderson has thrown twice, if not triple, as many uncatchable balls, or forcing them into recievers and getting them murdered by defenders.

Is Derek Anderson the sole problem? Nope. Will Brady Quinn fix everything for the Browns? Nope. If Quinn can just be slightly more accurate with his throws its going to change a lot though. Derek Anderson has never been accuate under 20 yards and every Browns fans knows it. It's not like we're seeing something new here it's just that teams have film now and know to eliminate the deep paterns and DA cannot beat you. They started solving that puzzle toward the end of last season too.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are a little banged up, but they did face the Cowboys and Steelers (They could easily face each other in the superbowl, they are both playoff caliber teams) and a great Ravens defense. Yes there season is ruined now they started off at 0-3 but they had a tough schedule.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
Derek Anderson haters and people like you are both wrong. You're seem to be blaming it all on the other players while Anderson haters blame it all on him. Obviously Edwards has dropped way too many balls to count and the running game hasn't been there, but you're conveniently leaving out the fact that Derek Anderson has thrown twice, if not triple, as many uncatchable balls, or forcing them into recievers and getting them murdered by defenders.

Is Derek Anderson the sole problem? Nope. Will Brady Quinn fix everything for the Browns? Nope. If Quinn can just be slightly more accurate with his throws its going to change a lot though. Derek Anderson has never been accuate under 20 yards and every Browns fans knows it. It's not like we're seeing something new here it's just that teams have film now and know to eliminate the deep paterns and DA cannot beat you. They started solving that puzzle toward the end of last season too.
oh, dude don't worry, I could have told anyone Anderson wasn't going to be good this year...in fact, I ridiculed pretty much anyone drafting him as their starter for fantasy and really thought they should have traded Anderson when his stock was high...all I meant is that while Anderson has been bad yes, the rest of the offense has been equally bad and that simply putting Quinn in there won't all of a sudden make them an elite offense

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
that simply putting Quinn in there won't all of a sudden make them an elite offense
agree

and as bears fans. we know. unless your name is tom brady, peyton manning, or brett favre... plugging a qb into an offense won't make the offense that much better, unless its like putting alex smith in over tommy chang.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Elite, no. Better, yes. Like I said the rest of the offense has been bad, but your statement of them being equaly bad is wrong because Anderson has thrown far more inaccurate passes than Edwards or anyone has dropped, and more then any missed blocks on the Oline.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Elite, no. Better, yes. Like I said the rest of the offense has been bad, but your statement of them being equaly bad is wrong because Anderson has thrown far more inaccurate passes than Edwards or anyone has dropped, and more then any missed blocks on the Oline.
How can you say that if edwards isn't running solid routes (he isn't)...
Or the o-line is causing more improvisation on the part of DA (they are)...
or the o-line isn't letting the running game move to let DA pass (they aren't)...

Stallworth will provide goodness to the browns. No doubt.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the Browns stayed healthey for the first time in a while on offense, and that really helped them. Once they get healthy they will be a lot better.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is more to DA's fall from grace than just not playing well. First Cleveland has a much tougher schedule having already played Dallas and Pittsburgh, teams they were underdogs to. Then the offense has had its problems as well. Edwards, the All Pro WR has been dropping balls at an alarming rate and Lewis doesn't look like the same RB from last season. Age may finally be taking his toll.
Should Jacksonville get rid of Garrard and quite on the season because it got off to a bad start and Garrard hasn't been playing well?
Our OL is banged up a bit as well.
Crennel is very reluctant to put all the blame on DA for the team's troubles, our defense was one of the worst in the NFL last year and still has no impact players who can dominate a game on a consistent basis. That means the offense must carry the team completely in order to win a game and when you start off with Dallas and Pittsburgh and have a weak defense, the pressure on the offense is huge and with the drop off in Edwards and Lewis's play that pressure on DA is magnified immensely.
DA is not a Pro Bowl QB but he has a great arm and if Edwards could hold on to a pass, we might easily be 3-0 instead of 0-3. Lewis as I mentioned isn't playing well either.
HC's who rush to judgment on their QB's can easily wreck a season and the confidence of the team never mind the player himself. Quinn has proved nothing in Cleveland and saying he will be a good NFL QB is nothing but wishful thinking at this point. Crennel has shown that when a QB cannot get the job done, he'll switch without any problem yet he is currently reluctant to turn the job over to Quinn. Cleveland has lots of problems throughout its team and Crennel may still believe in DA after what he accomplished last season(10 wins). He isn't going to dump DA until he is sure DA is the problem and not the injuries to the OL, the poor play of Edwards and the decline of Lewis. This is a team with immense upside given the ages of its stars with the best years still ahead of them and a wrong decision at this point could set this young team backward.
Of course the fans who had a taste of victories last year after a long run at the bottom are in a rush for success and the pressure is mounting on Crennel to give Quinn a shot (home team fans often think the 2nd string player is better but reality often proves them completely wrong). If Crennel cannot deliver a victory soon, no doubt the team will reluctantly switch to Quinn, but anybody who thinks that will automatically fix all the team's problems will be in for a shock. Cleveland has a much tougher schedule than last year and after its poor start, the younger players are confused. Cleveland wasn't going to win 10 games even if they managed a split with their 2 tough opponents. They still have systemic problems and are far from a finished product both on offense and particularly on defense. They are at least 2 drafts away from building their defense and finding the impact players that all good teams have.
Hopefully Quinn comes through or DA returns to form otherwise the future may simply not be as bright as Cleveland fans might think.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 10 game streak of obscenely overachieving football last year and a tough schedule this year is making the Browns look really bad. But they're just ok.

When it comes right down to it I'd have to say, no - wait - I'll steal the words from someone else - "They are who we thought they were!"

Quote:
And I was the only Browns fan who had posted in the thread. That makes it more than a very good possibility he's talking to me since no one else said anything in here, and he never mentioned anyone else specifically.
"You talking to me? I don't see any[other Browns fans] here. You must be talking to me."

Everything about this thread just screams legendary. lmao.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Their not going to make the playoffs this year so they should figure out what they have with Quinn. If they dont they'll be again in limbo next off-season, knowing they have something decent with Anderson but no idea if Quinn is better or not.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is epic.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote