Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is a publicity stunt by the Rams, the city of St. Louis loves Trent Green because he is a STL native and went to one of the biggest HS in the area

actually probably not but I like acting naive to disguise how bad the team i love really is

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he gets a concussion=OH JEEZE!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Iknow that oline has been terrible for a while but Bulger at this point reminds me of were Kurt Warner was before coming to the Gmen. Just beaten to a pulp and he wakes up everyday knowing it's going to get worse as he gets hit more and more.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
so i guess its Bulger's fault that no one blocks for him?

I guess Trent Green and his Michael Vick like scrambling ability will help fix the problems?

Scott Linehan is such a terrible HC. And not just that, bc its not all his fault, but this is a terrible team. The only benefit I see from this is that it prevents Bulger from turning into David Carr long term by getting hit over and over again.

Its almost like theyre throwing in the towel, and saving Bulger's life to fight another season after they fix that oline.
trust me when i say this, but Bulger is useless now. He is afraid of getting hit now, he no longer steps up in the pocket on his throws anymore fearing of getting hit. I don't think he has it mentally to play football anymore.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
trust me when i say this, but Bulger is useless now. He is afraid of getting hit now, he no longer steps up in the pocket on his throws anymore fearing of getting hit. I don't think he has it mentally to play football anymore.
Which are all symptoms of Kurt Warner Syndrome induced by heavy abuse of MikeMartzPlayCalling.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing a fresh start won't fix.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:02 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Which are all symptoms of Kurt Warner Syndrome induced by heavy abuse of MikeMartzPlayCalling.
Bingo. He's been
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Bingo. He's been

sweet avatar

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfrillman View Post
That is exactly what it is. Linehan is just trying to save his ass anyway he can. He already threw Bulger under the bus before the last game by saying they need better, more consistent play from the QB position. Yeah, like it's only his fault they are losing. I guess the nonexistent O-line, 1 WR deep depth chart, zero pass rush D-line, horrendous angle taking, god awful coverage, and laughably bad tackling aren't a problem. Those last three are you Corey Chavous, you scrub SOB.
This was my initial reaction, CYA move by Linehan. Then I remembered how bad this team is and thought maybe he was just trying to protect Bulger. Then I realized Linehan wouldn't be around to use him again next year anyway, so what's he protecting him for . . . ???

Then I realized the Rams stink and will be insignificant all year, so I grabbed a beer an played some Madden since I felt that was a better use of my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I think you mean "when."
lol. Thinking exactly the same thing. This will amount to a one game move, maybe less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoldin View Post
Can this team be a more dysfunctional bunch then the Raiders or Lions? Seems like they are moving up the boards pretty fast.
Matt Millen is gone - guess we have to bump the Rams up that list now.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
don't be a *****.
I was joking about no longer being a Rams fan, but c'mon, we have fallen off so badly. We are like the Raiders of the NFC without the old ass owner, well our owner actually died over the offseason (RIP Georgia), but it is really bad right now, I mean what kinda move is this? Replacing a QB many believed was once a top 10 QB with a guy who I'm suprised hasn't gotten a concussion yet. Oh wait a minute he practices our defense never mind, our defense couldn't hurt a fly. This is why Linehan has to go: in no phases of the game have we looked like an NFL team. I'm suprised we haven't given up a special teams TD yet, oh god I just gave the team another way to suck. We are just bad.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

interesting fact...Bulger has a better passer rating as of now than Peyton Manning

not relevant but kind of a wierd fact

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Fogartynyy2789
Veteran

Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Fogartynyy2789 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So is St. Louis pumped up for Blues season yet?

Penn State basketball wins this decade- 0.
Fogartynyy2789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogartynyy2789 View Post
So is St. Louis pumped up for Blues season yet?
Nope...just Spring Training

Old 09-24-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't think about this before, but it's really a pathetic move on the Rams management's part to put a guy who could be seriously, permanently injured by another concussion behind an O-line that has completely fallen apart.

Morally it's pretty unjustifiable. They seriously don't have a young QB they could develop? Sign one! Trade for one! Don't make me watch Trent Green try to figure out the difference between a pencil and an apple in ten years.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Didn't think about this before, but it's really a pathetic move on the Rams management's part to put a guy who could be seriously, permanently injured by another concussion behind an O-line that has completely fallen apart.

Morally it's pretty unjustifiable. They seriously don't have a young QB they could develop? Sign one! Trade for one! Don't make me watch Trent Green try to figure out the difference between a pencil and an apple in ten years.
They have Brock Berlin......
Old 09-24-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=CC.SD;1228674]Didn't think about this before, but it's really a pathetic move on the Rams management's part to put a guy who could be seriously, permanently injured by another concussion behind an O-line that has completely fallen apart.

That's rediculous, why not just pay the guy to stay home. You want to put the uniform on there is a distinct chance you might actually have to play.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Trent Green is a big boy, he can make his own decision about whether or not to play.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:16 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scott Linehan is probably going to every Hy-Vee trying to find the next Kurt Warner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Last edited by jballa838 : 09-24-2008 at 11:20 PM.
jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

I live in St.Louis and even tho my teams are the Bengals and the Texans I think this is fantastic. I know it sucks for this team now, but I think this is the answer to whats in store for this franchise in the future.

If you have watched the Rams these past few weeks you would have seen that Bulger has lost his touch and footwork. His mechanics have suffered greatly because of the onslaught of pass rushers and it has effected his play to the point of actually being a problem. But, in the Seattle game he wasn't rushed but only a few times and nothing that isn't typical for a NFL game. He was sacked once and he was rushed only a hand full of times, but because of the past 2 games his mechanics were horrid. His accuracy was off, he was sailing the ball instead of throwing it, it was looking like he was aiming the ball instead of just slinging it, and his decision making had become suspect.

Trust me, Trent Green is in no way the future of the St.Louis Rams, he is nothing but a stop gap to help Bulger get his mind right and settle himself down. What I do think is going on is this might be a sign of whats to come in St.Louis. Alex Barron's contract is up after this season and even though he has had multiple penalty problems, he is the leader of fals start penalties in the NFL, I think the Rams will resign him. Barron has the potential to be a franchise LT, he played it last year at a very high level and showed that he has what it takes to be the guy. That means if a high profile, ultra talented QB is at the top of the draft and there for the Rams to pick then I believe they pull the trigger and draft him.

The Rams have passed on, get this, Matt Ryan in last years draft and Jay Cutler in the 2006 NFL Draft. I think they have made 2 major blunders by passing on both of them. Bulger is not the future of this team. He was a compliment QB. A QB that can only play at a high level if given the right amount of time and weapons to succeed. He is not a Carson Palmer, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Ben Rothlisberger, Jay Cutler, etc. He is a compliment player who is in the same boat as Kurt Warner, Matt Hasselbach, Chad Pennington and Jake Delhomme. He can't pick up a team and carry them when they are going through rough times.

I have to believe that the Rams, especially with the obvious change of guard at the end of the season will make a huge change in the personal department as well. Bulger, along with other popular Rams players, such as Loenard Little, Orlando Pace and Pisa Tinosomoa will all be released or traded in the offseason. This team must get younger and who ever they bring in will want to build this team from the ground up and there is no better place to start then to bring in a young, talented gunslinging quarterback like Matt Stafford. He brings the presence and hype of a high first round QB draft pick along with being the new face ot the franchise which this team so desperately needs.

The Rams are going to be blown up at the end of the year, and there is no better place to start the rebuilding process then by bringing in a young stud at the QB position, and it starts with this benching of Bulger this week.

I thought the passing on Haloti Ngata in 2006 and the passing on Darrelle Revis in 2007 and the passing on Glenn Dorsey would haunt this team the most, but I was wrong. The passing on QB's Jay Cutler and Matt Ryan has done huge damage to this squad. This team is old and faceless, and has no where to go but down. Only a new franchise type player like Stafford could give this team hope right now, and I believe that the Rams are defintly leading the pack in the race for the Stafford Bowl.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^
They'll likely pass on a QB again this year.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
^
They'll likely pass on a QB again this year.
They absolutely should not. They have to take the plunge and take a QB with a likely top 5 pick. They'd be crazy not too. And Stafford is the guy. He would be perfect for the Rams. He has a receiver with excellent hands to give him confidence and a top 5 RB to go along with a rebuilding offensive line that has very good cornerstones in Barron, Bell and Incognito. And if Greco can come about and develope as a starter then the ORT spot can be occupied by him.

Personally if I was running the team and making decisions I would dangle Bulger, Little and Pace out for the highest bidder right before or during the NFL Draft to try and get the best value for one of them. Hopefully I could get a 2nd for Pace, a 3rd or 4th for Bulger and a 4th or 5th for Little. With those extra picks, I would build the engine of the machine. All Offensive lineman, seriously. I would take the best available center for Steven Jackson, one that can create the holes and lanes for Jackson to chew up yards and support the play action play calling. With this type of offensive play calling I could give Matt Stafford a base to gain his confidence and develope without having to do too much in his frist souple of years.

For the defense, I would resign my top young players. Any player that is 30+ would be let go or not resigned. I would build around Witherspoon and Carriker. Chris Long is a major bust so I would have to suck it up with him and just try to make the best of it. I would most certainly move him to the LE spot so he would go against the lesser of the 2 tackles the RT. I would then, if he would develope a little, maybe even try trading him to a 3-4 defense, but with his salary and cap hit that would almost be impossible. God, was that an aweful pick. Anyway, I would look for a young defensive FA. I would be first in line to sign Terrell Suggs. He would be 26 years old and I would sign him to a 5 year deal worth around $50 million and make him my center piece on the D-Line. With my original 2nd rounder I would take the best available safety. Maybe Myron Rolle, Taylor Mays, etc. A big centerfielder who can be brought up to fill hard against the run. In the 3rd I would look for the best and most talented small school product. A talented player that would have to develope before making an imapact. A Brian Westbrook, Justin Durant, Nick Collins, etc. Someone with a ton of potential and someone, regardless of position, who has the athletic ability to be great, but needs to be developed.

This team has a few pieces, but not enough, and certainly not any real cornerstones. They are short a franchise DE, LB, WR, CB and of coarse a QB. The 2009 NFL Draft has to be the year the Rams rebuild and start over from square one. At least then, fans can see that this team has a plan. INstead of now, when we just see......well.......this.

Last edited by MarioPalmer : 09-25-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

Stafford sounds like a great idea, except for the fact that most high draft pick QBs who get rushed onto the field with a JV offensive line end up developing Kurt Warner syndrome with or without Mike Martz as their OC, see Carr, David.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
sweet avatar
I like the rolls more.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:14 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're better of fixing that offensive line and drafting some more linebacker talent Will Witherspoon can't do it all.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Trent Green is a big boy, he can make his own decision about whether or not to play.
Yeah but from a health standpoint I seriously disagree with him still being out there, that's all. Players will always play through concussions because they don't take them seriously. They are definitely serious business and Trent Green is risking screwing his head up for the rest of his life. Especially since he's playing with no blocking on a hopeless team...why Trent, why?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Stafford sounds like a great idea, except for the fact that most high draft pick QBs who get rushed onto the field with a JV offensive line end up developing Kurt Warner syndrome with or without Mike Martz as their OC, see Carr, David.

I like the rolls more.

I agree, thats why if you can't find a suiter for Bulger in the draft keep him and let him get killed the first year, don't have to rush Stafford into the NFL then and he can develope in Al Saunders complex offense for a year before being the starter. If I was running them thats how I would mold them.

Draft Stafford cause the odds of being at the top of the draft for Mark Sanchez in 2010 is slim to nill. So go after your future now and build from there. Like I said earlier the Rams already have Alex Barron, Jacob Bell and Richie Icognito. Also John Greco might develope into a starter and you could draft the best available lineman in the 2nd round of the 2009 Draft and in 2010 bank on taking the best OT available. That is your engine for the offense. After that build the defense from the ground up.

I mean hardcore. Best available defensive player in the 1rst after 2010, best available defensive player in the 2nd and after that all LB's and CB's. Forget about high profile picks such as receivers and backs. You have Steven Jackson and for the first few Stafford years you base the offense off of Jackson and play action and tough defense that has an identity.

That would be my 4 year plan. I think every team that is either rebuilding or about to rebuild needs around 4 years to be ready to contend for a serious run at the championship. If the Rams can stay on that plan and not get side tracked with dumb moves or flashy signings then they can be alright. The Rams need to get back to basics in the front office and personall dept. Draft QB, OT, MLB and safety. In consecutive years just like that. No receivers, no TE's, no CB's, no DL (unless a Mario should appear in the next few years), and no RB's. All basics.