Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 03-02-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
boppool
Rookie

boppool hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Thumbs up Bly to Denver for Foster, Bell and 5th rounder

I like this trade A LOT!!!!!
Especially, we didn't have to give up 3rd rounder. I think Bly and Champ will be one of the best CB tendoms in NFL.
Awesome!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:07 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Word is also we get a pick from detriot as well. been reported from anything from a 4th rounder to a 6th rounder. won't know for sure till the trade becomes official.

As far as the deal goes.

We gave them, Nothing < foster >, Fumbles, plus baggage with the whole DW thing, a change of scenery for Bell probably was best. And giving up a 5th round pick, for Dre Bly, who is 30 this year, but from what i've seen from him he can still play. The only thing that worries me is that we're going to have to play against bell this year when we play the lions, and I can see him going for 250 w/ 4 TD's that day. lol
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The teams ended up swapping picks - Denver's 5th for Detroit's 6th. At least we didn't lose a pick (which I wasn't keen on).

Bly is a pretty decent CB, but it will be a challenge for him. I hope he's prepared to get picked on. I expect he'll get burned a bit (a lot?), especially off gambles, but he'll also produce some nice INTs.

Anyway, I'm pleased with the result. We get a starter and dump two underachievers who were clearly expendable. Also, I don't think I'll see another mock draft that has Denver taking a CB at 21... that alone will save me a few gray hairs... ;)
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Isn't Bly a punt returner as well?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
Isn't Bly a punt returner as well?
a half *ss one at best he carries the ball in one hand lol
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You guys got a great deal out of this.

Bly had a down year last year, but he was playing his 1st year in the cover 2, which isn't a system designed for players like him. Before that his past 2 years have been stellar. And hopefully Bell will find a place here in Detroit and become a threat that this team needs.