Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lawlz Factory: Jamar Nesbit Suspended

Quote:
NFL Announces G Jamar Nesbit Suspended 4 Games

by Doug Miller, NewOrleansSaints.com
Tuesday, September 23, 2008 - 2:45 PM

Jamar Nesbit of the New Orleans Saints has been suspended without pay for the team’s next four games for violating the NFL Policy on Anabolic Steroids and Related Substances.

Nesbit’s suspension begins immediately. He is eligible to return to the Saints’ active roster on Monday, October 20 following the team’s October 19 game against the Carolina Panthers.

“We are disappointed in the suspension of Jamar,” said Saints Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis. “We will support Jamar through this process and look forward to having him rejoin the team soon.”
I laugh because of the strand of bad luck the Saints have dealt with thus far early in the season. But, this could be a blessing in disguise - many people feel that Nesbit is the weakest link on the offensive line (particularly in the running game) and gives Carl Nicks to step up to the plate.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will now see what Carl Nicks can do.

And what else will go wrong with the Saints?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I just need to slip some roids into Stinchcomb's drink, and my plan will be complete.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh...try losing both of your guards for the season in a span of about twenty minutes.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks for the Saints, that team is cursed or something, they should find a witchdoctor to remove a curse from their team and see how that goes.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
many people feel that Nesbit is the weakest link on the offensive line (particularly in the running game) and gives Carl Nicks to step up to the plate.
They should put some spare ribs on that plate to make sure Nicks finds it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just excited to see how Nicks can do, he's really talented. He will probably keep the job too. Now we need to replace Goodwin and Stinchcomb.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Nicks will be the Saints best lineman by season's end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I hope you are right my man. I'd like for him to replace Stinch, because drafting a great guard will be easier than drafting a tackle, unless we are high in the draft.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I hope you are right my man. I'd like for him to replace Stinch, because drafting a great guard will be easier than drafting a tackle, unless we are high in the draft.
I don't know about that this draft may be deeper at OL than last years.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, Nesbit got suspended for steroids? He's terrible! How could he actually get busted for steroids when he's a ****** as he is?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I don't know about that this draft may be deeper at OL than last years.
That's true, I'm really liking Duke Robinson right now though.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for all we know Nicks can be a 36 year old rookie, how much of an upgrade is that, lol.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I'm just excited to see how Nicks can do, he's really talented. He will probably keep the job too. Now we need to replace Goodwin and Stinchcomb.
Goodwin isn't great, but he's serviceable. Stinchcomb is an entirely different story, though.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 09-24-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Meh, I thought Goodwin was the answer last year, but I don't really like what I've seen so far this year...
Old 09-24-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Goodwin isn't great, but he's serviceable. Stinchcomb is an entirely different story, though.
My thoughts exactly. I wanted Jammal Brown to replace Stinchcomb and have Zach Strief replace Brown last year. I still don't think that idea is terrible.

I want Strief to be a starter. He has more than held his own in every game he's played and I'd love to see him on the left side, although I think he'd be a hell of a right tackle as well.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-24-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as the Saints don't play Deuce this week ill be happy :)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:26 AM    (permalink
bigG
Rookie

bigG hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My boy Bushrod may have a chance to get some playing time now. He is at left tackle but he is probably the most athletic lineman they have.
bigG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:06 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigG View Post
My boy Bushrod may have a chance to get some playing time now. He is at left tackle but he is probably the most athletic lineman they have.
I have been wondering what we're doing with Bushrod. I wonder if he could step up and play RT.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-24-2008, 04:11 AM    (permalink
bigG
Rookie

bigG hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They have him backing up Jamal Brown at LT. He normaly doesnt dress because they only suit up 6 lineman. He has put on alot of weight and is around 325+ now. He looked really good in the preseason so we will see.
bigG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints fans, whats the word on Jahri Evans? He is a kid who went to school near where I am and just wanted to know what is up with him. I remember his rookie year he started and was getting a lot of praise. He was once considered a major steal, has he faded, or is it one of those situations where too much was expected? Is he about what youd guys expected? I really liked this kid coming out and thought he could be a great OG in the NFL. I was glad he went to you guys, because he has the perfect opportunity to succeed down there as your RG.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Saints fans, whats the word on Jahri Evans? He is a kid who went to school near where I am and just wanted to know what is up with him. I remember his rookie year he started and was getting a lot of praise. He was once considered a major steal, has he faded, or is it one of those situations where too much was expected? Is he about what youd guys expected? I really liked this kid coming out and thought he could be a great OG in the NFL. I was glad he went to you guys, because he has the perfect opportunity to succeed down there as your RG.
One of the best young guards in the game and easily our best lineman. He's THAT good.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
J-Shock
Rookie

J-Shock hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Insert Nicks. BTW gotta love his tatoo.

J-Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Yeah, Jahri is most likely a pro bowler.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Even during the Broncos game, the announcer mentioned that Payton referred to Evans as the Saints best Lineman. And we should see the running game improve with Nicks starting.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote