Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-24-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously? This is huge! I think pretty much all football fans are happy. He was a disgrace to... well, everything.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, well put Staubach.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I think Millen would be a good Linebackers coach..
Kinda like how Rod Marinara is a good D-Line coach? Let's keep 11 linebackers too.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
IceKubes
Rookie

IceKubes hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Hm...funny, because I'd say his defining moment was drafting Mario Williams over Reggie Bush, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
And Matt Millen also drafted Ernie Sims and Calvin Johnson, even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then. I will admit the 2006 draft was a good one but he was already a lame duck GM at that point. I guess spending a 2nd rounder in the supplemental draft on Tony Hollings, trading a two and a three for Philip Buchanon (who stunk it up in Oakland and Houston but is doing well now, ugh) and countless other picks/moves in the draft and free agency that I won't further pollute this thread with is easy for some people to forget but not anyone that followed the team closely. He and Capers set the franchise back years and we still have not recovered from it.

Having said that I really hope Detroit can find a diamond because I have a real soft spot for teams that have historically suffered.
IceKubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
Seriously? This is huge! I think pretty much all football fans are happy. He was a disgrace to... well, everything.
I object to that

signed,

Carl Peterson
Old 09-24-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
zCaddyz
Rookie

zCaddyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

good maybe the lions will clean house and the bucs can make a move for roy williams.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Thus making him unable to buy the Cubs...awesome.
"Word on the street is that Thomas Ricketts and the Ricketts family are the winning bidders for the Chicago Cubs, Wrigley Field, and a 25 percent stake in ComcastSports Chicago. Thomas Ricketts is the chief executive of Chicago investment bank Incapital LLC and son Joe Ricketts, the founder of TD Ameritrade Holding Corp."

Which is bogus, IMO.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you people are delusional if you think this change will mean the Lions will ever become a winning organization.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only win of the Lions season thus far ...
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, so I suck at MS Paint, but I think Lions fans get the message.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Last edited by CJSchneider : 09-24-2008 at 07:31 PM.
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post

You're not SuperKevin... but you get the point across

Old 09-24-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]

So he's the wicked witch of the west? Lions and Tigers and Bears! Oh my!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

does this turn anyone on?

I RAISE YOUR CRAPPY MSPAINTINGSKILLS BY +1

Old 09-24-2008, 05:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol, those seriously are the two worst Paint jobs I've ever seen, in consecutive order no less. Not hating guys; I actually respect you more now.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
lol, those seriously are the two worst Paint jobs I've ever seen, in consecutive order no less. Not hating guys; I actually respect you more now.
You try running photoshop on a computer across the atlantic.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Next up: Al Davis
Old 09-24-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
You try running photoshop on a computer across the atlantic.
No thanks, my arms aren't long enough.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About 5 years too late imo

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
"Word on the street is that Thomas Ricketts and the Ricketts family are the winning bidders for the Chicago Cubs, Wrigley Field, and a 25 percent stake in ComcastSports Chicago. Thomas Ricketts is the chief executive of Chicago investment bank Incapital LLC and son Joe Ricketts, the founder of TD Ameritrade Holding Corp."

Which is bogus, IMO.
WOOHOO! NOT CUBAN! Now Cub fans can know how it feels to be denied a great owner by Selig. I despise the man for not letting Eddie DeBartolo buy the White Sox. Some (all) of you may remember DeBartolo as the man who put together the great run of success the San Francisco 49ers had.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Last edited by Dam8610 : 09-24-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
WOOHOO! NOT CUBAN! Now Cub fans can know how it feels to be denied a great owner by Selig. I despise the man for not letting Eddie DeBartolo buy the White Sox. Some (all) of you may remember DeBartolo as the man who put together the great run of success the San Francisco 49ers had.
That's funny, the man I remember putting together that great run of success was named Joe Montana. Er, I mean Bill Walsh. I mean...alright, you can have DeBartolo. :D
Old 09-24-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Greatest day ever.

Dont even care who the next GM at this point. As long as its not Millen.

And as for Bearsfan. Lions are 6-8 against the Bears under Millen compared to 2-12 against the Vikings and Packers for the Millen led Lions. Thats actually pretty sad for the Bears. Bears were just as horrible from the late 90s-2004(sans 2001) as the Lions so don't forget and managed to get swept last year somehow with Griese. Lions have a chance to be respectable again. They were respectable before Millen even after Barry left(playoffs and then a 9-7 team in 2000). Just a great day.

Millen should also be forced back to the both on Fox and be the color commentary once the Lions become respectable again(which can finally happen once we fix the mess Millen has made)
Yeah, that one year you were 9-7? Totally respectable. *rolls eyes*

I'm not really sure where you are coming from in quoting me anyway, since my whole point was that William Clay Ford and the Lions organization clearly has no ******* idea what they are doing. They must hire someone else to do this process again, if they don't they are just going to hire another unqualified person. There's a reason the Lions haven't won **** in over 50 years, and it starts at the top. Millen is just another scapegoat for that the main problem is.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
Next up: Al Davis

I'm ready when it happens.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Last edited by CJSchneider : 09-24-2008 at 08:27 PM.
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fail image fails.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 07:58 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I speak for all Lions fans, and most NFL fans when I say:

Nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think you people are delusional if you think this change will mean the Lions will ever become a winning organization.
way to jump the gun on this one D-Unit. Once word of who is the next CEO/Pres/GM is I may agree with you, but declaring the Lions will forever be losers even though they went straight to the top and cut off the biggest SEEN problem. They may or may not have problems in their interior, but he's the one calling the majority of the shots. The Ford Family who owns the team really does not say, "Wow, he's fast. Lets draft him." Their horrid front office work comes from the front office as it should. Millen's job was to look over the front office, and make the final decision. someone else with that role may or may not be able to right the ship.
The Lions drafts have been as horrible as any team. And ones that don't draft well have to do well in free agency and trading (Redskins), but those who don't are destined for failure. Who have the Lions actually drafted as of late that has been of value? Calvin Johnson and Roy Williams, two "You are an idiot if you don't pick these guys" picks. Thats it. Kevin Jones, Charles Rodgers, Joey Harrington, all are busts, and not the ones in the hall of fame.
So I ask you, how can they not get better than where they are now? What's stopping them from a super bowl in 6 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote