Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pacman Jones bites Police officer, faces felony charges

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=54925

Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper reports that Titans cornerback Rain Man Jones bit a police officer as part of the incident that resulted in felony obstruction charges being filed against him in early 2006.

"Adam Jones would not hold his hands together so the officer could put handcuffs on him to arrest him, and a fight ensued," said a representative of the district attorney's office in Fayette County, Georgia. "That's when he bit the officer on the thumb."

The bite caused the crime to increase from a misdemeanor to a felony.

McCormick also reports that Jones did not disclose the arrest to the team. As we explained on Thursday, failure to report an arrest is in and of itself a violation of the Personal Conduct Policy.

McCormick also reports that Jones' mother pleaded guilty to marijuana possession in a March 2006 incident at Jones' home in Fairburn, Georgia. Somehow, charges against Jones were dropped.

"There was marijuana all over the basement, and it was his house," said Mike Pruitt of the Fayette County Drug Task Force. "Under constructive possession, that should have been enough for a jury to decide this case."

Does anyone out there think that Jones will ever play pro football again? We sure don't.

Seperate incident from the strip club altercation....

I think Pacman is done in the NFL to be honest with you
Old 03-02-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

your link is bad.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
snazel
Rookie

snazel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I couldn't help but giggle...
snazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The boy done lost his mind.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahqahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

whats the bid deal? he was hungery and left all his singles back at the strip club.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

link:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=54925
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

gettin a little bit tired of hearing about these kind of stories....
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:23 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am i supposed to be surprised?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just kick him out of the league already. I am tired about hearing about this joke of a human being.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Just kick him out of the league already. I am tired about hearing about this joke of a human being.
if thats really how you look at the world, you are a joke of a human being
Old 03-02-2007, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Seriously, why is it so hard for these athletes to just play ball ?
Why on earth do they feel it neccesary to go to strip clubs in the first place ?
You mean to tell me that a young millionaire has to pay for it to see it ??? wow, how sad.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
if thats really how you look at the world, you are a joke of a human being
Wait, what?

Last edited by Shiver : 03-02-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:33 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

not everyone is content living their life they way you live yours or think they should live theirs. Who are you to be judging these guys who you dont even know and calling them things like "a joke of a human being"? Im not here to back up Pac-man and say that he hasn't done anything wrong but Im also not gonna sit here and cast down judgment on him and pretend to be any better of a man than him and I dont like to sit here and listen to you guys do it.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:40 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

He is getting Millions of dollars to play football for a living. It's what all of us fantasize about. Yet he is flushing it all down the drain due to his stupidity. I feel no remorse for him. Some people, unfortunately, screw up their lives. It's sad, but it's the reality of the situation. In this case he has had more of an opportunity than most people will even come close to having. Yet he's on the verge of blowing it. He has gotten more chances than any of us would receive due to his status. According to the Tennessean, he's been involved in ten off the field altercations. That is unfathomable to me, yet he keeps getting 'another shot' to straighten up and fly right. Enough is enough. Why should I sympathize with this guy? If he cannot behave like a decent member of society, he shouldn't be playing football. I believe prisons are designed for this kind of symptomatic, flagrant, unacceptable behavioral issues.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-02-2007 at 03:46 AM.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:57 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

not saying you need to have compassion for him, but dont sit there and judge him from your ivory tower.

and all I can say is lol at you saying he belongs in prison b/c he gets in some altercations at clubs which he wasn't even the one really being violent in and gets caught with marijuana. And Ill leave the decision of whether or not he should have the privledge of playing football to his employer. Its just crazy how you dont even believe in making an attempt to understand people. Just round em up and throw em in prison, right?

If it was me in the NFL I'd be flying straight and make sacrifices. But thats me. Jones is a different person with different values, different friends, different family, different background. It took him a lot of hard-work and dedication to become the football player he is, no one gave him the opportunity to be an NFL player. He earned that. Its his life and hes obviously making some mistakes but Im not gonna sit here and judge him and say whether he should be cut. The Titans actually know this young man and will make an informed decision. If Pac-Man has got his employer fed up with behavior to the point he isnt playing anymore, thats the hole he dug himself. But once again, regardless of how these things turn out, Im not gonna sit here and judge him.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:17 AM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie

RedAttack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, I'm perfectly content to sit in my ivory tower and call him an idiot.

You can't seriously say that you can't judge people and their actions because EVERYONE does it. That is part of human nature and human psychology.

Adam Jones puts himself in these postions and deserves everything coming to him. What a moron to blow a oppourtunity like pro football.

Last edited by RedAttack : 03-02-2007 at 04:21 AM.
RedAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:05 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a friggin criminal, lock his ass up and throw away the key, he obviously is nothing but trouble.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't you think people are a bit too quick to judge? It's no lie that a guy involved in 10 off the field things has some issues, but let's remember Michael Vick and his water bottle. People bashed him for it, and he got caught with a stigma, but it was found out to be nothing. Wait for a conviction, then kick him out.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

If he wasnt such a druggie think how good he could have been?

Also its crazy how athletes can do drugs, get tested and still not show up positive, tells you the system is flawed.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol pacman jones is a jerk and a waste i hope he gets thrown out of the NFL.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

PacMan Jones getting in trouble isn't even news anymore. He's a complete idiot and let's just leave it at that.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ******* idiot.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
not saying you need to have compassion for him, but dont sit there and judge him from your ivory tower.

and all I can say is lol at you saying he belongs in prison b/c he gets in some altercations at clubs which he wasn't even the one really being violent in and gets caught with marijuana. And Ill leave the decision of whether or not he should have the privledge of playing football to his employer. Its just crazy how you dont even believe in making an attempt to understand people. Just round em up and throw em in prison, right?

If it was me in the NFL I'd be flying straight and make sacrifices. But thats me. Jones is a different person with different values, different friends, different family, different background. It took him a lot of hard-work and dedication to become the football player he is, no one gave him the opportunity to be an NFL player. He earned that. Its his life and hes obviously making some mistakes but Im not gonna sit here and judge him and say whether he should be cut. The Titans actually know this young man and will make an informed decision. If Pac-Man has got his employer fed up with behavior to the point he isnt playing anymore, thats the hole he dug himself. But once again, regardless of how these things turn out, Im not gonna sit here and judge him.
That is totally absurd. Why even have laws if you can't judge anyone? There is no question as to the things he's done being against the law. As for his personal situation, if he was raised in this country he should understand that it's wrong to bite a friggin police officer. I get what you're saying, I know you're trying to be open minded, but the point is we have a legal system for a reason. Some stuff you can't do. Why is this guy and idiot for breaking the law? Because he could have everything he wants without breaking the law. He makes millions upon millions of dollars. What you're saying is like saying child molesters deserve our sympathy because they were abused as children. That's bullsh*t. You still have a choice.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for him to go to prison. And time for the Titans to draft a CB in the first round.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

The kid has no right being in society. None.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote