Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
*Yamon Figurs-Remember the name
Funny how that's in your signature after he runs a 4.3 at the combine.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
It was there long before the combine buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Am I the only one who sees the irony of a guy named Pacman biting someone?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:55 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who bights a police officer? Thats so stupid, does he think he has any chance of not getting caught. I idiot.

The guy should go to jail and the league should suspend him as well. If I were the Titans I wouldn't release him, I'd suspend him for a while and tell him if he gets in any kind of trouble again he's gone.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChampIsHere View Post
not saying you need to have compassion for him, but dont sit there and judge him from your ivory tower.

and all I can say is lol at you saying he belongs in prison b/c he gets in some altercations at clubs which he wasn't even the one really being violent in and gets caught with marijuana. And Ill leave the decision of whether or not he should have the privledge of playing football to his employer. Its just crazy how you dont even believe in making an attempt to understand people. Just round em up and throw em in prison, right?

If it was me in the NFL I'd be flying straight and make sacrifices. But thats me. Jones is a different person with different values, different friends, different family, different background. It took him a lot of hard-work and dedication to become the football player he is, no one gave him the opportunity to be an NFL player. He earned that. Its his life and hes obviously making some mistakes but Im not gonna sit here and judge him and say whether he should be cut. The Titans actually know this young man and will make an informed decision. If Pac-Man has got his employer fed up with behavior to the point he isnt playing anymore, thats the hole he dug himself. But once again, regardless of how these things turn out, Im not gonna sit here and judge him.
amen brother

Most of the things Pacman has done have beeen very minor or just being at the wrong place at the wrong time(except for the strip club). I do agree he is an idiot and hangs out with a bunch of thugs and at some point he is got to learn. whether it be getting kicked off the team, out of the league, or thrown in jail. He just needs to get some new friends and to focus on football and he would be alright, but I dont think hes going to learn until its to late and that time may have come, or is quickly approaching

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Am I the only one who sees the irony of a guy named Pacman biting someone?
hahhahaahhahaha :D
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm the biggest advocate of not expecting other people to live their lives according to my morals, simply because, for the most part, I really don't care what other people do in their own time, as long as they aren't endangering other people. If Pacman wants to smoke weed, cool with me. If he wants to go to strip clubs, cool with me. What's not cool, is that he is now allegedly involved in a shooting that left somebody paralyzed and has assaulted a police officer.

Anybody else notice that Pacman seems to be try to live the life that rappers only talk about?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I'm the biggest advocate of not expecting other people to live their lives according to my morals, simply because, for the most part, I really don't care what other people do in their own time, as long as they aren't endangering other people. If Pacman wants to smoke weed, cool with me. If he wants to go to strip clubs, cool with me. What's not cool, is that he is now allegedly involved in a shooting that left somebody paralyzed and has assaulted a police officer.

Anybody else notice that Pacman seems to be try to live the life that rappers only talk about?
This is what happens, when keeping it real, goes wrong.

Hitman D

Old 03-02-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is what happens, when keeping it real, goes wrong.

Hahahahahahahahahaha I'd +rep you if I could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Too bad he didn't try to bite the cop that Steve Foley decided to tangle with.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not everyone is content living their life they way you live yours or think they should live theirs. Who are you to be judging these guys who you dont even know and calling them things like "a joke of a human being"? Im not here to back up Pac-man and say that he hasn't done anything wrong but Im also not gonna sit here and cast down judgment on him and pretend to be any better of a man than him and I dont like to sit here and listen to you guys do it.

So you judge him because he judged PacMan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He's had that for a while.

My response to this = Sig quote :)
Old 03-02-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Misdemeanors are jokes. If anyone in here has never broken the law, I doubt you've ever left your room. Hell, by the time I was 15 im sure I had broken random stupid laws like 300 times just by doing what kids do.

However, biting a cop is purely idiotic, and Pacman is not a kid. So whatever.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post
Misdemeanors are jokes. If anyone in here has never broken the law, I doubt you've ever left your room. Hell, by the time I was 15 im sure I had broken random stupid laws like 300 times just by doing what kids do.

There's a difference between "breaking a law," as a kid, and being a complete idiot.

Hitman D

Last edited by Boston : 03-02-2007 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

First off, it is ridiculous to go and compare Adam Jones to child molesters, serial killers etc. The reason is Pac-Man Jones' actions havent really hurt anyone but himself. Yes, he is screwed himself over, putting his NFL career in jeapordy, etc. But its one thing to judge a child molester who does horrible things like they do and another to cast judgement on a guy who likes to go out clubbing and smokes weed and sometimes gets in fights or is with people who get in fights. Hes not some kind of menace to society, all the trouble he gets in is very petty and like I said he only hurts himself.

And what do I mean Ivory Tower? I mean you sit there as if you yourself are perfect and act like you are a better person than Jones. Call him and idiot blah-blah-blah-blah-blah. How'd you like it if he was sitting there judging every one of us and how pathetic we are because we didnt have what it takes to make the NFL, we didnt have the dedication or work ethic to make it there. You better believe he made sacrifices to get where he did and if any of us put in half the work he did we'd be much more succesful people ourselves. And we've all got problems, so dont sit there and act like you're better than him, hes not some sick guy, hes got some problems of course, but theyre relatively minor and its just crazy for you to sit there and cast down judgements and say he doesnt deserve any of what he has, as if you really know what hes been through or know that he hasnt earned his opportunities.

And to the guy who said hes content to sit on his ivory tower, what gives you the right to do that? What makes you so damn good of a person that you can do that to other people? Are you without fault or something? Howd you like it if people who didnt even know you made sweeping judgements on you every time you made a mistake?

And to the guy calling him a drugee, what a joke of a comment. If you think someone who smokes a little weed is drugee, you are just completely clueless.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Most people are able to go through life without being arrested. It really isn't some sort of a major accomplishment. Pacman has to be a real idiot and if his teammates could speak truthfully about him, I bet most would just as soon see him go away. Same holds true for my Bengals. It may surprise some but there are actually good football players out there that don't get in trouble every week. Teams just have to start passing over the a--holes with questionable character and take the good person that plays good football.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First off, it is ridiculous to go and compare Adam Jones to child molesters, serial killers etc. The reason is Pac-Man Jones' actions havent really hurt anyone but himself. Yes, he is screwed himself over, putting his NFL career in jeapordy, etc. But its one thing to judge a child molester who does horrible things like they do and another to cast judgement on a guy who likes to go out clubbing and smokes weed and sometimes gets in fights or is with people who get in fights. Hes not some kind of menace to society, all the trouble he gets in is very petty and like I said he only hurts himself.
Except the cop he bit. Or the bouncer who is a paraplegic because he was shot by Jones' cronies. Yep, all the incidents he is in, he isn't hurting anybody..

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
There's a difference between "breaking a law," as a kid, and being a complete idiot.
Which is why I said "and Pacman is not a kid."

Thank you, Captain Selective Reader!
Old 03-02-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogstomp View Post

I do agree...A lot of the misdemeanors are jokes and ive broken the law god knows how many times being a dumb kid. Biting a cop is dumb though and I dont know if it is true but if he did, that was incredibly stupid. But lets not forget though that Pac-Man is only about 23. He might be a multi-millionare and a celebrity who has achieved incredible things already but he is still a young man who is going to make some mistakes as he finds his way through life.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Except the cop he bit. Or the bouncer who is a paraplegic because he was shot by Jones' cronies. Yep, all the incidents he is in, he isn't hurting anybody..
Pretty much. And i was saying not that he was comparable to a child molester, but that your statement was comparable to the hypothetical i proposed. Essentially, I'm saying you can't shift blame entirely on someone's cricumstances, they still have a choice, as did Jones, in each of the TEN cases.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
I do agree...A lot of the misdemeanors are jokes and ive broken the law god knows how many times being a dumb kid. Biting a cop is dumb though and I dont know if it is true but if he did, that was incredibly stupid. But lets not forget though that Pac-Man is only about 23. He might be a multi-millionare and a celebrity who has achieved incredible things already but he is still a young man who is going to make some mistakes as he finds his way through life.
If you're still pulling the immature crap he's pulling at 23, he should not have millions of dollars to help him to easily get into and out of these situations.

If he's really this immature, they should kick him out of the league and force him to take counselling, because he's getting even more screwed up with all this attention.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive View Post
Pretty much. And i was saying not that he was comparable to a child molester, but that your statement was comparable to the hypothetical i proposed. Essentially, I'm saying you can't shift blame entirely on someone's cricumstances, they still have a choice, as did Jones, in each of the TEN cases.

Bold and underlined for emphasis. This goes beyond the realm of youthful mistakes, into flagrant criminal behavior.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
what are you talking about, you dont know who the shooter was. You are just making assumptions. And he wasnt the one who was violent. So now Jones is accountable if any friend of his gets in a fight? From what I heard all he did was show up at the strip club with a lot of money and throw it around on stage and then other people got into the fight and if you know the environment at these clubs, you know this kind of stuff happens because everyone is drinking and everyone is real tough and maybe Pac-Man shouldnt have been there in the first place but thats his decision. But no I dont see how hes hurting anyone but himself.

Oh and the cop Jones bit in the finger....he really got hurt. You must be joking. I dont even know if this report is true or not yet but even if it is, the report says that the cop was fine.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
what are you talking about, you dont know who the shooter was. You are just making assumptions. And he wasnt the one who was violent. So now Jones is accountable if any friend of his gets in a fight? From what I heard all he did was show up at the strip club with a lot of money and throw it around on stage and then other people got into the fight and if you know the environment at these clubs, you know this kind of stuff happens because everyone is drinking and everyone is real tough and maybe Pac-Man shouldnt have been there in the first place but thats his decision. But no I dont see how hes hurting anyone but himself.

Oh and the cop Jones bit in the finger....he really got hurt. You must be joking. I dont even know if this report is true or not yet but even if it is, the report says that the cop was fine.
If you were paying attention to the story. It was Adam Jones' "rain making" that started the incident.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It just goes from bad to worse for this guy, and such a shame too.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote