Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will be the offensive rookie of the year in the 2008-2009 NFL season
Matt Ryan, QB Atlanta Falcons 10 15.38%
Darren McFadden, RB Oakland Raiders 3 4.62%
Jonathan Stewart, RB Carolina Panthers 5 7.69%
Joe Flacco, QB Baltimore Ravens 2 3.08%
Felix Jones, RB Dallas Cowboys 6 9.23%
Chris Johnson, RB Tennessee Titans 17 26.15%
Eddie Royal, WR Denver Broncos 5 7.69%
Matt Forte, RB Chicago Bears 10 15.38%
DeSean Jackson, WR/ RS Philadelphia Eagles 7 10.77%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2008-2009 Offensive Rookie of the Year

Who will it be? Of course I am going to say Matt Ryan, QB Atlanta Falcons. QB is the most important position and if he helps this team to a .500 or better season it should be him, easily in my opinion.

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 09-25-2008 at 06:58 PM.
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Mike Tolbert!

Seriously though, I've seen first hand how good Eddie Royal is and with Jay Cutler throwing to him for a whole year he may put up some ###'s.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jonathan Stewart will end the season with 20+ TDs. He is that sick.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta go with Matt Ryan. I didn't think he'd be much but I gotta give him respect if he goes far with the (expected to be) crappy Falcons

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Forte, he does it all and he is our entire offense.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan? I don't think so.

If Chris Johnson keeps up what he's doing, it'll be him in a landslide. Who cares if the Falcons win games if Ryan puts up mediocre stats. Johnson has been the only offense the Titans can pull off, and if they go into the playoffs with a very nice record (anything above 10-6) he'll be the first guy they look at.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Matty Ice.

Besides, QBs are always favored in this anyway.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QBs don't win it unless they pull a VY or Big Ben and get their team to the playoffs.

The Falcons have gotten to pummel the Lions and the Chiefs so far. The one competent defense they faced (Bucs) held them to 9 points and they have several more teams coming up with at least decent defenses. (Panthers, Packers, Bears, Eagles in order)

If Ryan comes through that looking decent and keeping the Falcons around .500, then maybe. But even Peyton went 3-13 as a rookie......

Its gotta be a RB. I'm going Felix Jones thus far. He's been dynamic and scored some big TD's for a Dallas team that might be the best in football right now. He keeps that up and its him in my book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Matty Ice.

Besides, QBs are always favored in this anyway.
Wrong. It's only been a QB twice since 1990. (VY and Ben)

Its been a RB 13 times for comparison. (WR the other 3 times)

Last edited by BeerBaron : 09-25-2008 at 07:52 PM.
BeerBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think CJ is going to win as I haven't been swayed, he looks like he's taking over that RB spot already, Jonathan Stewart in a close second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I picked Matt Forte. He's a bigger threat in the passing game than I ever imagined and hes pretty much carrying the bears offense on his shoulders. The Bears o-line wasn't supposed to be anything special and he's making them look alright so far.

All the running backs except for Mendenhall look pretty good so far.

I can't complain about felix. It seems like he rips off a big one every time he gets the ball. His 8.8 avg. backs that up.

Chris Johnson looks explosive and isn't having any of the problems I thought he might have. I wasn't sure about his durability or even his skill for that matter. He came out of a smaller school, but looks like a great pick.

Stewart has been powerful, explosive, and already looks to be pushing Deangelo to the back burner.

McFadden is eh. He's on a ****** team, but he had a great week 2. Im just surprised Bernard Pollard caught him? I thought DMAC was uncatchable? I think he is going to have some inconsistent weeks. Sort of similar to AD last year.

Matt Ryan is ok. He's had his best games against 2 of the worst teams in the league (same with turner the burner) lets see what they do when it isn't against KC or Detroit.

Eddie Royal looks like a great find. I watching him burn Deangelo all night and have a decent game (came up big in the end) against SD. He should benefit for years playing opposite of Marshall.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnathen Stewart is on pace 16 TDs, thats pretty good for a rookie. He'll need more Yards though.

That said Royal or Jackson will be in with a big chance, as will chris johnson.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its gonna come down to Forte and Chris Johnson but Stewart could also win so i think its one of those three. I voted Forte though.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart could easily put up some massive numbers in a couple of games though, against KC, Atlanta x2, Detroit, Arizona, New Orleans some weak run defenses on the schedule.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Matt Ryan? I don't think so.

If Chris Johnson keeps up what he's doing, it'll be him in a landslide. Who cares if the Falcons win games if Ryan puts up mediocre stats. Johnson has been the only offense the Titans can pull off, and if they go into the playoffs with a very nice record (anything above 10-6) he'll be the first guy they look at.
Yeah, two out of three games with over a 100 passer rating is mediocre.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt vote for Felix but, I would love for him to win it. Seems like it would be awfully difficult, though...w/ D-Mac, Johnson, and Forte actually starting or getting starter carries. Desean Jackson has been really impressive as well...of course, Felix could win it if he keeps on his current TD tear.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Actually, that was probably the wrong thing to say, someone will point out who we have played.

If anyone has watched Matt Ryan they know he has played, for the most part, great. He has made plays all over the field, and just looks composed at all times.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Matty gets to 8-8 he's got to be the guy, it's not really a question to me. Even though the Falcons will probably have Michael Turner to thank.

Otherwise I'd have to say Stewart.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Yeah, two out of three games with over a 100 passer rating is mediocre.
Wait until he plays a legit NFL team. Oh wait, he did and was 13-33 with 0 TD and 2 INT's.

Games against KC and Detroit don't count.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Wait until he plays a legit NFL team. Oh wait, he did and was 13-33 with 0 TD and 2 INT's.

In all fairness to Ryan, those numbers should be expected in that game. Rookies/young QBs typically struggle against cover two defenses and then add Monte Kiffin to the equation and it didnt bode well for Ryan. Ryan has played very well up to this point but, of course it is a long season. So far so good, though. You couldnt ask for much more thus far. They're bringing him along slowly and he's performing well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Raider fan, I don't believe McFadden can be voted for until we see this turf toe play out. It could hinder him and limit his carries all year or he could be done with it in a week and put up monster numbers on the season. (or he could get over it and be inconsistent, barely making 1,000 yards) For McFadden at least, we need a couple more weeks to tell either way as to what kind of season he'll have.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Forte is the heart and soul of the Bears' offense and his stats will end up being too good to not get the nod; Chris Johnson is close

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post

I guess you are illiterate, completely whiffing on the post I made just after that.

Old 09-25-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Matt Forte is the heart and soul of the Bears' offense and his stats will end up being too good to not get the nod; Chris Johnson is close
Not after he gets 23 yards on 14 carries against Philly :)

DeSean Jackson kthxbai
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess you are illiterate, completely whiffing on the post I made just after that.
Yeah, you said that someone will point out the teams he has played, which is a completely valid point. Then you continued to talk about how great he has played.

I think he is going to be a good player, but he hasn't proven **** yet, and isn't a ROY candidate right now.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually, that was probably the wrong thing to say, someone will point out who we have played.

If anyone has watched Matt Ryan they know he has played, for the most part, great. He has made plays all over the field, and just looks composed at all times.
You beat me to it. Just got to read it. But yeah, that would have been the first way i would have attacked your argument.

It's easy to look composed when your team has a huge lead and you're going up against a crummy defense. He does have sweet touch on his pass, and has proven me wrong in some aspects of his game, but i'd wait to see more of him, especially when his team is in a dog fight. Besides, when he put up his high qb ratings, he threw the ball 13 and 18 times. Not very impressive, honestly.