Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-27-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamatitan81 View Post
I wanted to cry when ESPN kept showing Beanie Wells on the screen and they were acting like that would have been a good pick.
Yeah, that was a douche move on ESPN's part. But I kept thinking that by doing that then the rumor of us trading our second and Lendale to the Cardinals for Boldin was going to come true. I'm more happy with Britt though. I think we've finally found what we've been looking for.

Kind of odd, but this is the first time I've been truly happy with our first round pick since Haynesworth. Didn't care for Woolfolk, didn't have one in 2004, hated Pacman instantly, didn't want VY, thought Griffin and Chris Johnson were too much of luxury picks. Obviously I've been wrong on some of those though.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:38 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great draft for you guys. Just hope we can hold down Britt and keep SenDerrick out of our backfield.

But like i said great draft and you represent our division well.

We will see who gets the division title! ;p

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks ChainGang! I think every AFC South team had a good Draft. Hope your bro is happy with the Cowboys too!

In Titans news, Scaife has signed his tender. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Thanks ChainGang! I think every AFC South team had a good Draft. Hope your bro is happy with the Cowboys too!

In Titans news, Scaife has signed his tender. :)
Hmmmmm..... He sure did sign that tender awfully fast for some reason. Maybe it had something to do with Jared Cook? :)
Old 04-27-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he said he was gonna sign it today before they even drafted Cook..

Not really buying that. But! We signed Chris Mortensen's son to an UDFA deal!!! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I have missed a whole lot. It definitely sucks when your laptop charger stops working, needs replacement and it takes forever to find and get one. But all in all, its good to comment about the draft. Definitely pleased with the first WR we have taken in the first round. Britt + Gage + Washington = WIN. Washington creates a vertical dimension to the game, Gage makes the catches in traffic and Britt is an instant redzone threat that will help CJ become even better in the running game. Marks, don't know much about him at all, but hey we have produced some pretty good DT's. Enjoyed the Cook decision as Crumpler was a failed experiment and gives us another viable option over the middle. Wonder what happens with Stevens though (just comes in as a blocker?). Don't know much about the rest so I will not comment. Overall, I would say a B - B+ first 3 rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 04:13 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Glad to see ya back NYtitan! Agree with everything ya said!

Also, 3,000 posts!!! Whoo!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

The '09 Draft thread is officially unstickified!

There've been 382 posts in this thread. Me, Voodoo, and Steph accounted for 304 of them. If your name isn't one of those three, you need to post moar!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol we are officially about 80% of the forum atm
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:55 AM    (permalink
TitansFTW
Rookie

TitansFTW could make a wolverine purr.TitansFTW could make a wolverine purr.TitansFTW could make a wolverine purr.TitansFTW could make a wolverine purr.TitansFTW could make a wolverine purr.TitansFTW could make a wolverine purr.TitansFTW could make a wolverine purr.TitansFTW could make a wolverine purr.

I'm so glad we went out and grabbed Britt. When I was watching the draft live (I was there lol) I was talking with some Colts fans who sat near me, they were raving over Kenny Britt. And in the back of my mind, I was hoping Britt would fall to us. And BAM! Britt was a Titan! I've not been this excited over a draft pick since '07 when the Giants drafted Aaron Ross (personal friend). It was great. Britt is going to be a big part of this offense. I'm seeing us SuperBowl Bound =)
Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
AllanO444
Rookie

AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.AllanO444 is a cocksman.

I know Lendale White is in his "contract year" but will he be a Restricted or Unrestricted FA after next season? I've been wondering that for awhile...
AllanO444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That depends on the CBA.

If it isn't extended and 2010 is a capless season, then White will be a RFA as the seasons played before RFA then becomes 5 (or 6 maybe).

If the CBA is extended and the RFA condition remains at 3 finished seasons as it is on the current CBA, then he'll be a UFA since he would have done 4.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hope he leaves at the end of it
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

The offseason is still upon us!

Drew Bennett is visiting with us!

Quote:
Wide receiver Drew Bennett, a free agent after being released by the St. Louis Rams in March, has an appointment with the Tennessee Titans, with whom he played six seasons.

Drew Bennett, WR

Career Statistics
Receptions: 307
Yards: 4,412
Touchdowns: 28
The Tennessean reports that Bennett will visit with Titans officials Monday and also is scheduled to undergo a physical.

Bennett played with the Titans from 2001 to 2006. He led the team in receptions for two straight seasons and in receiving yards for three straight seasons, but his best year came in 2003, when he had 80 receptions for 1,247 yards and 11 touchdowns. All of those statistics are career highs.

Bennett signed a six-year, $30 million contract with the Rams in 2007, but he was released by the team after two injury-filled seasons. He played in just 15 games for St. Louis, making 34 receptions for 379 yards and three touchdowns. His longest catch went for 24 yards.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
I'd love to get Drew back! He was one of my favorites players before he left. We'd have Justin Gage, Nate Washington, Kenny Britt, and Drew Bennett. That'd be a BIG WR corps. Gage is 6'4, Britt is 6'3, and Bennett is 6'5. Throw in Jared Cook who's 6'5 too.

I can't think of a reason not to do this. Bennett was cut, so he won't count against comp picks. He was an 80 catch, 1,200+ yard, 11 TD receiver under 'Dinger. He'd be relatively cheap, and he wouldn't be called upon to be a go-to guy unless he earns it.

We lost a lot on Defense by losing Haynesworth, but we've more than made up for it by what we've done on offense.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I suggest everyone who contributed to this thread to go back and pat yourselves on the back. I noticed this a while ago, but we nailed that **** last year.

We got the position right on some but not the player (wanted DJ Moore for CB/KR, actually got Ryan Mouton CB/KR). But, we named the Gerald McRath pick months ahead of time. Voodoo suggested TE as an early darkhorse pick, and whaddya know, we trade up for Cook.

The only thing we straight up missed was SenDerrick Marks, but Stephenson brought him up on the first page. Mainly because of his name, but it still counts! :D And we were adamant about not using a 1st RD'er on a DT, and we were right.

Compare the players we brought up for us and asked for in mocks to the players others here and elsewhere gave us. This is legit stuff guys. We should be stoked with ourselves!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-18-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I suggest everyone who contributed to this thread to go back and pat yourselves on the back. I noticed this a while ago, but we nailed that **** last year.

We got the position right on some but not the player (wanted DJ Moore for CB/KR, actually got Ryan Mouton CB/KR). But, we named the Gerald McRath pick months ahead of time. Voodoo suggested TE as an early darkhore pick, and whaddya know, we trade up for Cook.

The only thing we straight up missed was SenDerrick Marks, but Stephenson brought him up on the first page. Mainly because of his name, but it still counts! :D And we were adamant about not using a 1st RD'er on a DT, and we were right.

Compare the players we brought up for us and asked for in mocks to the players others here and elsewhere gave us. This is legit stuff guys. We should be stoked with ourselves!
My first ever post on this board was like a month or two before the draft. Guess who it was about?
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29496

EDIT my post was in January!!! Titans fans are so sick nasty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 11-18-2009 at 05:04 PM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
My first ever post on this board was like a month or two before the draft. Guess who it was about?
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29496

EDIT my post was in January!!! Titans fans are so sick nasty.
Nicely done!

I think everyone of us liked Britt and saw him as a very possible pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53, in February View Post
Kenny Britt is #1 on my pre-combine wish list
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope, day before the Draft View Post
My ideal right now:

1) Hakeem Nicks/Kenny Britt
2) DJ Moore/Macho Harris/Mike Mickens
3) Gerald McRath/Jasper Brinkley
4) Captain Munnerlyn
4) Everette Pedescleaux

Maybe something like that.
Holy ****, I just noticed this!

Quote:
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of trading up in the 3rd. We have 8 picks left, and 8 more rookies aren't making the team.

Obviously, I would sooooooo love Michael Johnson. I've had a mancrush on him and Cornelius Ingram for over a year now! :D
I got the player wrong, but totally called trading up in the 3rd for a TE too, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Nevermind, the Bears decided they want a monopoly on Vanderbilt players and just took Moore. :(

I'm all about linebacker with our next two picks now. Preferably two out of Jasper Brinkley, Marcus Freeman, Gerald McRath or maybe even Darry Beckwith.
We took McRath with our next pick. :)

Voodoo and I called taking another CB after we took Kropog at the end of the 4th RD, and we picked McCourty two picks later in the 6th RD.

Hated taking Ryan Durand and Nick Schommer over guys like Everette Pedescleaux, Rulon Davis, and Clinton McDonald. :(

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

We should petition Bud Adams for Reinfeldt's job since it's obvious we know exactly what we're doing anyways. Plus we're younger with more upside.
:D
Old 11-18-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Lions fan here,

Kyle Vandon Bosch hasn't signed an extension with you guys yet right? What are your opinions on him hitting free agency? Is he having a good year.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Hey Lions fan here,

Kyle Vandon Bosch hasn't signed an extension with you guys yet right? What are your opinions on him hitting free agency? Is he having a good year.
KVB is a free agent after this season. To be honest, I don't expect the Titans to offer him much money so he'll probably hit the market. Plus William Hayes is looking really good so far. He hasn't really had a good season. He has only one sack and every time I watch him rush it seems like he overruns plays too much. I don't know if he misses Haynesworth that much or what but he just hasn't lived up to standards so far this season. Love his effort though.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

The entire DL has suffered from the loss of Haynesworth. Jason Jones has the singular ability to be a great player, but he doesn't make the guys around him better like AH did. He may be able to be that kind of player someday though.

I don't think KVB is fit to be a RE anymore. He's better suited for LE now where he doesn't have to go up against the opponent's best pass-blocker. AH and KVB on the right side was an unstoppable force when both were healthy. Now that they've been separated, neither are playing at the level they were when together.

I bet KVB will be re-signed for pretty cheap. I think he has a loyalty to the coaches, and the coaches have a loyalty to him.

Anyway, do we keep this thing going or should Voodoo start a new one for the 2010 Draft? I'm feeling the urge to share my Vince Oghabaase and Derrick Morgan love with ya'll. :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
The entire DL has suffered from the loss of Haynesworth. Jason Jones has the singular ability to be a great player, but he doesn't make the guys around him better like AH did. He may be able to be that kind of player someday though.

I don't think KVB is fit to be a RE anymore. He's better suited for LE now where he doesn't have to go up against the opponent's best pass-blocker. AH and KVB on the right side was an unstoppable force when both were healthy. Now that they've been separated, neither are playing at the level they were when together.

I bet KVB will be re-signed for pretty cheap. I think he has a loyalty to the coaches, and the coaches have a loyalty to him.

Anyway, do we keep this thing going or should Voodoo start a new one for the 2010 Draft? I'm feeling the urge to share my Vince Oghabaase and Derrick Morgan love with ya'll. :D
Go ahead and start the 2010 thread!
Old 11-19-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Go ahead and start the 2010 thread!
Who made the 2008 and 2009 threads? j00 didz!

Well, technically that Cashmoneydrew guy made the '08...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-21-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking for a Speedy KR/WR in the draft...What y'all think about Jacoby Ford from Clemson.

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm a big Brandon James fan even though he had a down year.