Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-13-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

one big story line to watch: does Moss get traded?

If so, then I reckon the Raiders will take CJ.

If not, then I'd expect them to pass, which could leave CJ going to the Bucs, which would make me cry lots.
Old 03-13-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Two new pieces of information:

He would be a fine Nose Tackle, in rotation with Grady Jackson.

CERTAINLY WOULD. WOULD PROBABLY RULE OUT OKOYE?

They would be lucky to get a 7th round pick for him.
I THOUGHT THEY HAD ALREADY RELEASED HIM, BUT YEAH, NO WAY THEY GET A DECENT PICK. HE'D BE A DECENT SOLUTION FOR US.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all this speculation about moss wanting to play for gb.. i'm wondering what farve is thinking. if there was a possible trade, would it involve a packer wr?

if the bucs get cj, hall, or whoever is covering him, is gonna get destroyed.
thefalconer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

CJ is nasty, and I would HATE to see him twice a year. That's why I think our coaches move up to #2 with Detroit with Schaub trade, IF he doesn't go #1
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be very pleased if we signed Ian Scott. He would be perfect as a Nose Tackle. Grady Jackson is old, is injury prone, he is best served as a situational player at his age/size/health combination. That would give the team a 4-man rotation at DT, with two veterans, two young players.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:33 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ian Scott would be good
Olindo Mare would be great
Mulitalo would be spectacular.
all 3 would be a coup.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we NEED mare. special teams is so underrated.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
CJ is nasty, and I would HATE to see him twice a year. That's why I think our coaches move up to #2 with Detroit with Schaub trade, IF he doesn't go #1
That would be great, but i doubt it. Sound too good to be true.
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
Ian Scott would be good
Olindo Mare would be great
Mulitalo would be spectacular.
all 3 would be a coup.
We have a couple of players I would cut loose if we could get two of those guys. Getting all three would be great, it's just unlikely.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Thus far;

Additions
  • Ovie Mughelli
  • Marcus Wilkins
  • Lewis Sanders
  • Joe Horn

Subtractions
  • Patrick Kerney
  • Justin Griffith
  • Ashley Lelie
  • Ike Reese

Addition by Subtractions
  • Matt Lehr
  • Edgerton Hartwell

Old 03-14-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The 2 Ms are the 2 of those 3 I would really like. Mulitalo and Mare, that would be great
Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

i dont know much about ian thompson but i think muitalo would be excellent and just what our line needs if only we dont let the wallet get too light. mare i think is a need because the only potential kickers that will have success in the nfl will be gone after we draft our core needs.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by profootballtalk
FALCONS LAND FONOTI

The Atlanta Falcons wanted to go bigger on the offensive line in 2007. In one fell swoop, they have.

Adam Caplan of Scout.com reports that the Falcons have agreed to terms with "Two-Ton" Toniu Fonoti. The contract has a duration of one year.

The Chewin' Samooan has bounced around the league (literally) since 2002, playing with the Chargers, Vikings, and Dolphins, and spending a short amount of time with the Raiders and the Bucs.

Fonoti is listed at 350 pounds.

Large man. If we can get him to '04 Chargers-level production, good steal. If not, no harm, no foul because it's only a 1-year 'prove it' deal.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-14-2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Hamilton (6-4, 207 pounds) enters his third NFL season after being selected in the third round (77th overall) by San Francisco in the 2004 NFL Draft out of Clemson. He has seen action in two games throughout his career. He spent the 2005 season on the Physically Unable to Perform List with a knee injury suffered during mini-camps.

"It's a chance for me as there are a lot of young receivers here and I'm trying to get my career jump-started," Hamilton said. "Hopefully, I can bring something as a taller receiver and help the team as much as I can."

A speedy receiver with reliable hands, Hamilton played in 38 games with 27 starts in college with the Tigers. He posted 2,312 yards on 167 receptions and 16 touchdowns at Clemson. A native of Dillon, S.C., he caught 36 passes for 745 yards and nine TDs as a senior at Dillon High School.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaFalcons.com View Post
Hamilton (6-4, 207 pounds) enters his third NFL season after being selected in the third round (77th overall) by San Francisco in the 2004 NFL Draft out of Clemson. He has seen action in two games throughout his career. He spent the 2005 season on the Physically Unable to Perform List with a knee injury suffered during mini-camps.

"It's a chance for me as there are a lot of young receivers here and I'm trying to get my career jump-started," Hamilton said. "Hopefully, I can bring something as a taller receiver and help the team as much as I can."

A speedy receiver with reliable hands, Hamilton played in 38 games with 27 starts in college with the Tigers. He posted 2,312 yards on 167 receptions and 16 touchdowns at Clemson. A native of Dillon, S.C., he caught 36 passes for 745 yards and nine TDs as a senior at Dillon High School.
Got this from Atlanta Falcons.com
Old 03-14-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is Marcus Wilkins BTW??
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:03 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

i really like the concept of signing guys who have had injury problems in the past but have very high ceilings for the vet minimum. In my opinion we should do the same thing for anybody else that fits the criterea at a position of need, i mean you either are shocked by their ability when they finally put it together or you cut them before the season starts
Old 03-15-2007, 04:50 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Who is Marcus Wilkins BTW??

A special teams beast. Will take the role of ike reese
Old 03-15-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The team is still interested in Edwin Mulitalo, Ian Scott, Leander Jordan. Building depth in the trenches.

Old 03-15-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Where you get that from Shiver? I trust ya, just wondering what your source was for that
Old 03-16-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Mulitalo and Scott I learned from Rotoworld. Jordan was NFL Network's Adam Schefter.

Old 03-16-2007, 04:52 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything on Mare?
Old 03-19-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

courtney brown released, after failing a physical.

if he gets his health in order by April, and is not asking for too much, he could be a good Plan B for replacing Kerney at LDE, if we don't draft a DE in the first two rounds.

He'd definitely need to pass a physical first, but he's the kind of tough run-stuffer and bull rusher we could use at power end. Besides, we seem to be setting a trend of picking up guys with injury concerns...
Old 03-19-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Wow...Brown...that's pretty amazing...but I doubt he passes it anytime soon.
Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

The Atlanta Falcons have found a potential replacement for the recently traded quarterback, Matt Schaub. The Falcons signed former Baltimore backup Chris Redman to a one-year deal tonight. Redman played at Louisville, where Atlanta's new head man, Bobby Petrino, coached.