Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-29-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default CC has some talking points, homeslice!

Here are a couple of my thoughts from this weeks games:

-Uh, hello, the ESPN Favre love is 100% deserved. This guy threw 6 touchdowns and looked like a hall of famer doing it! Great QB performances are what this league is all about.

-This is it, I'm officially on the record: AD is better than LT at this moment. His athleticism and pure bulldoggedness are joys to watch and it's great for the league. That said, Ladainian's still hurt and yet offered up a heroic new chapter in his book, "How I spent my entire career dumping on the Raiders."

-Jason Campbell, I underestimated you. Performances like that are the kind that make you take a second look and realize this guy has all the tools and if he's getting the production too, that's a very good QB in this league.

-Wow Andy Reid. 4 tries from the goal line and nothing when you're down by 4--I'm not gonna critique his choice of plays, he's spent enough time hearing that he should run the ball more. Forget the play calling, your guys have to PRODUCE from that range, period. No excuses. Gorgeous stand by the Bears. Best defensive sequence I've seen this year so far.

-I'm guessing no Cutler love after the Broncos got whacked by the Chiefs. I said a while ago that I didn't think LJ was done: this guy needs to be traded to a team that's not completely rebuilding, he's going to raise their draft pick by winning games they don't want to really win. That said, good job!

-For a while there it looked like Orton might just be the QB of the future in Chicago. Then reality set in. I feel so bad for the Bears D. Aside from when they get bounced around by injuries, they have really held up their end of the bargain when it comes to pursuing a championship, and management just cannot get it together and find them a signal caller. It's more than a joke, it's getting to be a waste of some seriously great careers.

-Welcome back Jamal Williams. 6 tackles, several behind the line of scrimmage, and a sack, against a Raider running game that was supposed to be kind of threatening. Jamal has been working the rust off and getting better each of these last 4 games, and he was dominant yesterday. That's it for my homer comments.

-Titans...just go away. That D is too nasty, and it was last year as well. In this crazy year it might be the X factor that gets them through the playoffs and into the big show. I think Kerry Collins will start to show his stripes eventually, but for now just ride that crazy train! Chad Pennington needs to be on this team next year. The D is too good for an inconsistent player like VY to drag them down. Solid drives and Bironas will take them very far with a D like that.

-Deal Vince to the Texans where the unadulterated and completely justified man love the city of Houston has for him will magically repair his ego and confidence. Anyone else remember the crowd cheering as Vince beat them a couple years ago? Yeah, they're ready for him.

-Hochuli, AGAIN?

-David Garrard silencing the doubters yet again. Is he a game manager? Yeah. But he's probably the best in the business at it. The Jags are not buried yet.

-Bengals may have convinced me to believe in karma. Them and Earl Hickey.

-Tonight's game: the UGLY BOWL!
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vince? Really? Id rather jump off of a cliff. Actually, i'll take that one step further. Yes, from suicide.

Id rather have DAVID CARR back.

Vince was a god in college, and I love the guy. But he's simply a terrible NFL QB. Yes, worse than Schaub and Sage. And Collins.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Here are a couple of my thoughts from this weeks games:

-Uh, hello, the ESPN Favre love is 100% deserved. This guy threw 6 touchdowns and looked like a hall of famer doing it! Great QB performances are what this league is all about.
Yes, he deserves praise. Yes, he played the Cardinals. They were still throwing deep up 49-35. It was a very good performance by Favre. It's not going to happen without these perfect circumstances though. So the praise is deserved but expect it to only last a week.

-This is it, I'm officially on the record: AD is better than LT at this moment. His athleticism and pure bulldoggedness are joys to watch and it's great for the league. That said, Ladainian's still hurt and yet offered up a heroic new chapter in his book, "How I spent my entire career dumping on the Raiders."
I agree. I think he was better than LT last year too. LT runs soft nowadays and AP runs like a hungry rookie. I've always said that running backs don't need time to mature. They are probably even better when younger. Experience only teaches them pass blocking skills, the little things you don't notice and that don't affect production much.

-Jason Campbell, I underestimated you. Performances like that are the kind that make you take a second look and realize this guy has all the tools and if he's getting the production too, that's a very good QB in this league.
Every time I see Campbell play I'm impressed with him. If he had better coaching and especially play calling he could be up there in the top 10 QBs easily.

-Wow Andy Reid. 4 tries from the goal line and nothing when you're down by 4--I'm not gonna critique his choice of plays, he's spent enough time hearing that he should run the ball more. Forget the play calling, your guys have to PRODUCE from that range, period. No excuses. Gorgeous stand by the Bears. Best defensive sequence I've seen this year so far.
It makes absolutely no sense to me why you wouldn't put the ball in McNabb's hands a MINIMUM of 1 play in that situation, especially given the defense and Westbrook's injury. He really used the weaknesses and hid the strengths of his team there.

-I'm guessing no Cutler love after the Broncos got whacked by the Chiefs. I said a while ago that I didn't think LJ was done: this guy needs to be traded to a team that's not completely rebuilding, he's going to raise their draft pick by winning games they don't want to really win. That said, good job!
True, but they probably won't get what their looking for out of a running back who has taken such a beating. Plus it might be useful to keep him around to ease the mind of a developing quarterback.

-For a while there it looked like Orton might just be the QB of the future in Chicago. Then reality set in. I feel so bad for the Bears D. Aside from when they get bounced around by injuries, they have really held up their end of the bargain when it comes to pursuing a championship, and management just cannot get it together and find them a signal caller. It's more than a joke, it's getting to be a waste of some seriously great careers.
I'm a pretty big Orton supporter. I think the rest of their offense except Forte is pretty dismal though. Orton is no stud but he runs the offense decently I think.

-Titans...just go away. That D is too nasty, and it was last year as well. In this crazy year it might be the X factor that gets them through the playoffs and into the big show. I think Kerry Collins will start to show his stripes eventually, but for now just ride that crazy train! Chad Pennington needs to be on this team next year. The D is too good for an inconsistent player like VY to drag them down. Solid drives and Bironas will take them very far with a D like that.
I'm not sure that Kerry Collins isn't the better play for them at this moment. I would have said that before the VY depression thing came out.

-Hochuli, AGAIN?
Obviously we need penalties like roughing the passer, but I absolutely hate it when they decide a game. If I was a ref I would ignore them in close games in the 4th Q unless really blatant.
Responses above.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Vince? Really? Id rather jump off of a cliff. Actually, i'll take that one step further. Yes, from suicide.

Id rather have DAVID CARR back.

Vince was a god in college, and I love the guy. But he's simply a terrible NFL QB. Yes, worse than Schaub and Sage. And Collins.
You guys can take Jon Kitna off our hands..
Old 09-29-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this so another talking point::

That Anguan Boldin injury was ferocious. It hurts seeing him get layed out like that in garbage time. He's one of my favorite non-Packers. He actually got took 2 helmet to helmet hits in about a tenth of a second, the first one knocked his helmet right into the other guy's face.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umphrey Zorn is the reason why Campbell is doing so well. Don't forget he was the qb coach in Seattle and him and Campbell have a real nice relationship building right now. He works with him hard everyday in practice and I think it's that and his play calling that is finally showing off Campbell's potential.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:53 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
You guys can take Jon Kitna off our hands..
We dont need a QB, at all.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Umphrey Zorn is the reason why Campbell is doing so well. Don't forget he was the qb coach in Seattle and him and Campbell have a real nice relationship building right now. He works with him hard everyday in practice and I think it's that and his play calling that is finally showing off Campbell's potential.
More importantly he trusts him. Jason has gone to the line, checked down the play and assessed the defense multiple times this year and it's benefited every time.

6 TDs 0 turnovers and the 4th best passer rating.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

No offense Skins fans but Zorn has gone from QB coach to overrated very fast.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:42 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
No offense Skins fans but Zorn has gone from QB coach to overrated very fast.
Really?

I mean, everybody had us in the 5-6 game win area and we're half that now. I see us easily getting 10-11 wins this season and contending for a potential wild card spot.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
Really?

I mean, everybody had us in the 5-6 game win area and we're half that now. I see us easily getting 10-11 wins this season and contending for a potential wild card spot.
uhm, no. You guys were always pretty much pegged to be in the 7-9 win area. After teh Giants game, even redskins fans were saying how bad Zorn was and how they didn't trust Campbell. my lord how things change, huh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hochuli explained to Peppers that his helmet had come in contact with the Qb's, so that was the reason he threw the flag. These guys shouldn't hide their flags late in the game, just because it's late in the game. They have a job to do, and that's protect the players. Speaking of which, i'm expecting a huge fine on whoever it was that hit Anquan Boldin. That was about as Rodney Harrison of a hit as i've seen in the league for a while now. Boldin and the Cardinals are lucky that he wasn't seriously injured.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure didnt need to watch last nights game to finalize an opinion on Orton. Chicago is going to always be a grind em out team there so i think the type of QB you bring in is key. I think they could have done worse than go after a Donovan McNabb but going into the draft a Tim Tebow would fit in my mind.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Hochuli explained to Peppers that his helmet had come in contact with the Qb's, so that was the reason he threw the flag. These guys shouldn't hide their flags late in the game, just because it's late in the game. They have a job to do, and that's protect the players. Speaking of which, i'm expecting a huge fine on whoever it was that hit Anquan Boldin. That was about as Rodney Harrison of a hit as i've seen in the league for a while now. Boldin and the Cardinals are lucky that he wasn't seriously injured.
Yeah, just watching the replay over a few times it was pretty easily seen that the player is going to get a fine. At least I think.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
uhm, no. You guys were always pretty much pegged to be in the 7-9 win area. After teh Giants game, even redskins fans were saying how bad Zorn was and how they didn't trust Campbell. my lord how things change, huh?
I never complained about Campbell, in fact since he was a rook I was defending him and saying he had the tools to be a Mcnabb in the league. My complaints after week one were:
1) Zorn was forcing his WCO way too much and that he was a horrible time manager. On 3rd and 10's we were running 5 yard routes. Also our play calling was so predictable. Run, Run, Pass. I even said that none of it was Campbell's fault while everyone was up his bootay. Now after game 4 I am not saying Zorn is savior but he is making huge improvements as a coach. He is letting Jason play the game and has trust in Jason now. Zorn has learned that he can't have it my way or the highway, Jason's strong suit is the vertical passing game, so why not implement it. The scary thing with Jason is that it won't really be until next year and the year after that until he actually grasps the playbook and offensive system.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I never complained about Campbell, in fact since he was a rook I was defending him and saying he had the tools to be a Mcnabb in the league. My complaints after week one were:
1) Zorn was forcing his WCO way too much and that he was a horrible time manager. On 3rd and 10's we were running 5 yard routes. Also our play calling was so predictable. Run, Run, Pass. I even said that none of it was Campbell's fault while everyone was up his bootay. Now after game 4 I am not saying Zorn is savior but he is making huge improvements as a coach. He is letting Jason play the game and has trust in Jason now. Zorn has learned that he can't have it my way or the highway, Jason's strong suit is the vertical passing game, so why not implement it. The scary thing with Jason is that it won't really be until next year and the year after that until he actually grasps the playbook and offensive system.
not you, I know you've been backing Campbell since I've been here. but many other skins fans, especially here, have been on and off the bandwagon.(insert on and off sex joke here....)
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not you, I know you've been backing Campbell since I've been here. but many other skins fans, especially here, have been on and off the bandwagon.(insert on and off sex joke here....)
which ones

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
which ones
virtually every deadskin fan NOT named STRIP in the gameday thread after the Giants game and all the callers to washington radio stations that following friday-sunday( i was in DC-VA area that weekend...)
Quote:
Old 09-29-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
virtually every deadskin fan NOT named STRIP in the gameday thread after the Giants game and all the callers to washington radio stations that following friday-sunday( i was in DC-VA area that weekend...)
There's like 5 skins posters here but you're right. Every fan base has their band wagoners I'm sure people were callin for Eli's head after the 0-2 start. I don't know how people were so down on them after one week we played to a stalemate the second half in the season opener of the super bowl champs. It was Zorn's first game I kept the faith as always.

edit* finally 1k

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is very true I heard so much crap on the radio from Skins fans after that game proclaiming that Todd Collins would lead this team, made me want to throw up.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The "fans" who call into the radio shows in the DC area are a joke. I've been a fan of Campbell since the beginning and I do believe he could be very much in the vein of a McNabb, STRIP pretty much listed all my reasons why I was very displeased with Zorn after the first week. But I'm not saying he's gonna lead us to 15-1, I'm just saying he's shown strides in knowing when to take control and when to let Jason just call it at the line. I was very pleased with the game yesterday, but I know that we still got a long road ahead of us and I still think this year the team will be 9-7 and if we're lucky 10-6.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Eric smith wasn't aiming for the helmet, it wasn't at all malicious, it just was bad luck that kerry rhodes hit Q from the back, which propelled him into smith. I think a fine is justified, because whether or not he meant to do it, it happened and as such, should be punished. However, i think the suspension will most likely be appealed and eventually throw out, it seems as though this is just a knee-jerk PR move by the NFL.

If anyone should be suspended i think it's freakin whisenhunt or the OC for calling that damn dangerous play with less than a minute left to play in the game down 3 scores.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
Eric smith wasn't aiming for the helmet, it wasn't at all malicious, it just was bad luck that kerry rhodes hit Q from the back, which propelled him into smith. I think a fine is justified, because whether or not he meant to do it, it happened and as such, should be punished. However, i think the suspension will most likely be appealed and eventually throw out, it seems as though this is just a knee-jerk PR move by the NFL.

If anyone should be suspended i think it's freakin whisenhunt or the OC for calling that damn dangerous play with less than a minute left to play in the game down 3 scores.
I don't care if you're aiming for the helmet or his nuts, if you hit him in the helmet and cause a potential career-threatening injury, you deserve the fine and suspension.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Sure didnt need to watch last nights game to finalize an opinion on Orton. Chicago is going to always be a grind em out team there so i think the type of QB you bring in is key. I think they could have done worse than go after a Donovan McNabb but going into the draft a Tim Tebow would fit in my mind.
Quote:
I don't care if you're aiming for the helmet or his nuts, if you hit him in the helmet and cause a potential career-threatening injury, you deserve the fine and suspension.
Fine yes, suspension no. It's excessive for a hit that the was pretty clearly not malicious. Sure it happened so there must be some recourse, but to suspend anyone over it is simply too much and the regular suspensions occurring under the Goodell Administration is having a negative effect IMO on the league's image and the level play.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Fine yes, suspension no. It's excessive for a hit that the was pretty clearly not malicious. Sure it happened so there must be some recourse, but to suspend anyone over it is simply too much and the regular suspensions occurring under the Goodell Administration is having a negative effect IMO on the league's image and the level play.
Who the hell cares if it was malicious or not? Whether it was intentional or not, it still could have caused the same amount of damage. The suspension is perfect. If you still need the league to be slapping your hand teaching you how to tackle, you deserve to sit out a game.