Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 03-02-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Joey Porter?

How would everyone feel if we made a move on him. I haven't seen any rumors about it or anything, but I'm just throwing it out there for reaction.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
How would everyone feel if we made a move on him. I haven't seen any rumors about it or anything, but I'm just throwing it out there for reaction.
That would be the dumbest move of the offseason in my opinion, and I'd be pretty pissed. I am already annoyed O'hara is back, and this would really bust my balls. I have tons of family in the burgh, that are steelers fans, and talked to one of them yesterday,and he laughed saying he wouldnt fit your system, and I concur. It would be assinine to bring him in here.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:23 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well we need a SLB. I'd prefer to see Kiwanuka in that role next year. I'm not big on FA LBs anyway (bad experiences with Emmons, Arrington). If he comes for cheap, i'd bring him in. He won't come for cheap though.

Thoughts on bringing Brad Johnson, Joey Harrington or Drew Bledsoe to back up Eli?
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:26 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Well we need a SLB. I'd prefer to see Kiwanuka in that role next year. I'm not big on FA LBs anyway (bad experiences with Emmons, Arrington). If he comes for cheap, i'd bring him in. He won't come for cheap though.

Thoughts on bringing Brad Johnson, Joey Harrington or Drew Bledsoe to back up Eli?
Joey would be a SLB in our system. 6'3" 250 is plenty big enough. I love him. Some people think he is a bad character. He is just outspoken. And not about his own team it seems like some of our players. He is just outspoken about the other teams. But he is the type of player who will run through a wall if you tell him to.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Joey would be a SLB in our system. 6'3" 250 is plenty big enough. I love him. Some people think he is a bad character. He is just outspoken. And not about his own team it seems like some of our players. He is just outspoken about the other teams. But he is the type of player who will run through a wall if you tell him to.
Outspoken in our media is suicide, not to mention guy is out of his damn mind. Fighting people in pregame, and jsut doing whatever and saying whatever. He wouldnt fit our system and benefited greatly early on when he was part of the best LB corps in the NFL with Gildon, Farrior, Bell, and himself. If we signed him, I'd be pretty damn pissed.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really he needs to go to a 3-4 team to start, he nothing more then a KGB type player on a 4-3 now
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Really he needs to go to a 3-4 team to start, he nothing more then a KGB type player on a 4-3 now

That's not even factoring the headache he brings.. God knows this NY media will be all over every thing he says and does.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah. Joey porter is a bad idea. I think we should look to the draft for a LB.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post

I agree with this. However, Kiwi has said that he intends to gain weight this off-season to help him at the defensive line. I think he'll be good for us whenever Strahan may retire. Or if Strahan wants big dollars.

Also, would love to see Brad Johnson come in and see if he can do anything to help Eli progress.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey Porter also talks more then a lot more then Shockey. About other players. Only guy Shockey talks about is coaches.

Shockey is a much better player too.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

hugepunch hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
That would be the dumbest move of the offseason in my opinion, and I'd be pretty pissed. I am already annoyed O'hara is back, and this would really bust my balls. I have tons of family in the burgh, that are steelers fans, and talked to one of them yesterday,and he laughed saying he wouldnt fit your system, and I concur. It would be assinine to bring him in here.
i love how people say that joey porter wouldnt fit in our "system" just because he played in a 3-4. porter is one of the most talented LB's in the league and can play in any system. hes an athlete. period, end of story. as far as the kiwi playing the sam, tuck would be better in that role i played with tuck in college and his nick name was "freak" because hes such an athletic freak of nature. tuck is the best athlete on the giants ive seen dood run in the low 4.5's. hes 6'6 of beast. ive watched him do things that ive never thought possible and i dont know if you guys know this but hes cousins with adalius thomas.
hugepunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugepunch View Post
i love how people say that joey porter wouldnt fit in our "system" just because he played in a 3-4. porter is one of the most talented LB's in the league and can play in any system. hes an athlete. period, end of story. as far as the kiwi playing the sam, tuck would be better in that role i played with tuck in college and his nick name was "freak" because hes such an athletic freak of nature. tuck is the best athlete on the giants ive seen dood run in the low 4.5's. hes 6'6 of beast. ive watched him do things that ive never thought possible and i dont know if you guys know this but hes cousins with adalius thomas.
He is talented, but if he could play any system, Timlin would have kept him for the future when they change to a 4-3. Tilmin's goal from what I heard was t eventually go 4-3 instead of a 3-4 which they have ran for a long time.

And no it's not that easy, the story doesnt end. Some guys are system players. In Pittsburgh he pretty much was their blitzer, and caused chaos in their different systems. Under Lewis he didnt fare as well, and even yelled at Lewis from the sideline because he wasnt blitzing as often. I dont think he worth the money, and he is getting older as well. Plus rumors are he is looking at SF and SD, two 3-4 teams. That's all he is used to, and thats where he had his success, to think it's like madden,where you plug and play is not realistic. I would have to respectfully disagree and say, he wouldnt be a good fit in a 4-3. I could be wrong, but than again if he wanted a challenge he wouldnt be interested in 3-4 teams.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He's going to go to a 3-4 system. He won't want to learn a new system this far into his career.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

buddy. joey porter is not a system player. he is one of the best athletes at his position. porter is a great LB with quick feet and quick hands who can play in any system. its called natural athleticism. its not hard to learn defensive schemes, its not med school. if i am not mistaken lewis is not our dc anymore is he. you can plug and play a natural athlete anywhere. why would they cut him because in the future they are going to run a 4-3, why not cut him when they are ready to run a 4-3. they cut him for cap. steelers always cut there stars. if he is so old maybe we should cut pierce because hes only a year younger then porter. hes looking close to sf and sd cuz its close to hise home town.. he can play in any system. have you ever played past pop warner?
Old 03-04-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
buddy. joey porter is not a system player. he is one of the best athletes at his position. porter is a great LB with quick feet and quick hands who can play in any system. its called natural athleticism. its not hard to learn defensive schemes, its not med school. if i am not mistaken lewis is not our dc anymore is he. you can plug and play a natural athlete anywhere. why would they cut him because in the future they are going to run a 4-3, why not cut him when they are ready to run a 4-3. they cut him for cap. steelers always cut there stars. if he is so old maybe we should cut pierce because hes only a year younger then porter. hes looking close to sf and sd cuz its close to hise home town.. he can play in any system. have you ever played past pop warner?
Alright smart guy tell me this-

Why is Porter being pursued by 3-4 teams only? Why is Porter more interested in playing in a 3-4 than a 4-3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

i feel like Sean Salisbury talking to John Clayton. he wants to play in a 3-4, thats why hes being contacted by 3-4 teams. if im not mistaken he put the giants name out there a 4-3 team. porter can play in any system a great athlete is a great athlete. i love you guys who watch alot of nfl live and read online and think your expert sports writers.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:18 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
i feel like Sean Salisbury talking to John Clayton. he wants to play in a 3-4, thats why hes being contacted by 3-4 teams. if im not mistaken he put the giants name out there a 4-3 team. porter can play in any system a great athlete is a great athlete. i love you guys who watch alot of nfl live and read online and think your expert sports writers.
If he was like you said, Timlin would have kept him because supposedly they are going to a 4-3, Tampa 2 in cover schemes. If he was that good, he would be on the team. After all they have no problem keeping Bettis, who took a paycut. If they had use for Joey, they would have signed him for less, and he would be plugged into that system, but he wasnt. If he played in a 4-3 system he may have a chance to do well, but the fact remains, his whole image and production came in a 3-4, so it makes no sense for him to leave. Not to mention the probability of him doing well in a 4-3 wont be good because of the intial learning curve.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

There is a huge difference between Joey Porter playing in a Tampa 2 4-3 defense and our 4-3 defense. You are right he isn't the best fit if Pitt is switching to a Tampa 2. Also I doubt of any learning curve Porter would have. It would be no less of him coming from one 4-3 team to another. This is a seasoned veteran. He'll be able to pick it up.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:33 AM    (permalink
hugepunch
Rookie

#1 why would porter take a pay cut when he was just talking about taking the most money to help his family (why are you comparing bettis to porter bettis was at the end of his career) and 2 im done talking about this cuz its like talking to a brick wall, i cant get through no matter what i say.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
#1 why would porter take a pay cut when he was just talking about taking the most money to help his family (why are you comparing bettis to porter bettis was at the end of his career) and 2 im done talking about this cuz its like talking to a brick wall, i cant get through no matter what i say.
We all def feel the same way, good. We can agree to disagree and move the f on!
Old 03-05-2007, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

The only problem I would have with signing Porter is the market. He will probably cost a whole lot with 5 years I'm guessing. I'd like to get him maybe for 3 years at around 4-4.5 a year. But that isn't happening.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:46 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
The only problem I would have with signing Porter is the market. He will probably cost a whole lot with 5 years I'm guessing. I'd like to get him maybe for 3 years at around 4-4.5 a year. But that isn't happening.

With Adalius Thomas getting $10 million per season, I can't see Porter getting anything less than $7 million per season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
With Adalius Thomas getting $10 million per season, I can't see Porter getting anything less than $7 million per season.
I don't know how true this is but I just read the Dolphins are favored to get him right now and most likely at around 5 million per season.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know how true this is but I just read the Dolphins are favored to get him right now and most likely at around 5 million per season.
Anything to keep him away from us quite frankly. We need more character in our locker room. Joey Porter does nothing but let our developing talent rot on the bench. Im hoping we don't get him.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Anything to keep him away from us quite frankly. We need more character in our locker room. Joey Porter does nothing but let our developing talent rot on the bench. Im hoping we don't get him.
Unless the move to SLB for Kiwi is 100% accurate, we have no developing talent at SLB.