Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-05-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
no, just...no

he hasn't even been our best CB, Ross is our stud-muffin
I love Ross, but Webster has been out playing him this season. And I've been a big critic of Websters since his sophomore season, I liked the pick because he was a big strong physical playmaker, but I was convinced his lack of quickness and poor hip swivel would prevent him from excelling as an NFL corner, he's proven me wrong his past 10 games. Webster's been on another level than ross this season and if he keeps it up he'll be a top 10 corner. Now Ross could be a top 10 corner in a few years, but right now Webster's well ahead of him.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, just...no

he hasn't even been our best CB, Ross is our stud-muffin
Nah, Webster has been all-around better this year, Ross was getting owned by Housh last week although half of that was Dockery playing on Housh.

Webster has shutdown every receiver he has been up against, he is our #1 corner, he lines up against the #1 receivers and continued his stellar play today against Seattle.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 03:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Nah, Webster has been all-around better this year, Ross was getting owned by Housh last week although half of that was Dockery playing on Housh.

Webster has shutdown every receiver he has been up against, he is our #1 corner, he lines up against the #1 receivers and continued his stellar play today against Seattle.
everyone plays stellar against seattle...

Webster still doesn't have the ball skills to become a top 10 CB. not at all. He's played a little better than Ross, but not by all that much. Ross is a more talented CB. He had a bad game against whosyourmomma, but that's understandable. Webster looks good, but isn't, and doesn't have the potential to be top 10.

Ross is the complete package, SPags LOVES him on blitzes, he makes plays on the ball and is an excellent tackler. He hasn't been spectacular thus far, but has been damn good. Both are top 30 CBs, or will be within the next year or so, possibly pushing for top 20(Mainly Ross)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
everyone plays stellar against seattle...

Webster still doesn't have the ball skills to become a top 10 CB. not at all. He's played a little better than Ross, but not by all that much. Ross is a more talented CB. He had a bad game against whosyourmomma, but that's understandable. Webster looks good, but isn't, and doesn't have the potential to be top 10.

Ross is the complete package, SPags LOVES him on blitzes, he makes plays on the ball and is an excellent tackler. He hasn't been spectacular thus far, but has been damn good. Both are top 30 CBs, or will be within the next year or so, possibly pushing for top 20(Mainly Ross)
We aren't talking about potential to be top ten... we are talking about through the first 5 games whose performances are top ten. Ross let up 8 recs on Bobby Engram, while Webster let up 3 to Branch.

I love Ross, but through our first 4 games, Webster has outplayed him, obviously Ross has the speed, the size, the ball skills, and the cover skills to be a top ten corner in the league, but through 4 games Webster is our best corner, and his performances at least in my eyes make him top ten through five.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(Fill in top corner on your team) is obviously the best.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
If Webster keeps doing what he's been doing all season he'll have a legit case for making the top 10.
Webster a top ten CB? As Scotty pointed out he's not even the best on the Giants. Come on.
I think this thread should be titled " name a CB on your team and say they're elite". Suddenly, there are 32 shutdown corner backs in the NFL.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carlos Rogers would be in top discussions if he didn't have rock hands.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderFan View Post
Hall and Cromartie do the same thing but hall get bashed when he gives 5 passes on MNF and Cromartie get better when he gives up 11 passes to the same team. .........Truly amazing.
Very true. Last year he was lockdown but before that he was very much like Cromartie, give up completions but also make big plays.

I haven't watched him much this year, but I did see an amazing pick against the Bills.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the Falcons, Brent Grimes has been a disappointment. He is always in good position and is a great athlete, but he doesn't have the size. A NFL quality CB, but not what I thought he would be.

Chris Houston on the other hand has improved vastly. He hasn't been targeted every other play like last year and even has an interception for a touchdown, even if it was a gimmy. Very, very physical, sometimes too physical. But he is getting better.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Because I understand... that... you know... the Raiders suck, but he has been average, he has not been brimming with excellence, he hasn't been bad, and I guess you can make the case then why I put Bailey there, and that is because I have seen more of him I guess, and I have some respect for him, and I agree that from last year Scrabble is the best corner in the league, but through these first 5 games... no...
Average? He has had the ball thrown to him twice in 4 games... 1 he batted away and the other he forced a fumble.

And lol at you getting angry that im right so you have to bring the Raiders into this.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Last edited by bernbabybern820 : 10-05-2008 at 10:55 PM.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Webster a top ten CB? As Scotty pointed out he's not even the best on the Giants. Come on.
I think this thread should be titled " name a CB on your team and say they're elite". Suddenly, there are 32 shutdown corner backs in the NFL.
Webster was really good in last years playoffs and he's playing shutdown ball as our number 1. Ross has shown plenty of flashes and has versatility but Webster has been on another level, he's really been having a great season.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

So much of a corner's play is based on the pass-rush that I am hesitant to make any list.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
So much of a corner's play is based on the pass-rush that I am hesitant to make any list.
Exactly.

It is so hard to judge a corners play because you don't see them every play and most INTs are a direct result of a rushed throw anyways.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Ike Taylor..

But wow, Bryant McFadden is setting himself up for a HUGE FA contraft. The guy is physical, he can handle the big WR's and can man up the small quick ones, always in position to make the breakup or INT.

I would love to see what he can do playing more Man2Man.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 04:20 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I love Ike Taylor..

But wow, Bryant McFadden is setting himself up for a HUGE FA contraft. The guy is physical, he can handle the big WR's and can man up the small quick ones, always in position to make the breakup or INT.

I would love to see what he can do playing more Man2Man.
ur like the steelers blindsite

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Jonny
Veteran

Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.Jonny is a cocksman.

Corey Webster and Aaron Ross have both looked very good.
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:59 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
LMAO 11 names and not one mentions the best corner in the league Aso.
He hasn't been that good this year.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:15 AM    (permalink
eazyb81
All-Pro

eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.eazyb81 is a cocksman.

Cortland Finnegan is an absolute stud. Awesome ball skills, covers WRs like glue, and can lay the hammer down in the open field. Titans got so lucky with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown

If Chase Daniel finishes top 5 in the Heisman I'll cut my balls off.

2008 COTTON BOWL CHAMPIONS
eazyb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think through 5 games, Corey Webster's name should be mentioned as up there.

Some clarification on the Giants in my opinion: Corey Webster is our best CB. He has been nothing but lights out the entire season so far. He covers the #1 target on the other team, and completely shuts them down. He gets dirty in the run game too. The only thing missing from his resume is turnovers. But he blankets WRs. I believe the most yards he's given up himself in 4 games has been like 30 yards. He's a shutdown CB.

That catch by Holt btw, was on a zone coverage (i believe Cover 2), the onus was on the safety (Phillips), but moreso, give props to Holt for making an amazing catch that shouldve never been caught.

Ross btw, is also developing into a stud, but a different kind of stud. He's also shutdown, but will occasionally give some underneath routes to his man. But he's also more versatile, with his ability to blitz, and has better ball skills when the ball is in the air. Both compliment each other very well, and remind me of the old Philly duo of Lito and Brown.

The Giants CBs are quietly developing into one of the better duos in the league, and in my eyes, the most underrated duo in the league. Unlike last year when our defense was primarily all about our pass rush, this year, our coverage is 10X better, and our pass rush isn't as great, yet we're yielding similar results, primarily bc of our much much improved pass coverage across the board.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
661rep
Rookie

661rep hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Asomugha is still the man and QB's still don't throw his way. I've only seen 3 passes thrown his way and none of them were complete except for one and he forced the fumble from lee evans. It's so sad to see QB's picking on the 70 million dollar man and not even looking Aso's way.
661rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
ur like the steelers blindsite
u like.. add nothing to the discussion.

I said neither was elite. Ike Taylor has been a pretty shut down corner running back to 2005. Underrated? Sure.. I think he's probably in the 10-13 range in all honesty.

Bryant McFadden is looking at a huge contract. Watch the games. Dude is phenomenal.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would have to say its hard to argue against champ....having him healthy and no naggin groin injuries

A very telling sign was a graphic that was displayed last game

he has only been thrown at 11 times, with no completions and no touchdowns alowed.....and not to mention the many tackles he makes on the running backs

he has lived up to the billing of being SHUTDOWN
Old 10-07-2008, 04:25 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've watched a ton of football so far this year, and the best CB I've seen, fwiw, has been Shawn Springs. Which is interesting, because I distinctly remember having a heated discussion two years ago with a few Skins fans, in which I insisted that the dude was past his prime and going down hill fast. He has blown me away. He played bump and run with TO, TO!, and held him in check for most of the game. Aside from that, he was also excellent against Boldin (and Fitzgerald, when he was on him), and didn't give any plays up against NO for the few minutes when I was watching that game.

Among others that have caught my eye, are Finnegan (obviously), Woodson (duh, but he's been phenomenal all around, truly), Carlos Rogers (the guy is a talent, and if he can stay on the field, he could emerge as a top tier CB down the road), Cromartie (he's been pooh), Flowers (was good the first few games, but got schooled vs. the Panthers) and Jacquez Reeves (still horrible).

As a sidenote, I haven't been following the Broncos defense too closely, just mainly watching as they roll out the red carpet for whatever offense they happen to be facing that day, but I am extremely skeptical about Champ being anything remotely close to shut-down with the way they've been walked all over so far this year. Again, I have no Champ-specific stats or even anecdotes to cite, but it doesn't sound right to me.

That is all.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 04:34 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and for the guy who asked about Newman, he has been plagued by a groin/abdominal/don't-know-wtf injury since the first week of training camp. Missed all of preseason and camp, and the first game of the season before playing on the nickel in our second game. He had a decent game against GB in the 3rd game, but proceeded to have what (by virtue of a general cowboy fan consensus) was almost certainly the worst game of his career against the Redskins. He then went back on the injury report and didn't play against Cinncy, and underwent further tests today to determine what the cause of the dysfunction and pain could be. There are whispers that he could miss significant time.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:33 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn Springs has been lights out this year. Hes playing like hes 25 years old again. Which is good for him, Ive always liked him.

But lets for a moment look at one of his fellow Ohio State Alums. Right now, Antoine Winfield is absolutely dominating. I have watched a few Vikings games this year, and he has stood out in both. Sure he may get burned every now and then, but I honestly have never seen a CB hit like him. He hits like a LB. Not to mention the amount of game changing plays he has this year. Dude is playing lights out atm and its good to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote