Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-02-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Offensive Line Situation

While reviewing the various sports sites for the latest buzz on free agents I came across Len Pasquarelli's Sleeper Free Agent list:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2784447

Anyway I came across the name of Marc Columbo the Tackle recently of the Cowboys. He's 6'8" 320 lbs and only 28 years old. He may be worth a look at during free agency in case Pashos is serious about the interest he's generating. Another interesting name on there was Al Johnson also from the Cowboys who was a former 2nd round pick and was the center of the future for them until Gurode got a chance and took over the position. I'm not sure if we are considering releasing Flynn over the summer or not but if we could get Johnson on the cheap we could leave both Jason Brown and Chris Chester at the Guard position as they should good comfortability there when both in the lineup.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Columbo could be a viable option if he comes cheap. We all know that Ozzie likes those cheap stopgap guys at RT. Just get by baby, that's Ozzies OL philosophy. That's all if all this stuff about Pashos is true, though it seems to be unfortunately.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey man at this point as long as they can pass/run block there good enough for me. Open a hole for the back and keep the QB clean and whoever it is will get no grief from me....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Oh I'm not disagreeing. A rookie likely won't be much better, regardless of who it is.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Well Tony's gone, bring on Columbo!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-02-2007, 01:26 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony's gone bring on Joe Staley!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Tony's gone bring on Joe Staley!!!
There are better talents to be had in the 1st. I don't like us taking a guy just because Pashos is gone, I think we should look at FA's and Terry and go in that direction. Starting a rookie on a team looking to win the SB next year would definitely hurt us. I think we should look at who is cheap, a solid run blocker and not total crap, and then draft somebody in rds 3-5 for the future.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Staleys a great option started his career as a TE he is a very agile guy... and can still pack on another 15-25 lbs on his frame... and hangin with Terry and JO he won't have a problem doing that !! I think we need to ad another guard in the mold and Flynn leaving is not an option yet I don't think...Jason Brown is the backup and I think Chester needs a little more seasoning... I think we need ad another OG to the fold...Manuel Ramirez he is a BEAST !
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

I decided to give this thread a bump because now that Pashos is gone I'm getting more used to the idea of Columbo as a stop-gap. For one thing, he's definitely going to be better than any rookie we take at 29, perhaps a crucial point when you have a vet team trying to contend, and for another he might come pretty cheap. I also don't like the idea of spending our first round pick on a reach (I consider Staley just that at 29) just because we lost somebody.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohleive View Post
I decided to give this thread a bump because now that Pashos is gone I'm getting more used to the idea of Columbo as a stop-gap. For one thing, he's definitely going to be better than any rookie we take at 29, perhaps a crucial point when you have a vet team trying to contend, and for another he might come pretty cheap. I also don't like the idea of spending our first round pick on a reach (I consider Staley just that at 29) just because we lost somebody.
I have to agree I think that reaching is not a good strategy for us in the draft we have never followed that and shouldnt start now. I would rather see us go after someone like Jarvis Moss or a Brandon Merriweather or a Jon Beason. I think 2nd round will be the best place to start building up backups for the OL.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Troj2man
Rookie

Troj2man hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't be surprised if Adam Terry is your starting RT week 1. I know there's talk about him being strictly a LT, but Eric Decosta did an interview this past week, and said Terry could very well be the starter at RT.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:18 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

The longer it takes Colombo to sign, the more it looks like he is staying with the Cowboys. We still has his offer on the table, and he is trying to find something better, but it looks like it isn't happening.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT: Jonathon Ogden
LG: Jason Brown (Mulitalo if he returns)
C: Chris Chester
RG: Keydrick Vincent
RT: Adam Terry

That line doesnt seem THAT bad. Theres alot of potential there. Our front office knew what they were doing when they drafted these guys. I think we will be fine even if we dont address line in this draft. If JO walks we must address the line this year or sign a cheap veteran.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:25 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
LT: Jonathon Ogden
LG: Jason Brown (Mulitalo if he returns)
C: Chris Chester
RG: Keydrick Vincent
RT: Adam Terry

That line doesnt seem THAT bad. Theres alot of potential there. Our front office knew what they were doing when they drafted these guys. I think we will be fine even if we dont address line in this draft. If JO walks we must address the line this year or sign a cheap veteran.
Mulitalo is being asked to take a pay cut and a backup role to Jason Brown so Im thinkin Mulitalo will either be back and on the bench or cut.

Something else, I just saw a mock that had us taking Ryan Kalil in rd 1. And at first I was kinda not to into it, but when you think about the fact that Chester played very well at OG last year, and the thought that Kalil could be a special C it doesnt seem like such a bad idea....

LT: Ogden (preferably Terry at LT, JO at RT, but for the sake of argument)
LG: Brown
C: Kalil
RG: Chester
RT: Terry

That seems a pretty solid line right there.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-05-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be a lot of youth and potential on our offensive line.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
That would be a lot of youth and potential on our offensive line.
Well that would give some extreme hope for the future IMO which is a very good thing.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-05-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Mulitalo is being asked to take a pay cut and a backup role to Jason Brown so Im thinkin Mulitalo will either be back and on the bench or cut.

Something else, I just saw a mock that had us taking Ryan Kalil in rd 1. And at first I was kinda not to into it, but when you think about the fact that Chester played very well at OG last year, and the thought that Kalil could be a special C it doesnt seem like such a bad idea....

LT: Ogden (preferably Terry at LT, JO at RT, but for the sake of argument)
LG: Brown
C: Kalil
RG: Chester
RT: Terry

That seems a pretty solid line right there.
Well its about time somebody agrees with my secondary point from the initial post. And like I knew it would be a fellow Boller supporter! :D I am definitely in favor of leaving Brown and Chester in the Guards positions and that way dealing with Big Ed and the contracts of Flynn and Vincent. When I finally get that front office position with the Ravens I'm bringing ERU with me as a condition of employment... :D :D :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-05-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Well its about time somebody agrees with my secondary point from the initial post. And like I knew it would be a fellow Boller supporter! :D I am definitely in favor of leaving Brown and Chester in the Guards positions and that way dealing with Big Ed and the contracts of Flynn and Vincent. When I finally get that front office position with the Ravens I'm bringing ERU with me as a condition of employment... :D :D :D
Im down for that business! We'll make this franchise a dynasty for many years!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 03-05-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troj2man View Post
Don't be surprised if Adam Terry is your starting RT week 1. I know there's talk about him being strictly a LT, but Eric Decosta did an interview this past week, and said Terry could very well be the starter at RT.
I would love for this to happen. If Terry can finally man the right side it would be a much better option than Columbo in my eyes.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Hey Columbo is a former 1st rd talent and didnt do too bad in Big D last year...I mean with a meat head name like Columbo how could you not want to have a blue collar guy like him grinding it out for us up front...he isnt a bad solution but we need to clear some cap room..so we have some wiggle room if another good situation fell in our lap.