Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Yeah..**** all those dead, tortured, and mutilated dogs, we don't get to see a guy run with a football anymore. Life just isn't fair.

My entertainment>dogs.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I rest my case.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
My entertainment>dogs.
Apparently Mike Vick thought that too.

Considering his entertainment was drowning dogs using 10 gallon buckets of water.

Mike Vick's entertainment > dogs
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I rest my case.
DID YOU NOT SEE THE HIGHLIGHTZ CLIP I POSTED? DAT>DOGZ.
Old 10-12-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah..**** all those dead, tortured, and mutilated dogs, we don't get to see a guy run with a football anymore. Life just isn't fair.
I was sad I wasn't able to see him play any more, I didn't say I wasn't deeply disappointed, sickened and angry.

You should think before you post.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I was sad I wasn't able to see him play any more, I didn't say I wasn't deeply disappointed, sickened and angry.

You should think before you post.
You said, and I quote "I was sad when he was found out to be such a douche bag with the dog fighting, not because of the dogs.....but because I wouldn't get to see one of the most amazing open field runners do his thing in the NFL anymore"

It's sad that I understand your own words more than you do. Maybe you didn't choose your words carefully enough, but that is exactly what you said.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:08 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You said, and I quote "I was sad when he was found out to be such a douche bag with the dog fighting, not because of the dogs.....but because I wouldn't get to see one of the most amazing open field runners do his thing in the NFL anymore"

It's sad that I understand your own words more than you do. Maybe you didn't choose your words carefully enough, but that is exactly what you said.
The words are fine, your interpretation is off.

My being sad because I can't see him play anymore doesn't infer anything on my opinion about him and dog fighting, only that his treatment of the animals didn't make me sad, which it doesn't it made me disappointed, disgusted and annoyed.

No where in that statement does it imply or mean that I don't give a **** that he's a criminal. More than once I've posted here saying he deserves to be rotting in prison...

You interpreted my post incorrectly.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
The words are fine, your interpretation is off.

I said I was said, not because of the dogs, but because I wouldn't get to see him play any more.

No where in that statement does it imply or mean that I don't give a **** that he's a criminal. More than once I've posted here saying he deserves to be rotting in prison...

You interpreted my post incorrectly.
1) You were sad.

2) Not because of the dead and mutilated dogs.

3) Because you could not see him play football anymore.

This does more than implies, it directly states, two main points. You were sad because you enjoyed watching him play football and could not do so anymore. You were indifferent to his criminal activity, or at least to the point that it did not sadden you. You actually go out of your way to point out that the dead dogs were not the reason you were sad.

Come on...it's really not that hard. I really don't even care what makes you sad. But your inability to understand the structure of the English language is just bothersome.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think BF51 is right. Blindsite was sad when he found out Vick was a douche bag, but not for the dog killing. He was sad because he couldn't see him play.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
1) You were sad.

2) Not because of the dead and mutilated dogs.

3) Because you could not see him play football anymore.

This does more than implies, it directly states, two main points. You were sad because you enjoyed watching him play football and could not do so anymore. You were indifferent to his criminal activity, or at least to the point that it did not sadden you. You actually go out of your way to point out that the dead dogs were not the reason you were sad.

Come on...it's really not that hard. I really don't even care what makes you sad. But your inability to understand the structure of the English language is just bothersome.
You want to question my grasp of the english language when you're inferring things I did not say.

1. You're taking my not feeling sorrow for animals as a lack of care. That, is false.

2. You're trying to say that I cared more about not being able to watch Vick play than I did about his crimes. That, is also false.

You, are projecting, not comprehending.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could people compare him to Leaf? They couldn't be more different.

Leaf was immature, dumb, and had a rocket arm.

Ryan is mature, smart, but lacked elite arm strength.

my issues with him coming out were decision making, and his lack of arm strength. turns out i underestimated the sucktitude that surrounded him that effected his game.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today's gonna be a HUGE test for Ryan. HUGE.

He either comes crashing back down to earth as a rookie with promise who will need time to develop, or he'll be on his way to becoming possibly the most effective rookie qb since Ben Roethlisberger.

HUGE game.

Not to mention, a W against the Bears will give that entire Falcon team a TON of confidence that they can make the playoffs this year with this guy under center.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Today's gonna be a HUGE test for Ryan. HUGE.

He either comes crashing back down to earth as a rookie with promise who will need time to develop, or he'll be on his way to becoming possibly the most effective rookie qb since Ben Roethlisberger.

HUGE game.

Not to mention, a W against the Bears will give that entire Falcon team a TON of confidence that they can make the playoffs this year with this guy under center.

I agree. Plus this is yet another look at the Tampa/Cover 2 for him. It's a tough defense for rookies, but this is the third time I believe.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree. Plus this is yet another look at the Tampa/Cover 2 for him. It's a tough defense for rookies, but this is the third time I believe.
The Bears don't really run the Tampa2 though. They blitz much more than a Tampa 2 and don't drop back into the cover two nearly as much as they used to.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Nathan Vasher is out, which means we'll probably play even more man than usual.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
The Bears don't really run the Tampa2 though. They blitz much more than a Tampa 2 and don't drop back into the cover two nearly as much as they used to.
Fourth. Detroit, Kansas City, Tampa Bay, and now the Bears.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My entertainment>dogs.
Truth!

For me anyways haha. Just kidding, kind of.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free Mike Vick!
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Free Mike Vick!

Yes. 2 QBs in the backfield. Snap it to one or the other. Mike can run or launch one deep, and Ryan can handle all the intermediate routes. Amazing.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
++, way too much blitzing to be considered pure.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll also admit I was completely wrong about Ryan, I thought me made poor decisions i college and goot away with it and his arm was overrated. But he's playing very well right now and the Falcons couldn't be more suprising.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan has arrived.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Matt Ryan is the MAN!!!

OMG that was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.

Old 10-12-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add me in, I didn't think he was this good too.

He is a Manning cousin, like I said.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:33 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea he's pretty damn good. Some of those throws were ridiculous. He's got "it."

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote