Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:36 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to shamelessly bump this thread to the top, but its 3:20 AM and I am writing an essay (so needless to say, i dont care).

Here is one helluva statistic for Matt Ryan.

7.8 YPA.

That is a terrific YPA for any QB, let alone a rookie. His 7.8 places him at #6 in the NFL, above the likes of Jay Cutler, Brett Favre, and Peyton Manning.

One of the biggest problems with young QBs (veterans even) is the fact that they are to afraid to take shots downfield. Guys like David Carr, Alex Smith, and Joey Harrington had that problem and despite decent physical tools, they came out as busts. Matt Ryan shows that he is not at all afraid of taking shots downfield and making big plays with his arm.

Here is the YPA of some other QBs in their rookie season (of 1st season starting).

P. Manning: 6.5 (career, 7.6)
Brady: 6.9 (career, 7.2)
Brees: 6.2 (career, 7.2)
Warner: 8.7 (career, 8.1) [holy ****. his 00 season, he averaged 9.9 yards per attempt. thats basically a first down every time he dropped back...]
Cutler: 7.3 (career, 7.5)
McNabb: 5.9 (career, 6.8)
Favre: 6.9 (career, 7.0)

Ill add the bad QBs later.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons could legitimately win that division. Its not over yet.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre 7.0 career YPA is a bit surprising for someone hailed as a gunslinger.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well his YPCompletion might be higher

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am in love with matt ryan.....seriously, how awesome is this guy. and i agree BBD, Falcons can easily take the division. Between Turner, Ryan, and Roddy White they have an incredibly potent offense.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised no one mentioned how easy their schedule has been.

The one Falcon that has really impressed me is Michael Turner. Wow. Just wow.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 08:47 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
i am in love with matt ryan.....seriously, how awesome is this guy. and i agree BBD, Falcons can easily take the division. Between Turner, Ryan, and Roddy White they have an incredibly potent offense.
Posts like these make me so happy...I might cry
Old 11-24-2008, 08:52 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Yes we have played 3 of the worst teams in the NFL, but so has everyone else in our divsion, and none the less we stopped them, and we were "supposed" to be the worst team in the NFL this year so give us some credit. We did beat a decent GB team on the road, crushed a Panthers team that were considered to be top 5 in the NFL. Held Drew Brees and the Saints in check w/ a decisive win.

I mean nobody is saying anything about the Cardinals and how ridiculous what they call a division over there.

Anyway, ya Im a homer, but what can you do?? You can only beat who is in front of you. It not like we picked who we were gonna play.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

turner has bee good. early in the season he was only doing it against the not-so-good teams, but against carolina.....damn! I love this team, I really do. By far my 2nd favorite team in the NFL. I cant help but root for them.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Considering I thought Ryan was going to be a bust, to say the least he has proven me wrong.

But the unsung hero on the Falcons is Michael Turner. He leads the league in rushing TDs right now and has been a major catalyst for this team's success.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

I hope im not the only one that believes their schedule is the reason for the success of the NFC South, at least a part of it.

They faced the ******* NFC North and AFC West both #3 and #2 worst divisions in football

Old 11-25-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I hope im not the only one that believes their schedule is the reason for the success of the NFC South, at least a part of it.

They faced the ******* NFC North and AFC West both #3 and #2 worst divisions in football
They also dominated most of the teams from the NFC North and AFC West, along with having some very close/impressive wins. You can't really take away from the team because of that. They even had some dominant home wins against the Saints and Panthers.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-25-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

im not saying that they are not good. but come on, everyone can beat on the AFC West and the NFC North. Both could sent a 8-8 division champion

Old 11-25-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
turner has bee good. early in the season he was only doing it against the not-so-good teams, but against carolina.....damn! I love this team, I really do. By far my 2nd favorite team in the NFL. I cant help but root for them.
I find it much easier to take the Falcons now that they have that overrated POS Vick off their team. See what happens when have an honest to goodness QB on your team instead of a RB who has a strong arm. Not too many second guessers re: Ryan over Dorsey in April.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
im not saying that they are not good. but come on, everyone can beat on the AFC West and the NFC North. Both could sent a 8-8 division champion
It took TB overtime to beat KC. We beat them 38-14.
TB was down 17-0 against DET. CAR went down 10-0 against DET. We beat them 34-21.
Delhomme threw 4 interceptions and Carolina beat the Raiders 17-6. We beat them 24-0 and held them to 77 total yards.

The fact stands as such: Falcons dominate lesser opponents. They do not go down early and do not merely survive possible scares. They come out prepared for the game and dominate throughout. They fare well against average-good teams, seeing a close game against Philly (when they were decent), thrashing of the Saints and Panthers, and a game against Denver which could have been won had it not been for the dropped pass, and solid wins over the Bears and Packers. Their 2 biggest losses came in Week 2 and Week 4, both against 2 of the best NFC teams on the road. As a young team with a rookie HC, a rookie QB, and tons of new starters, this team is improving each game and are really starting to gel.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

im bashing the whole NFC South for having easy opponents not only the Falcons. Besides, u got to beat on them early with Croyle, Hall and just a horrible horrible Lions team

Old 11-25-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I admit that the Falcons are gonna be one of the teams i enjoy watching most over the next few years. Matt Ryan is a joy to see, and if they can get a few playmakers in that defense to help Abe, they're gonna surprise people next year.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I admit that the Falcons are gonna be one of the teams i enjoy watching most over the next few years. Matt Ryan is a joy to see, and if they can get a few playmakers in that defense to help Abe, they're gonna surprise people next year.
I might be developing expectations for this team already. They control their destiny, and with a manageable schedule left, I might just be disappointed if they do not make playoffs. I am sure I will get over it soon, but to be even thinking about this is exciting. When you have the RotY QB, shoe-in for Executive of the Year, and one of the leading candidates for HC of the Year, you know you have a damn good foundation. The sky is the limit for this team.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well we have to break the back to back winning season curse first LOL

I do have to admit the point about the weakness of the AFC West and NFC North should be noted. Im curious how this team will do in the late season playoff race.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess the real upside of this season for me personally is I no longer have to spend any of my time convincing people that Michael Turner would make a killer feature back.

Matty Ice is Nice. Easily the best rookie campaign for a QB since Ben, and he's doing more than Ben did that season. I think he goes down this week though. Maybe I'm a little biased. :D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:34 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I guess the real upside of this season for me personally is I no longer have to spend any of my time convincing people that Michael Turner would make a killer feature back.

Matty Ice is Nice. Easily the best rookie campaign for a QB since Ben, and he's doing more than Ben did that season. I think he goes down this week though. Maybe I'm a little biased. :D
With that 32nd ranked pass D that allows a 69% rate and a 96.0 QB rating? You betcha ;)

Old 11-25-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
With that 32nd ranked pass D that allows a 69% rate and a 96.0 QB rating? You betcha ;)
Should be a good game IMO. Can't discount our D actually playing with some emotion since Ted Cottrell got sacked. I thought they stood up pretty well against the Colts, just got asked to make one stop too many.

Last edited by CC.SD : 11-25-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Should be a good game IMO. Can't discount our D actually playing with some emotion since Ted Cottrell got sacked. I thought they stood up pretty well against the Colts, just got asked to make one stop too many.
Yeah I think so too. Hopefully the team doesnt get too caught up and performs well on the road. It will be hard to get away from there with a W.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:27 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
who's coming with me?

i don't care about stats. i don't care about his completion percentage, his ints, any of that. you can spot talent. Matt Ryan has it. he actually reminds me an awful lot of Eli Manning. he's a mix of Eli and Ben, for better or for worse.

he's going to be a very good qb. i was wrong. i thought he'd suck. and im willing to jump on his bandwagon already. ive seen enough to proclaim him as legit.
This is exactly why you jump on every bandwagon

joking

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
This is exactly why you jump on every bandwagon

joking
and this is probably why you have so much neg rep.