Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: What team has the best ST without Returning?
Chicago Bears 10 40.00%
Atlanta Falcons 0 0%
Buffalo Bills 9 36.00%
Others (please explain in the thread) 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was April the ST's coach in '97?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
April is a genius, I love the guy. But we've had a personnel dropoff from last year (No more Josh Stamer, Mario Haggan, Coy Wire). McGee is no longer returning kicks and Parrish has been sidelined. Moorman and Lindell are still very good, but it's not us right now.

I might have to give it to Jacksonville for right now. I know their coverage has been unreal for at least two years, and Scobee has had a great year so far. Not sure how Podlesh has been, but I've been impressed from everything I've caught from them.

PS: Dustin Colquitt
Take down your sig.

Now.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Take down your sig.

Now.
cant, homer challenge lost

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh

no.

This is not good. Damn homer challenge, why does everyone else have to suffer for the lost bet?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MATT STOVER! the ageless wonder :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all know after last night that the Vikings have the best special teams....

But to give credit where credit is due, Ryan Longwell is straight cash homey. He's made like 40 in a row from 45 yards and in.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Was April the ST's coach in '97?
Not here, that was a while before we were blessed with him. New orleans or St. Louis, maybe.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not here, that was a while before we were blessed with him. New orleans or St. Louis, maybe.
O ok. I have the Bills '97 ST playbook which is 128 pages, and very well written, so I was wondering if it was him or another coaches book.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
O ok. I have the Bills '97 ST playbook which is 128 pages, and very well written, so I was wondering if it was him or another coaches book.
is bobby april a candidate for a HC job?

Old 10-07-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If I had to sport that sig, I wouldn't post at all. Just sayin man. Creeps me out.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
is bobby april a candidate for a HC job?
I don't know. I don't know his management style or anything like that so I can't comment on that. Too many times fans think because someone is a sick coordinator, that they will be a sick HC. Not always true. It comes down to who you surround yourself with, how the scouting department is, and most importantly organized you are.

One example is Tom Coughlin. You can do a case study on the guy, from how he changed his personality. The edition of the leadership council was paramount in his success. But he is very well organized and very, very detailed! That's the key, the ability to out work opposing coaches with your staff, and do ALL the little things they don't think of.

But no fan can really know if the a coach will be a good HC. Other coaches can know. I know from my staff who would be a good HC, and who wouldn't be. But that's because I am in the meetings with them and get to see how they interact with players.

I told my WR coach, who is a year or so older than me, that he will be a damn good coach one day. HC that is. Some games alone he was the impact coach who basically made us score. Fans talk about execution which is key obviously, but our coach noticed from being in the press box that the SS cheated when we aligned in trips formation, and would be initially always take his first step in, before reading and reacting. So he told the OC via the headset this, and run a play couple times to bait the SS, and then run playaction and go on top, and so we baited the SS, set him up, and he kept cheating, and cheating, and we ran playaction, froze him, and our WR ran past him for a TD.

I told him afterward that was a sick, sick observation! So just a little story who players get credit for plays, but you never know what coach saw something and told the OC to do that. That's why I love football, it's never 1 player or coach, it's everyone, including the coaches in the box on gameday! They are huge!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the Bears, easily. I'm not even looking at this from a biased view or anything, but from all the teams I have watched, none come close to the Bears.

If there was a stat for average starting field position for all the Bears opponents this year, I'm sure the Bears would be the top of the list.

Plus, this we have one of the most accurate kickers in the league, a punter who consistently drops opponents back in the 20, easily the best punt and field goal block units in the NFL, and the greatest return man to ever play the game.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Brad Maynard has the most Punts inside the 20 and most forced Fair catches

Old 10-08-2008, 09:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Brad Maynard has the most Punts inside the 20 and most forced Fair catches
He also has the most punts in the NFL, meaning their offense has alot of 3 and outs. So don't forget that, I still would take Feagles over Maynard. Feagles is a stud punter.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
He also has the most punts in the NFL, meaning their offense has alot of 3 and outs. So don't forget that, I still would take Feagles over Maynard. Feagles is a stud punter.
how is that Maynards fault?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
how is that Maynards fault?
I never said it was. But since you bring it up, I will say that more attempts you have at something the more chances you have at getting stats. Hence him putting up stats that are good is a function of him being good, and him getting alot of attempts.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

if the team has that many 3 and outs, how does he get so many in 20s?

Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
if the team has that many 3 and outs, how does he get so many in 20s?
I don't know I don't watch the games, but where is the field position when he is punting? That's a factor too. I am just saying when you have more attempts at something your stats across the board will be higher.

Take Brett F for example. He has the record for passing attempts, which means he will have the record for TDs, yards, Ints, and everything, just because when you have more chances at something your numbers will be higher across the board.

It's like if me and you had a free throw contest, and you had 10 shots, while I had 100. Even if you make 10/10, can I turn around and say I made more shots than you? The answer is no, because obviously I had a more chances, thus my stats will be higher.

Now don't confuse that with me saying he is not good, but all it means is that he is a good player, but also, has more attempts in the NFL, which isn't his fault, nor should it be, but that accounts for more chances to rack up stats.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

He is leading by only 1 attempt though. so its like i have 10 shots u have 11

Of his 31 attempts, 15 are In 20 and 10 are fair catches. thats a prety ood percentage

Old 10-08-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
He is leading by only 1 attempt though. so its like i have 10 shots u have 11

Of his 31 attempts, 15 are In 20 and 10 are fair catches. thats a prety ood percentage
Well I am talking about in general with stats. But our punter has only 13 attempts. Granted we have a bye week, but we don't really punt that much. If we don't score a TD it's usually a Carney FG.

Not to mention Giants fans know all about Brad M. We drafted the guy. I always liked him. We always had good punters. Sean Landata,Brad M, and now Feagles.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

im not saying that he is the best punter. But he is one of the better punters in the league given the fact he is playing in Chicago, which is really not easy to punt in.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
im not saying that he is the best punter. But he is one of the better punters in the league given the fact he is playing in Chicago, which is really not easy to punt in.
Yeah I can buy that. He had 30 something punts in the 20 for us too. But all I am saying is observe the field position of those punts.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's no brian moorman.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

im not saying that

Old 10-08-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im not saying that
I know. If you take out anything revolving around the return. Meaning KO returns and Punt Returns (on the defensive side)... I can think of a few teams that have an advantage. I mean, the bears CLEARLY have the best long snapper in the NFL right now in patrick man beast mannelly. The bears gunners are fantastic though. Garrett Wolfe leads with what? 8 tackles on ST? Garrett Wolfe. all 5 foot 6 of him. Danieal Manning mananges to reach the goal line before the ball last week and is sitting on the (unfortunately) goal line to stop it at the one and fails (but that's because he's a failure).

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote