Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pac Man at it again!

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ts-in-a-fight/

Anyone else not suprised.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just saw this on BBI, I'm betting you did too! haha

It IS pft, so I'm gonna wait before I believe it 100%, but no, I'm not surprised at all if true
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh...as long as charges aren't pressed then it doesn't really matter.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:35 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
For Adam it does. You know Goodell is going to be irate. Pacman is just a damn fool.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

**** me. ****.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

but he's a changed man........

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
just saw this on BBI, I'm betting you did too! haha

It IS pft, so I'm gonna wait before I believe it 100%, but no, I'm not surprised at all if true
I've seen multiple sources...someone posted it in the Cowboys forum a little while ago. No, I am not surprised. Luckily, we're prepared if something was to come of this. Nothing may come of it though, considering it was a scuffle w/ his own security.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right when he was starting to play well to.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Hasn't Goodell has suspended players in the past before charges are pressed? I'm pretty sure Pacman is on a short leash and there is zero tolerance regarding his bad behavior.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

The hotel wont comment on the incident. Hopefully jerry puts them on the pay roll. We need this thug.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I don't think this is going to turn out to be anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its actually not as big of a deal as we think.

Afterall, isn't this why they drafted Mike Jenkins to begin with? Time to earn that paycheck young man.

As for Pacman...what can you say really?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

And from what I have seen, Jones hasn't been playing all the great. A lot of missed tackles and he's been faked out on double routes routinely.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-08-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
And from what I have seen, Jones hasn't been playing all the great. A lot of missed tackles and he's been faked out on double routes routinely.
Some of that has got to be rust though. Im sure he'll improve steadily during the season, and will be a much better corner come playoff time.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
meh...it's been an up and down year. He did play great on Ocho Cinco and against the Bengals this past week, though. His best game yet. He's coming along, it's just going to take a while to shake off the rust...if he can stay on the field, that is.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-08-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Some of that has got to be rust though. Im sure he'll improve steadily during the season, and will be a much better corner come playoff time.
No doubt. It's just that the weaknesses in his game while in Tennessee are still there and I'm not sure he'll be the impact player they wanted. But hey, as a nickel back, you can't complain,
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-08-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We should also be happy that he has been able to come in and start w/ Newman down. I didnt think he'd be ready for something like that but, he hasnt been killing us or anything and looks to be improving by the week. Hopefully, this turns out to be nothing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
No doubt. It's just that the weaknesses in his game while in Tennessee are still there and I'm not sure he'll be the impact player they wanted. But hey, as a nickel back, you can't complain,
true.

I think Dallas fans have to be more worried about Wade Phillip's terrible coverages in his scheme more than anything else though.

Wade has always been great at creating pressure packages, but he's also always been terrible at drawing up coverages. You can have an all world secondary back there it wouldn't matter. Ask any Chargers fan.

You can pass on a Wade Phillips defense. Always have been able too. Unless the pass rush is ridiculous.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
true.

I think Dallas fans have to be more worried about Wade Phillip's terrible coverages in his scheme more than anything else though.

Wade has always been great at creating pressure packages, but he's also always been terrible at drawing up coverages. You can have an all world secondary back there it wouldn't matter. Ask any Chargers fan.

You can pass on a Wade Phillips defense. Always have been able too. Unless the pass rush is ridiculous.
Their pass rush has been lacking as well, which is why I would be confident to play them right now. Ware has been his normal dominant self, but outside of him, nobody scares me. If you have a solid pass blocking line and receivers that get open, putting 24+ points on them should be easy. But that secondary is capable of making huge plays if QBs are forced into making tough, quick decisions.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-08-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

For example...

BBD can you imagine the Giants had that secondary? Turnover central. But our secondary has lacked ball skills throughout the pass rush fest which has been the key reason they have stayed away from elite status as a whole.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Their pass rush has been lacking as well, which is why I would be confident to play them right now. Ware has been his normal dominant self, but outside of him, nobody scares me. If you have a solid pass blocking line and receivers that get open, putting 24+ points on them should be easy. But that secondary is capable of making huge plays if QBs are forced into making tough, quick decisions.
I think Ware and Ratliff have been beastly. Everyone else though has been average at best in that front 7.

Ellis is getting older, but still reliable. Spencer is hurt. I think theyre better then theyre playing though, and expect them to turn it around sooner or later.

That defense is ranked 14th in the league I believe. Theyre better than that.

What surprises me about that defense is, theyve taken a step back this year stopping the run. Theyve always been a great run stuffing defense. This year, theyre ranked 10 in the league in rush defense. That is what surprises me more than anything. Ive always felt you can throw on that defense. But run on it? Im a little perplexed by that stat.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ware hasnt been all that great this year actually...almost all of his sacks are coming in garbage time, when the outcome of the game has already been decided. Obviously, it's not all about sacks but, he hasnt been his usual dominant self in rushing the passer. It's been an inconsistant effort this season. He's been good but, not his normal self.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think Ware and Ratliff have been beastly. Everyone else though has been average at best in that front 7.

Ellis is getting older, but still reliable. Spencer is hurt. I think theyre better then theyre playing though, and expect them to turn it around sooner or later.

That defense is ranked 14th in the league I believe. Theyre better than that.

What surprises me about that defense is, theyve taken a step back this year stopping the run. Theyve always been a great run stuffing defense. This year, theyre ranked 10 in the league in rush defense. That is what surprises me more than anything. Ive always felt you can throw on that defense. But run on it? Im a little perplexed by that stat.
It's the slanting scheme Phillips runs. High risk, high reward.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
For example...

BBD can you imagine the Giants had that secondary? Turnover central. But our secondary has lacked ball skills throughout the pass rush fest which has been the key reason they have stayed away from elite status as a whole.
Well, honestly, this year ive been very disappointed with our pass rush. It isn't nearly as good as last year. However, we've made up for it with much improved pass coverage.

They don't create turnovers, but they do a great job covering. Id put our secondary vs theirs quite honestly. I think Webster is playing on an elite level, and Ross is just as good if not better than Henry/Jones/Jenkins.

And if/when Terrell Thomas gets healthy, I pit him against their nickel CB as well. Phillips is doing great, the only duck is James Butler. But he can't be any worse than Roy Williams or Keith Davis/Pat Watkins.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
It's the slanting scheme Phillips runs. High risk, high reward.
you mean in terms of run stuffing?