Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Number 2 FA CB?
Bryant McFadden 6 11.76%
Chris Gamble 43 84.31%
Other 2 3.92%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Number 2 Free Agent CB?

It is looking like Nmandi Asomugha is either due for a HUGE payday, or a franchise tag. For the sake of the thread, he is obviously the top FA CB.

So who do you guys believe will be the number 2 availble free agent cornerback in next year's free agent class? There are some good names out there that may also have some big bucks coming to them very soon. The Two top names that come to my mind right now are Bryant McFadden (Steelers) and Chris Gamble (Panthers).

Vote and explain!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always liked Chris Gamble and thought he was an underrated part of that Panthers D.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:17 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Gamble should be in the probowl based of his play so far this year. That being said, I expect him to be locked up long term.

The issue is we've got Gamble, Gross and Peppers a franchise DE, Tackle and CB. So the question is which two will we keep.

With only a second round pick, Gamble might just be the most expendable, considering we've got Ken Lucas who alternates depending on the week and the receiver between 1 and 2 corner and Richard Marshall who would realistically start on a lot of teams in the NFL at nickel.

I believe Fox will see Gross and peppers as more important than Gamble. It just depends which of the three wants to be a panther and who wants to travel.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Kelvin Hayden (if he's not resigned)
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:32 AM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gamble has played pretty well, this year and last year for a lot of it. If he does get away, he is the second biggest name out there.

The Panthers might choose to promote Marshall and draft someone to replace Lucas soon. I wish we could keep Gamble and start Marshall but he might cost too much for us to also sign Gross and Peppers.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McFadden has looked great for the Steelers. I'm really hoping they try to lock him up long term but I'm expecting him to hit the market.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerb929 View Post
I hope Hayden flies under the radar so the Colts can re-sign him to a reasonable deal.

I think the Colts will re-sign Hayden. Bill Polian will go for it imo, Hayden is the closest thing he's had to Antoine Winfield and he loves Winfield (but was too pricey to sign as a free agent).
Old 10-09-2008, 09:50 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After the Jason David debacle, I'm not sure anyone would want a Colts CB. I realize Hayden is very talented, but so was David.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
Old 10-09-2008, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
After the Jason David debacle, I'm not sure anyone would want a Colts CB. I realize Hayden is very talented, but so was David.
David is in a wrong system. He needs a Cover 2 team. Maybe the saints can trade him to the lions for a 3rd or something

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohh, that could help too.

Although Nick Harper has fared better in Tennessee, Colts' poachers that the Titans are. (Harper, David Thornton, Jake Scott, Ben Hartsock)
Old 10-09-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Chris Gamble should be in the probowl based of his play so far this year. That being said, I expect him to be locked up long term.

The issue is we've got Gamble, Gross and Peppers a franchise DE, Tackle and CB. So the question is which two will we keep.

With only a second round pick, Gamble might just be the most expendable, considering we've got Ken Lucas who alternates depending on the week and the receiver between 1 and 2 corner and Richard Marshall who would realistically start on a lot of teams in the NFL at nickel.

I believe Fox will see Gross and peppers as more important than Gamble. It just depends which of the three wants to be a panther and who wants to travel.
IMO, you guys let Gross go. There are a lot of OT depth compared to the other 2.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
David is in a wrong system. He needs a Cover 2 team. Maybe the saints can trade him to the lions for a 3rd or something
Jason David for a 3rd? The Saints would be lucky to get a Snickers bar in return for him.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:52 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Jason David for a 3rd? The Saints would be lucky to get a Snickers bar in return for him.
Exactly. They gave up a fourth rounder when he was a RFA, so why in the world would any team, even one as dumb as the Lions, give up a third rounder for him. A Snickers bar would be pushing it.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Exactly. They gave up a fourth rounder when he was a RFA, so why in the world would any team, even one as dumb as the Lions, give up a third rounder for him. A Snickers bar would be pushing it.
Yeah, Millens gone unless his replacement is a clone or worse.

I haven't seen Gamble or Hayden but.

I doubt Carolina lets Gamble walk, and I think Hayden may have the "Indy CB" Stigma.

McFadden should be playing Man as he's very physical, and great against the run. However he's doing solid in zone.

I just see him hitting the market and commanding a huge salary. Seeing what even Mediocre CB's and OG's are making on the open market, I can't see him re-signing cheap to stay in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry i meant 4th-5th Rounder

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would give someone a snicker bar to take Jason David off our hands, it's the only way we can stop the coaching staff from using him.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about Gamble but Mcfadden has been really solid for the steelers this year

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gamble has been INCREDIBLE this year. So, he is easily #2.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster has been very good this year and he'll be FA at the end of this year I think.

Just don't team him with Tim Lewis
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a big Chris Gamble fan, I would love for the Pats to pick him up this offseason. I think he is the top guy behind Asomugha. I would be thrilled if we could get McFadden too, he could actually be a better fit for our defense.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gamble will be tagged

He's going to get paid in 2010 for sure
Old 10-09-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Nnamdi leaves he's probably going to be payed 200 million dollars
Old 10-09-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gamble seems to be stepping up his game for that contract, and unless Scrabble comes out I think he will be the best corner available if he is not tagged himself. Gamble has played like a top 5 cornerback this year, if he keeps it up he is the probowl for sure, McFadden has been solid though, but that is it solid, not a huge playmaker or nothing but a very solid corner which is not bad.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think that you can put Hayden a head of Gamble. Don't get me wrong Hayden is a good player but I just don't think that he's as well rounded as gamble. I think that the best fit for Hayden would be to go to another team that that runs a base cover 2 scheme. the colts CBs that have gone to other teams and were asked to play a lot of man to man coverage have struggled a bit and i feel that Hayden would be no different. I'd imagine that their going to get similar deals so for the same amount of money I'd like the player who is more well rounded.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McFadden! Good tackler, physical.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote