Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Handing out Suspensions are not as easy to compare as other things. If you are looking for consistency, its kinda hard to see something like that after 1 year

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Popular + Ridiculous = More ratings.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Really. You complain it's becoming a joke, yet you still follow it so closely you have made nearly 6,000 posts on a forum that deals directly with the NFL. You're caught in the web stiller.
So, because I complain about the administration side, I can't enjoy the entertainment side?

Damn I thought I was on a forum to discuss Idea's and opinions. I guess i can only discuss others idea's and opinions. Sorry. Carry on.

and thirdly. I'm pretty sure this forum deals more directly with a subset of the NFL, the Draft. To which I'm very interested in following. None of the stuff I've pointed out has any relation to the draft or it's players.

But good job owning me there :)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Handing out Suspensions are not as easy to compare as other things. If you are looking for consistency, its kinda hard to see something like that after 1 year
Even so. When you look at it, there is no fine line or ANY consistency. Granted it's been 1 year but still.

I don't even want to play the race side of it but seriously.

Missed drug Test + DUI = Ruined Career (out 2 seasons)
Being accused of crimes = 1 season
Convicted of 2 DUI's = 4 games
Cutting Cocaine up in your car = 0 games
Taking PED's to make you a better player = 4 games.

to me, DUI's should be taken very seriously as your not only putting yourself in danger, you're putting others in danger.

But I guess if Leonard Little is still playing, they shouldn't suspend for DUI's.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes, but DUI dont really effect ur NFL play. its just the image. Goddell elects to suspend them. its not like he suspends one guy with DUI and one guy with a DUI doesnt

Old 10-09-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Epic

Homerism or not if Ward gets fined it should be clear what he got fined for.

Goodell has little consistency but, like others have pointed out, it is the early stages of "Player Conduct" infractions and his overall Image Enhancing process. Once these things have been going on for a few years there will be more consistency. At the very least the NFLPA will start challenging the punishments based on precedence from previous instances.

To say the DUI suspension = HGH use suspension means Goodell sees them as equal infractions in the eyes of the NFL or society as a whole is foolish. One is a violation of a defined rule with defined penalties (performance enhancers) and the other falls under the newly instituted (albeit poorly defined) "Player Conduct" rule.

But holy shnikies people, jumping down the OP's throat calling the entire thread homerism seems a bit unwarranted and extreme.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 10-09-2008 at 02:10 PM.
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
yes, but DUI dont really effect ur NFL play. its just the image. Goddell elects to suspend them. its not like he suspends one guy with DUI and one guy with a DUI doesnt
Ok, You get fined for making a slash the throat sign.

The NFL is all about image.

You think most peoples jobs are going to keep them on with DUI's?

You're argument is the worst I heard. You're saying they shouldn't be suspended for DUI's because it has no effect on their play?

You suspend a guy with 1 DUI to 2 years. another to 4 games and someone busted for Cocaine to no games.

Atleast Alochol is legal.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DUI isn't legal even if alcohol is.

I'm expecting Jones to get suspended at some point for the Coke.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

why dont u take the job of goddell then? u seem to have it all planned out and be alot better than him.

Im not saying that shouldnt suspend DUI guys, but rather that he elects to suspend them because of the image. If u take steroids or something, u will change the way u play and well it effects u, the guys that are playing and all those fans that are watching the game.

DUI and Performance enhancing substances are two different things. Goddell is not saying DUIs are as bad as those PES because he gives both of them the same time of suspension...

Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There defitnetly needs to be a set of rules this case by case stuff doesn't seem fair.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
There defitnetly needs to be a set of rules this case by case stuff doesn't seem fair.
Why? its the same stuff if u are arrested. Everything u do is case by case.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Why? its the same stuff if u are arrested. Everything u do is case by case.
If he's only suspending for Image. Why does it matter on a case by case basis?

He's obviously not "The Law" and they still have to atone to the local courts.

Which is why there is no reason for it to be handled case by case.

DUI = Set amount of time
2 DUIs = Set amount of time x4

It's not that hard to figure out.

Doesn't stop people from doing stuff if they feel that Good 'ol Goodell will let them off easy.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
why dont u take the job of goddell then? u seem to have it all planned out and be alot better than him.

Im not saying that shouldnt suspend DUI guys, but rather that he elects to suspend them because of the image. If u take steroids or something, u will change the way u play and well it effects u, the guys that are playing and all those fans that are watching the game.

DUI and Performance enhancing substances are two different things. Goddell is not saying DUIs are as bad as those PES because he gives both of them the same time of suspension...
I would certainly have no issue taking his job. If it were offered, I'd take it. Since I don't have the opportunity I don't think I shouldn't be able to criticize it.

Just because I'm not the president of the USA doesn't mean I can't criticize his actions.

It seems like you don't really have an argument, more that you just want to argue my points.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

What were the circumstances behind Allens DUI?

Honestly, some of the DUI **** is overblown. Are you telling me there is a difference between how an NFL player can drive if he is .08 or .1?

I mean, if he was staggering drunk that is ********, but if he was like 25-35 minutes away from blowing below the legal limit, I personally don't think its that bad.

A lot of people get so "**** this guy he should die for DUI!!!" on these boards without looking into what actually happened.

I think the degree should be taken into account. Maybe it was a ******** dui.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post

Honestly, some of the DUI **** is overblown. Are you telling me there is a difference between how an NFL player can drive if he is .08 or .1?

I mean, if he was staggering drunk that is ********, but if he was like 25-35 minutes away from blowing below the legal limit, I personally don't think its that bad.

A lot of people get so "**** this guy he should die for DUI!!!" on these boards without looking into what actually happened.

I don't think you should be driving at a certain point. What that point is? When you lose the ability.

at the same time, the severity of DUI is pointless in this argument.

If it's Illegal, it's illegal. There's not differing severities of the same offense.

I don't think you can technically make any argument that taking Steroids should be on the level of DUI's.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the direction the league is going in. These kids need to realize that they are among the privileged few in the the world. Most guys on this message board would give away twenty years of their life to have the opportunity that these guys have, and if they can't keep themselves free and clear of the extra curricular stuff, stay out of trouble with the law, and abide the rules of the game, they should be punished.

You could argue all day long about severity of punishment, and what warrants what, but we are in a new era, and Goodell is just beginning to flesh out his policies on these matters. There isn't much of a track record for discipline, so of course there will be a large disparity at times between offenses, as his regime begins to hone the system they want in place.

I love it.

Absolutely not a joke.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post

He's still breaking the law though. I agree with you some people can blow a
.08 and drive just fine. He's a high profile guy and when high profile players get into trouble no matter what it is ESPN and the media are going to make a big deal about. I can't even remember that last ESPN reported what a player blew when they were aressted for a DUI.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Popular + Ridiculous = More ratings.
This isn't laguna beach...

oh wait. it is.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still waiting on the cocaine suspension. Its cocaine and you don't get suspended. Yet you get caught with Marijuana in your system, Travis Henry got suspended.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I am still waiting on the cocaine suspension. Its cocaine and you don't get suspended. Yet you get caught with Marijuana in your system, Travis Henry got suspended.
Stop arguing with Logic, that'll get you flamed!

Old 10-09-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Stop arguing with Logic, that'll get you flamed!
Excellent some guys has recently been trying to catch up to my rep count. I must defend it.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

we all are argueing with logic, u cant argue without logic...

Old 10-09-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see the James Harrison hit until now, and I don't understand why he was flagged for that. He didn't even hit him in the head, as far as I saw. Terrible call by the ref there imo.

Gus Frerotte took a similar (harder though) shot on MNF from Will Smith, there correctly wasn't a flag for it.

Last edited by Geo : 10-09-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
You're argument is the worst I heard.
Your use of your vs. you're is the worst I've seen ;)

But DUIs are stupid. It doesn't matter if it affects your play. It affects the lives of others.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
we all are argueing with logic, u cant argue without logic...
Disagree. You can argue without logic.

Well, Actually I agree. You always argue with logic. Just faulty logic