Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Your use of your vs. you're is the worst I've seen ;)

But DUIs are stupid. It doesn't matter if it affects your play. It affects the lives of others.
When I'm going really fast I tend to screw up the You're and Yours. I'm at my mom's business right now updating 7 computers right now... Ugh never enough time in a day.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
When I'm going really fast I tend to screw up the You're and Yours. I'm at my mom's business right now updating 7 computers right now... Ugh never enough time in a day.
Whine about it.

Either way. If you don't like the league. Quit watching.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your use of your vs. you're is the worst I've seen ;)

But DUIs are stupid. It doesn't matter if it affects your play. It affects the lives of others.
Cocaine might effect ur play.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Whine about it.

NO he could write and angry letter to the NFL. A very angry letter.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Cocaine might effect ur play.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:49 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
NO he could write and angry letter to the NFL. A very angry letter.
NO U.

kidding. The difference between him and goodell is. well. i know jack kennedy. i served with jack kennedy, and you sir, are no jack kennedy.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whine about it.

Then every poster on this site should quit watching because they've "Whined or Bitched" about it in same shape way or form.

If you guys don't like criticism don't be on a forum that openly shares idea's an criticism.

Why don't you actually inject into a conversation instead of posting something stupid like this?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Then every poster on this site should quit watching because they've "Whined or Bitched" about it in same shape way or form.

If you guys don't like criticism don't be on a forum that openly shares idea's an criticism.

Why don't you actually inject into a conversation instead of posting something stupid like this?
I did. Plenty.

I also think you're being obstinate, and henceforth will act like you are.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one bitched about the league going down the gutter or becoming a joke...but you

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Cocaine is a hell of a drug he he he...
Old 10-09-2008, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
idea's

E-Stab to the jaw!

Of course everyone is going to *****. We just don't need full threads about bitching to *****.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

I didn't know posting a thread on the inconsistency of Suspensions would cause so much hate.

Sorry thought I'd get intelligent argument from some of you, didn't realize some of you would come .. unarmed.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didn't know posting a thread on the inconsistency of Suspensions would cause so much hate.

Sorry thought I'd get intelligent argument from some of you, didn't realize some of you would come .. unarmed.
u got some, then u proceeded with bad ones so everyone just stopped and got down to ur level

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lastly, can anyone comprehend how 2 DUI's = Performance Enhancing drugs?

He could have severely mamed or killed someone twice, and gets the same suspension as if he took some HGH, which would only affect him?

Well I guess if he cut Cocaine in his car he wouldn't have seen a suspension.
I'm not in any way, shape or form trying to justify the punishment since I don't like the consistency (or lack there of) but performance enhancers might affect your family and the people around you depending on the side effects. They also affect the people on the field. If this drug makes him stronger, then he puts others in the field at risk that they wouldn't have if he didn't have that drug in his system. Just a thought.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You received some intelligent responses, however you managed to ignore them completely or continue on with what you've been saying the entire thread. Plus, stop being such a tool in the way you respond. You may not be right about everything, so just try and take other people's opinions into account when you respond.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

My point about the severity of the DUI was that maybe it was a 4 game suspension because the DUI was viewed as a "weak" conviction or something.

Maybe he blew a .09 and they didn't really want to ruin his life over .01.

No, I don't think its ok to break the law, and yes I think they should be penalized, which he was -- but I think it should be on a case by case basis instead of automatically giving a guy a certain number of games based off of the crime. Also, remember people who get nailed for DUI face penalties not only within the NFL, but in real life. These guys aren't just facing a suspension from the NFL -- they face the consequences just like the rest of us outside.

Obviously steroids are a little different because enhancing your performance is cheating the game. Also, Only the NFL can hold you accountable for testing dirty for steroids. There is no federal law which subjects us all to take Steroid tests. In this case, the league is the sole administer of punishment and probably comes down harder because players will not be punished outside of the game.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless I'm missing something, Matt Jones has yet to be suspended. Last I heard, he may be suspended 1-2 games soon.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Unless I'm missing something, Matt Jones has yet to be suspended. Last I heard, he may be suspended 1-2 games soon.
Hope so cuz his trail was a joke, all he got was a slap on the wrist. As long as he goes to his drug classes and passes drug tests for a year ( i think) their going to drop his felony charge.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
You received some intelligent responses, however you managed to ignore them completely or continue on with what you've been saying the entire thread. Plus, stop being such a tool in the way you respond. You may not be right about everything, so just try and take other people's opinions into account when you respond.
I did, and I pointed my thoughts out.

The only time I was being a "tool" is when I had some poster following me around in every post providing no facts and just being like "You're a whiner.." or "I don't agree cause I said so."

Old 10-09-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
My point about the severity of the DUI was that maybe it was a 4 game suspension because the DUI was viewed as a "weak" conviction or something.

Maybe he blew a .09 and they didn't really want to ruin his life over .01.

No, I don't think its ok to break the law, and yes I think they should be penalized, which he was -- but I think it should be on a case by case basis instead of automatically giving a guy a certain number of games based off of the crime. Also, remember people who get nailed for DUI face penalties not only within the NFL, but in real life. These guys aren't just facing a suspension from the NFL -- they face the consequences just like the rest of us outside.

Obviously steroids are a little different because enhancing your performance is cheating the game. Also, Only the NFL can hold you accountable for testing dirty for steroids. There is no federal law which subjects us all to take Steroid tests. In this case, the league is the sole administer of punishment and probably comes down harder because players will not be punished outside of the game.
I'm pretty sure most states have a no tolerance for over the .08 Limit. But the NFL Should?

I doubt 2 DUI's (3 in his lifetime) should warrant a 4 game suspension considering the details..

I don't care if he blows .09, thats against the law.. considered a DUI.

I read somewhere the they pulled him over because he was swerving into oncoming traffic.

To me that just doesn't sound like he blew a hair over ".08" but more like he was intoxicated and stupid enough he could've taken a life.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

It may seem out of control but compared to the Paul Taglibue (spelling?) era it's much better, at least Goddell is actually putting fear into some of these guys and making some of them think twice about doing stupid crap, but also the league is made up of 1000+ players and only a hand full make dumb mistakes so at least Roger is trying to put a stop to it as best as he can. You have to remeber these guys are the only ones who can perform at this level at a consistent rate so there will always be a spot on a roster for them and they will always get a 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc. chance. It's the nature of pro sports.

As for the ref calls I agree, but once again, this game is reffed by the human eye and humans make mistakes, just be happy that at least they have replay, watch a baseball game and see somthing completely outragous, and try to tell me you don't almost choke on anger when you see your team get burned by an obvious blown call....lol
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
I did, and I pointed my thoughts out.

The only time I was being a "tool" is when I had some poster following me around in every post providing no facts and just being like "You're a whiner.." or "I don't agree cause I said so."
Um. No. I told you to quit whining in response to your posts BEFORE that post.

I don't just tell you to quit whining for no reason. Saying 'i'm stressed out because i update computers' isn't reasons for ridiculous 'tool-ish' posts trying to contrive any facet to your argument.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:19 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL needs a Hamurabi's code.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:43 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Um. No. I told you to quit whining in response to your posts BEFORE that post.

I don't just tell you to quit whining for no reason. Saying 'i'm stressed out because i update computers' isn't reasons for ridiculous 'tool-ish' posts trying to contrive any facet to your argument.
No, the whole post about me fixing computers was in regards to my grammatical error between your and you're. Nothing more or less.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:21 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
The NFL needs a Hamurabi's code.
You mean it doesn't already?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote