Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 10-10-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 6: New York

Look out 11-5, here we come!

Notable injuries:

Carson Palmer - Doubtful (Not surprising) and Marvin says Fitzpatrick will start, yikes.

Questionable - Dexter Jackson, Shayne Graham, Levi Jones, John Thornton

Probable - Pat Sims, Johnathan Joseph, Dhani Jones, Frostee Rucker

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 10-10-2008 at 04:44 PM.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We be screwed.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you talking about, man? Fitzpatrick is taking us to the promise land.

I'm prepared to change my username to FitzpatrickToTJ after the show he's sure to put on Sunday.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to see Sims get some good PT. He's looked great out there today, love his explosion off the ball.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ndukwe further proved he's the answer on the defensive side of the ball. JJ and Hall looked decent too imo.

Offensively... ugh. When are we gonna get this running game the coaches have been trying to build for the last 2 years?

I don't blame fitzpatrick for the lose. However, if we're throwing fitz in we need to start throwing Simpson / Caldwell in and get them some reps.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Ndukwe is easily one of our best defenders. I had to watch the game at work so I didn't get a good gauge but apparently Sims was making plays... That's nice to see.

The defense isn't great but they're without a doubt improving not to mention they're young. They don't suck like they used to. The offense on the other hand is pitiful. God forbid Benson get to run the ball, Perry wasn't doing squat.

This just in... Ghiaciuc still sucks.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it that when we're in a 3rd & 1, we run Perry up the middle. Perry does not run between the tackles. I thought that's what we signed Benson for?

Ghiaciuc sucks? Really?
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im convinced it doesn't matter who is running the ball for us we are just not going to do anything with it this year. We have two offensive lineman that are not only good but they give a **** in Whit and BW. Can't really do much with that. I think Perry is actually a pretty good runner both inside and outside the tackles but he just can't get any daylight. His fumblitis is a big problem but that is correctable to some degree. I wouldn't go for a RB in the draft just yet, especially not early.

Defense wasn't too great today but we still were in a position to win the game. Sims was pretty darn impressive to me as was Fanene. Looked like we had 3 defensive ends on the field a lot and sometimes we even had four. The secondary is full of playmakers with Ndukwe being the best at this point. First career ints for White and Lynch.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we can all agree and say that the main problem offensively (aside from play calling) is the offensive line. We've gotta shuffle it around and get some solid players in the draft. Also, I think going after a RB before the 3rd would be plain foolish.

#41 FTW
Old 10-13-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
I think we can all agree and say that the main problem offensively (aside from play calling) is the offensive line. We've gotta shuffle it around and get some solid players in the draft. Also, I think going after a RB before the 3rd would be plain foolish.

#41 FTW
I think it is time for Bobbie Williams or Kyle Cook to move in at C and move Kooistra into the lineup or Anthony Collins. I would even think about moving Stacy Andrews if the guy has no intention of signing a contract. Let's get some experience for the young guys. I am tired of EG. I also have to wonder if Paul Alexander knows how to teach guys to run black. I would draft an OT in rd 1 and after that, I would look for Guards and Centers that are known road grader types.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to banish #53 from the field and banish the number from ever being worn again by a lineman

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-13-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
I am tired of EG. I also have to wonder if Paul Alexander knows how to teach guys to run black. I would draft an OT in rd 1 and after that, I would look for Guards and Centers that are known road grader types.
Well, its not that Alexander cant teach, its just that you can teach an idiot all damn day, but in the end of the day he is still an idiot. That said, Guichec is not an idiot. He just cant run block. Never will be able to.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-13-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Well, its not that Alexander cant teach, its just that you can teach an idiot all damn day, but in the end of the day he is still an idiot. That said, Guichec is not an idiot. He just cant run block. Never will be able to.
or pass block...or stand up straight without falling down.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:51 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Ghiaciuc has no business wearing shoulder pads.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
or pass block...or stand up straight without falling down.
Thats not true....he stands perfectly tall when he should cut block to get defenders low from blocking passes.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 10-13-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I was going to be really sarcastic and defend Ghiaciuc but I couldn't even do that.

Perry has zero running room, is he the answer at RB? I don't know but I do know he gets to the line and generally Ghiaciuc is falling down and blocking any semblance of a lane. It's not that our RB's can't run, it's that we can't run block. We absolutely need a center for any chance to compete, that's hands down our biggest need to this point. Barry Sanders couldn't run behind this line.

I forgot to mention how sweet that INT was by White. Our secondary is coming along VERY nicely. Seriously, I'm very impressed with what's going on back there. I'd just like a MLB for the future, see what Sims can do next year and maybe a pass rush only DE in like the 4th. Otherwise just let them be.

On offense we need a Center and an offensive tackle. I say day 1 go MLB, C, OT. Pending on how Collins is coming along.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

I am praying for that kind of a first day. Second day is more of a toss up where we can acquire other various needs (RB, DE/DT, etc.). We better not blow this draft or there is absolutely no hope.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Honestly, I think we're a solid Center away from being a good team. I mean really, the defense is plenty for what our offense should be doing.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:52 AM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

For sure. If our offense could actually stay on the field and generate some points, we would have a much better record IMO.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default defense vs offense

No need in drafting for defense early. This defense is coming along fine and will only get better iof they allow Sims and Shirley some playing time. Our DBs are as good as any aside from a mid round pick on a CB for a nickel b ack to challenge David Jones.
Offense on the other hand needs help from premier players, not 3rd rd projects that someday grow into NFL players. Take Oher or Moore in Rd 1 and even think trade in rd 2 if it can get us Mack but either way, get a quality Center (Luigs) in the top 3 rds. I'd also take a top Guard that has made a reputation for himself as a run blocker....then, I'd look for a RB that is in the 235 or 240 range and all defenders after that.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No need in drafting for defense early. This defense is coming along fine and will only get better iof they allow Sims and Shirley some playing time. Our DBs are as good as any aside from a mid round pick on a CB for a nickel b ack to challenge David Jones.
Offense on the other hand needs help from premier players, not 3rd rd projects that someday grow into NFL players. Take Oher or Moore in Rd 1 and even think trade in rd 2 if it can get us Mack but either way, get a quality Center (Luigs) in the top 3 rds. I'd also take a top Guard that has made a reputation for himself as a run blocker....then, I'd look for a RB that is in the 235 or 240 range and all defenders after that.
This sums up all of my feelings right now. +rep
Old 10-14-2008, 02:11 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I completely agree except for the fact that we need a desperately need a MLB. I'm all for taking a stud LT in the 1st, as long as we take a MLB in the 2nd. A great MLB is the missing link in our defense which is pretty decent. We also need to improve our pass rush. But we can worry about that later (4th and on) as rick says.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
I completely agree except for the fact that we need a desperately need a MLB. I'm all for taking a stud LT in the 1st, as long as we take a MLB in the 2nd. A great MLB is the missing link in our defense which is pretty decent. We also need to improve our pass rush. But we can worry about that later (4th and on) as rick says.
MLB is huge, but I stand by what he said before. We need to target one in free agency or forget about it this year. Despite lacking that middle linebacker that could anchor our defense down this year, I'm still 10x happier with our young defenses production than our offenses.

semi off topic, but imo everyone talks about how much we need to get Shirely and Sims some play time, but I think a more pressing need is to get Simpson or Caldwell some playing time (or if not more pressing, equally pressing) because Chad or Housh seem to be going in the next year (even if 2 years, we still need to teach our young receivers).