Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Countown Members Mock Draft: Eagles War Room

For those of you that have seen this in the Fantasy thread, it is a very detailed member mock that involves a lot of cooperation. I volunteered as the Eagles GM and am loooking for other Eagles members to fill roles in here.

I was thinking since bsaza is the Team Leader, he would act as a Team Owner, mostly for the fact that I remember he has a lot of work that he has to take care of and while it is still a position of power, it won't take too much time. I also was thinking of having Sniper and GE 77 as lead scouts, which is really just a titile, but since they are the most prevalent members on here, to my knowledge anyway, I would like those higher positions to go to them as well. It doesn't really matter, those are just my preferences, but I figured that the positions that will be relied on the most should go to people who are on here more than others. Every Eagles member will be involved, it won't just be the four who are on here the most, but if you aren't a main contributor you will still have a role, just a minor one.

This will be an ongoing process that will culminate the weekend before the actual draft. Any other info can be found in Mario Palmer's thread in the fantasy section.

If it isn't too much trouble, bsaza (or whoever is in charge of it) could you sticky this to the top of the page so it will not be passed over or anything.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds pretty cool. I'd definitely like to be a scout for sure, I love these types of things.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You will be one of the head scouts then. It is more of a title, just like all of them. I'm still trying to hammer out some ideas, so we will figure things out when we get there.

Old 10-13-2008, 06:22 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

One of the things we will be doing is setting up a Big Board of our top 100 or so players. I want to get it up ASAP, and I think help from the rest of you guys would be nice.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll help out with "disputes" over players to be determined, but I'm going to take a back seat on this one. EATW, you seem to be most interested here, so you can feel free to take the lead.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Thats sort of how I figured it would go, but I want everyone to have a say, so it is as realistic as possible. So Bsaza will be the "Owner" GE 77 will be one of the "Head Scouts" and the other spot is open for Sniper. bhaarat, you can be "Head Coach" if you choose to.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25908

There is the link.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:29 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

GM-Me
Owner-bsaza
Co-Head Scout- EF 77
Co-Head Scout- Sniper
Head Coach- bhaarat???

That is what we have so far. Would you guys want to get things started soon? I want to get our 100 up asap, but I know it is a gradual process. I am starting my top 100 soon. I think I'll just post the guys in the order in which I would prefer to draft them, and we can go from there. You guys can tell me how you would do things different.

Bsaza: You can hang around in the background if you want, but if you have an opinion or viewpoint, just say so and it will be considered.

EF 77 and Sniper: You guys will put up any updates or changes in draft stock or any other information about prospects. I will be doing the same, so hopefully we can split that duty as evenly as possible.

bhaarat: If you choose to be HC, you will have a role similar to bsaza. Just make your opinion and it will be brought into the equas(?t?)ion.

Anyone else not listed can state opinions as well. I want all opinions heard so we can get as much information to go by as possible. I will try to make everything as fair and equal as possible. Lets have fun with this guys.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you mean GE77. ;) lol

Anyway yeah I can do that. But I'd probably have to see your top 100 first.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could be a second opinion if you guys need one.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I think you mean GE77. ;) lol

Anyway yeah I can do that. But I'd probably have to see your top 100 first.
My bad man. I'm gonna start out small though, like a top 20 or 25 and work my way up. I'm thinking of doing a casting system where I put certain calibur prospects together and then translate that into the Eagles Big Board.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:20 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
I could be a second opinion if you guys need one.
You could be "Head Coach" if you want, bhaarat hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:10 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

OK here is my top 50 as it stands right now. there are some guys that I like more than others, and some guys that I have lower than some of you may feel where they go. Let me know everything you may agree or disagree with, you ropinion is important, it is what will keep this thing going. I will say this, there are a few guys on the list who I haven't seen play or seen video of yet, so those guys will be a very fluid process. I do have juniors and draft eligible sophomores. Also, I have players where they would play for us, not necessarily where they are now in college. Here it is, let me know what you think...

1. Michael Oher, LT Ole Miss
2. Eugene Monroe, LT Virginia
3. Andre Smith, OT Alabama
4. William Moore, S Missouri
5. Malcolm Jenkins, CB/FS Ohio State
6. Vontae Davis, CB/S Illinois
7. Taylor Mays, S USC
8. Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma
9. Michael Crabtree, WR Texas Tech
10.Duke Robinson, OG Oklahoma
11.Jason Smith, OT Baylor
12.Branson Pettigrew, TE Oklahoma State
13.Jeremy Maclin, WR Missouri
14.Ciron Black, OT LSU
15.Alex Mack, C/G California
16.Herman Johnson, OG LSU
17.Beanie Wells, RB Ohio State
18.Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR Maryland
19.Jamon Meredith, OT/OG South Carolina
20.Phil Loadholt, RT/OG Oklahoma
21.Aaron Curry, OLB Wake Forest
22.Patrick Chung, FS/SS Oregon
23.Chase Coffman, TE Missouri
24.Kam Chancellor, S VT
25.James Laurinitis, (M)LB, Ohio State
26.Michael Hamlin, S Clemson
27.Percy Harvin, WR Florida
28.Jonathan Luigs, C/OG Arkansas
29.Brian Cushing, OLB USC
30.Michael Johnson, SLB Georgia Tech
31.George Selvie, OLB USF
32.Travis Beckum, TE Wisconsin
33.Darry Beckwith, MLB LSU
34.Knowshon Moreno, RB Georgia
35.David Bruton, S, ND
36.Javon Ringer, RB MSU
37.Otis Wiley, S MSU
38.Marcus Freeman, OLB Ohio State
39.Sen'derrick Marks DT Auburn
40.Peria Jerry, DT Ole Miss
41.Clint Sintim, SLB Virginia
42.Louis Murphy, WR Florida
43.Courtney Greene, SS Rutgers
44.Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State
45.Kenny Britt, WR Rutgers
46.Tyronne Green, OG Auburn
47.Juaquin Iglesias, WR Oklahoma
48.Mike Mickens, CB Cincinatti
49.Derrick Williams, WR Penn State
50.Brian Orakpo, DE/SLB Texas

There are some great prospects that are low that i like, but just don't fit in at a spot as good as others or play at a position of little or lesser need. Have at it lets hear opinions.

Edit: also take note there are people on here who I don't expect to be available, but if for some reason they would be, then that is why they are up there. I also left some top prospects out completely because they either don't fit, or wouldn't work. i.e. Rey Maualuga.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 10-17-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You better take Derrick Williams off that list before I have a coronary. There's no reason to put him top 30, top 50, or even top 100. And Laurinaitis plays too soft for this scheme, and LB isn't a need.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Taylor Mays needs to be ahead of Malcolm Jenkins. Mays plays the deep cover 1 free safety at SC, but he could be turned loose in Jim Johnson's scheme. His versatility is huge, and he's a better value pick than Jenkins. I like Jenkins, I just think you have Mays too low.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Maybe it's just me, but I don't want Loadholt anywhere near the Eagles.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:30 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree wholeheartedly on DWill... I think Williams runs horrid routes, and his speed would be negated a lot in the NFL. He is not a good fit for our offense because his precision just isn't there. His only value at the outset would be as a returner, but would he be that much better than DeSean and Demps? I would say not. If Williams were there in the 5th, I'd look into him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 10-17-2008, 08:32 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think Loadholt would play RT with the Eagles. I like him as a road-grating RT, but I don't think he has the quickness to handle the blindside for McNabb/Kolb that we're looking for right now. He might mesh well with Andrews/MJG, but I don't like him as a RT. I think it is possible that he falls into the second round in this year's draft, though the Lions could take him with the Cowboys pick...

Old 10-17-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think Loadholt would play RT with the Eagles. I like him as a road-grating RT, but I don't think he has the quickness to handle the blindside for McNabb/Kolb that we're looking for right now. He might mesh well with Andrews/MJG, but I don't like him as a RT. I think it is possible that he falls into the second round in this year's draft, though the Lions could take him with the Cowboys pick...
They took a right tackle in the first round this year.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I agree wholeheartedly on DWill... I think Williams runs horrid routes, and his speed would be negated a lot in the NFL. He is not a good fit for our offense because his precision just isn't there. His only value at the outset would be as a returner, but would he be that much better than DeSean and Demps? I would say not. If Williams were there in the 5th, I'd look into him.
Thank you. I just can't endorse the selection of a guy who has one career 100 yard game (Temple), six career receiving TDs, or a career average of under 12 ypc.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Opinions noted on Derrick Williams. He is just up there as an option right now until I get to see some of these other guys out there. I honestly thought he was a little high when I did this, as there are guys that I personally like more like Bruton and Otis Wiley wo I think should be higher up. But with him being #30,and the mock only being two rounds, I doubt he would be anywhere near the first option anyway, even if it would be a good choice.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
You better take Derrick Williams off that list before I have a coronary. There's no reason to put him top 30, top 50, or even top 100. And Laurinaitis plays too soft for this scheme, and LB isn't a need.
He does play soft, as he is not a prototypical run stuffing MIKE, but I think he could be an overall solid MIKE in the NFL. I personally am not a big fan of his, but he is one of the top prospects, and considering that, I have him relatively low, but because a. I am not a big fan, b. the position is not of great need, and c. I don't think we will be in a position to draft him anyway, I don't think it matters much. I am in the same boat with Brian Orakpo, who I actually like, but since he is a DE and we don't really need one, he doesn't fit unless we could convert him to SAM, which would be very risky and probably wouldn't work. But because he is a great player with good measurables and is beginning to show good production, I think he deserves a spot on the list, even if it is 50. Same thing with the DTs. We will not go that way early unless a lot of things would happen, even then we won't, but I personally like Sen'Derrick Marks and Peria Jerry, and if some wacky situation would come up where they would be the best picks, it makes sense to have them on there just in case. At least in my mind anyway.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think Taylor Mays needs to be ahead of Malcolm Jenkins. Mays plays the deep cover 1 free safety at SC, but he could be turned loose in Jim Johnson's scheme. His versatility is huge, and he's a better value pick than Jenkins. I like Jenkins, I just think you have Mays too low.
I like what Mays brings to the table as a potential FS for us, and he does a great job of preventing big plays for USC in the passing game. He is kind of like Laron Landry for the skins in that he shuts down the good majority of the field while Chris Horton (played by Kvin Ellison) roams and makes plays all over the place. Looking at the list, I would put him up to 8, right behind Vontae Davis. The reason I have him behind those two though is this. It is clear that those two are the much better prospects, and both have great size/speed/athletecism, as does mMays. I personally think both could be a FS for us, Jenkins personally would fit better than Davis, IMO, though Davis could conceivably play anywhere in our secondary with his style of play. Jenkins, Davis, and Mays are kind of interchangeable for me right now.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but I don't want Loadholt anywhere near the Eagles.
I defintiely would not want Loadholt as our future LT, but he could be a very successful RT or OG. He has the roadgrader mentality and can be very nasty. I like how he plays. I may have him rated higher than some other may like, but as long as he wasn't expected to be an LT, I would be in favor of him as long as a better option woudln't be available.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Made some switches, brought Taylor Mays up to 7 and put Derrick Williams at 49. I almost put him out and brought in the OT Fenuki Tupuo, who could potentially be a RT for us.