Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will be constantly shuffling things around, adding other guys and things like that, just let me know what you think as you go. I deally, I would like some of you to put up your big boards and we can compare them. Then we will do an average of each player and their position, and that will be how we get our final big boards.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I like what Mays brings to the table as a potential FS for us, and he does a great job of preventing big plays for USC in the passing game. He is kind of like Laron Landry for the skins in that he shuts down the good majority of the field while Chris Horton (played by Kvin Ellison) roams and makes plays all over the place. Looking at the list, I would put him up to 8, right behind Vontae Davis. The reason I have him behind those two though is this. It is clear that those two are the much better prospects, and both have great size/speed/athletecism, as does mMays. I personally think both could be a FS for us, Jenkins personally would fit better than Davis, IMO, though Davis could conceivably play anywhere in our secondary with his style of play. Jenkins, Davis, and Mays are kind of interchangeable for me right now.
Davis would be outstanding. Jenkins can play kind of soft at times. Davis is a corner that could allow a lot of press coverage. He's so strong for his size.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Davis would be outstanding. Jenkins can play kind of soft at times. Davis is a corner that could allow a lot of press coverage. He's so strong for his size.
I've been mulling around putting davis above Jenkins, as i see more of Davis coming up and helping in the run game, plus I think he has better build and bulk to possibly play FS. It just seems to me that he has more of a mentality of a safety to me, and i really like that.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davis to me is more of a boom or bust pick and Jenkins might be the safer bet, but if Davis lives up to his potential he could be one of the better DBs in the NFL.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Davis to me is more of a boom or bust pick and Jenkins might be the safer bet, but if Davis lives up to his potential he could be one of the better DBs in the NFL.
Personally, I am in the boat where if I were GM, I would go with the safer pick usually, would probably get me canned, but when certain players come around I think thet are worth the risk. To me, Davis is one of those players, but I personally wouldn't want to take a risk like that and then double it by trying to move him to safety. I've heard before that many teams would be comfortable with Jenkins as a FS, which is a main reason why I have him ahead for now.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:26 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
1. Michael Oher, LT Ole Miss
2. Andre Smith, OT Alabama
3. Eugene Monroe, LT Virginia
4. William Moore, S Missouri
5. Vontae Davis, CB/S Illinois
6. Malcolm Jenkins, CB/FS Ohio State
7. Taylor Mays, S USC
8. Jermaine Gresham, TE Oklahoma
9. Michael Crabtree, WR Texas Tech
10.Duke Robinson, OG Oklahoma
11.Branson Pettigrew, TE Oklahoma State
12.Herman Johnson, OG LSU
13.Jeremy Maclin, WR Missouri
14.Jason Smith, LT Baylor
15.Ciron Black, OT LSU
16.Alex Mack, C/G California
17.Chase Coffman, TE Missouri
18.Beanie Wells, RB Ohio State
19.Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR Maryland
20.Jamon Meredith, OT/OG South Carolina
21.Patrick Chung, FS/SS Oregon
22.Phil Loadholt, RT/OG Oklahoma
23.Aaron Curry, OLB Wake Forest
24.Kam Chancellor, S VT
25.Michael Hamlin, S Clemson
26.James Laurinitis, (M)LB, Ohio State
27.Percy Harvin, WR Florida
28.Jonathan Luigs, C/OG Arkansas
29.Brian Cushing, OLB USC
30.Michael Johnson, SLB Georgia Tech
31.George Selvie, OLB USF
32.Travis Beckum, TE Wisconsin
33.David Bruton, S, ND
34.Darry Beckwith, MLB LSU
35.Knowshon Moreno, RB Georgia
36.Javon Ringer, RB MSU
37.Otis Wiley, S MSU
38.Marcus Freeman, OLB Ohio State
39.Sen'derrick Marks DT Auburn
40.Kenny Britt, WR Rutgers
41.Peria Jerry, DT Ole Miss
42.Clint Sintim, SLB Virginia
43.Courtney Greene, SS Rutgers
44.Brian Robiskie, WR Ohio State
45.Tyronne Green, OG Auburn
46.Juaquin Iglesias, WR Oklahoma
47.Brian Orakpo, DE/SLB Texas
48.Derrick Williams, WR Penn State
49.Mike Mickens, CB Cincinatti
50.Louis Murphy, WR Florida
Made a few switches...

Old 10-24-2008, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Made a few switches...
Derrick Williams needs to be banned from that list.
Old 10-24-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I knew that would be up there, and I almost got rid of him completely, but I am familiar with him, so I know what he can do (whether it be in a postiive way or not is your opinion) and I just haven't seen enough of the other guys to put them ahead. Right now its is a situation where I am sticking with the evil I know rather than the unknown evil, if that is how you wish to see it.

Are there any underclassmen that I am missing? Right now I am going off of the basis that all of the major underclassmen eligible to declare will do so. I sort of feel like I am forgetting some people.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I knew that would be up there, and I almost got rid of him completely, but I am familiar with him, so I know what he can do (whether it be in a postiive way or not is your opinion) and I just haven't seen enough of the other guys to put them ahead. Right now its is a situation where I am sticking with the evil I know rather than the unknown evil, if that is how you wish to see it.
But he's not good, so why does it matter if you know him or not? He's not good. He's the third best WR on his team.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
But he's not good, so why does it matter if you know him or not? He's not good. He's the third best WR on his team.
He is good, just not great. Average. I know you don't like him, but he has shown improvements this season. His route running is (marginally) better, and hsi hands have become a lot more consistent. He has the return ability going for him, but with our players it would be a log jam for returners. He is barely on my list, it isn't a big deal IMO. I would put him as a third round prospect right now who could eek into the second, but personally, like my big board shows, there are a ton of guys I like more than him. I wouldn't draft him in the second, or even the thrid because he wouldn't really upgrade any part of the team, but he is one of the better prospects at his position this year (which shows how weak the WR class as a whole is) at a position that we could use some work on. Don't worry Sniper, I won't secretly draft him come April, haha. There is plenty of time for the season to unravel, and personally, Fenuki Tupuo (who I need to see more of) will probably be the guy who gets the current #50 on my list (Louis Murphy) booted out. I am looking at other guys right now, but there is still 6 months to wrok with. I understnad you do not like him, much like some others. There are some people who think he could sneak into the first. I am not one of those people. He is a second rounder at best IMO, even with his improvements.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Fuzzy Dunlop
Rookie

Fuzzy Dunlop hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would have them:
4. Taylor Mays S
5. William Moore S
6. Vontae Davis CB/S
7. Malcolm Jenkins CB/FS

I think Mays is as close to a replacement to Dawkins as you can get. I think they will resign Dawkins, and Mays is capable of stepping right in and starting at SS alongside Dawk and eventually moving over when he is gone. Moore could possibly do this also, although I'm more confident in Mays.

Davis and Jenkins would both take some time to develop at the S position. I just don't see their added value as depth CBs putting them over Mays and Moore.

Mays is the only one of these four that I could see (and want) the Eagles to possibly trade up for, although they and Carolina could be playing themselves out of that scenario (which I can't complain about).
Fuzzy Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

There hasn't been much news on this forum mock, so I haven't putt too much time into it, but once we get to the combine, expect this to be adjusted a ton.

I agree with you Fuzzy D, that is one of the things that will see a great change in. There are a ton of O-linemen that will be towards the top and a few other guys as well.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Fuzzy Dunlop
Rookie

Fuzzy Dunlop hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There is going to be a lot of movement with this year's T class; I think the Birds are going to have a lot to be excited about. I'll be interested to see your updated Board after all the underclassmen have declared and such.

Just wondering EATW, why do you feel Rey Maualuga doesn't deserve to be on the Eagles' Board? I think Maualuga would be perfectly suited to play the MLB spot similar to Jeremiah Trotter when their D was so dominant. I actually think he would be better in coverage and wouldn't have to leave the field on passing downs.

I think he is more physical and fights through trash better than Stewart Bradley, and so Bradley could be moved to the Sam spot. I'm not sold on Chris Gocong there; I think eventually he could be a slightly better than average SLB, but not much better. I'd rather have him as a backup/rotational guy who could potentially be used as a situational pass rusher.

I just see Maualuga as a player Jim Johnson would love to have. He is someone whose stock is going to be extremely volatile over the next few months, and I have no idea where his value is going to be. I don't see them moving up, but if he is on the board for their first pick and no top-end T or S is, I could see them drafting him.
Fuzzy Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:04 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop View Post
Just wondering EATW, why do you feel Rey Maualuga doesn't deserve to be on the Eagles' Board? I think Maualuga would be perfectly suited to play the MLB spot similar to Jeremiah Trotter when their D was so dominant. I actually think he would be better in coverage and wouldn't have to leave the field on passing downs.
Its not that he doesn't deserve it, because he is a great prospect and is a great palyer. Its just that Bradley has been playing great at MLB this year, and will only get better. Maualuga has great size and is simlar to Trot in temrs of size, but I think it really isn't worth him (or any other MLB for that matter) to be drafted early just to move Braldey over to SAM, when Bradley is succeeeding at his spot. Bradley is actually pretty damn good at shedding blocks, or fighting through them. I just think it would be a better idea to draft a SLB prospect a little later than MLB in the first, especially considering neither are huge needs right now.
OL
TE
S
WR
RB
CB
SLB
Those are the needs how I see them right now, and a good argument could be made that FB should be above SLB if you ask me, because Gocong has been playing great the second half of the season and in the playoffs, and has shown developement in every aspect of the game, especially run stuffing. He needs to improve his coverage, but he has shown nothing but steady improvement in all aspects of his game, which is why I don't see SLB as a major need, not enough that we would shuffle around Bradley anyway. Don't forget Joe Mays either. He's been inactive most of the season I think, but he has shown a lot in the preseason (I know, its the preseason) and in his time on the field in camp.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop View Post
There is going to be a lot of movement with this year's T class; I think the Birds are going to have a lot to be excited about. I'll be interested to see your updated Board after all the underclassmen have declared and such.
Agreed, there are supposed to be a ton of Junior OTs declaring, many of whom I don't know much about. But with many of them declaring, it will definitely change things up a bit, many people are saying with these guys declaring, guys like Oher or Monroe could fall out of that top 10 range.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Pettigrew is really starting to grow on me. I wouldn't be at all upset if he was our first pick this year.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:55 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Brandon Pettigrew is really starting to grow on me. I wouldn't be at all upset if he was our first pick this year.
I actually just posted a thing about TE in the mock draft thread, though I do agree with you about Pettigrew. I still think the team will go OL first, or at least try to.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Fly_EaglesFly
Rookie

Fly_EaglesFly hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I actually just posted a thing about TE in the mock draft thread, though I do agree with you about Pettigrew. I still think the team will go OL first, or at least try to.
I actually wouldn't mind them passing on TE in the first round, and trying to pick up Cook from South Carolina in the 2nd
Fly_EaglesFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

There is an almost infinite amount of possibilities the team could go in the draft. I could see a LT, C, LG, WR, TE, RB, S, maybe QB, all as potential first round choices. Obviously some aren't as likely (LG, QB) but there are situations that I could see they are drafted depending on how the team feels and who is available.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_EaglesFly View Post
I actually wouldn't mind them passing on TE in the first round, and trying to pick up Cook from South Carolina in the 2nd
I wouldn't mind that either, but as I said, it really is hard to tell what is going to happen right now...

Old 03-11-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there are bigger depth issues at safety and OT. I think addressing those needs first is the best course of action.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think there are bigger depth issues at safety and OT. I think addressing those needs first is the best course of action.
Right now going off of depth issues, I'd say, in order from greatest to least, the depth needs are...

RB-no second RB and a injury riddled starter who isn't exactly young
TE-relatively unproven starter and no one worthy of #2 TE spot on our roster
LT-Potentially have a starter here, but depth is shaky, could be above TE
S-3 our of 4 roster spots are filled, will need a backup at one of the spots
WR-Depth itself is good, but no #1 guy
FB-Don't really have a true FB on the roster, nuff said
DT-4th guy to complete rotation and keep everyone fresh would be nice
CB-someone who can challenge for a 4th or 5th spot

I'd say needs though, greatest to least, is....

RB
TE
LT
WR
S
FB
DT
CB

LT through S is really close, and I think there are at least one of those positions that may be left alone in the draft, possibly WR or even LT. I know some people are going to say LT isn't a need, but if that is the case, then I'd put OG on the need list somewhere between FB and CB, for depth purposes...

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 03-11-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you look at the Eagles' history, they value OLine and DLine the most, then QB, then it gets to positions like TE and CB/S, then WR and RB. They haven't drafted a RB earlier than the third round since Reid and Banner took over. If you're looking to draft in the Eagles' style, you should take this into account. I think the team may address RB on Day 1 this year, but that's no guarantee at all.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-11-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
If you look at the Eagles' history, they value OLine and DLine the most, then QB, then it gets to positions like TE and CB/S, then WR and RB. They haven't drafted a RB earlier than the third round since Reid and Banner took over. If you're looking to draft in the Eagles' style, you should take this into account. I think the team may address RB on Day 1 this year, but that's no guarantee at all.
I agree, but the depth at both lines is very good already. I think the team realizes that and they may take a different strategy than their normal ones. Since they have those highly valued spots taken care of (for the most part), they will have the luxury (as they will probably see it) of taking one of those lesser valued positions earlier than they normally would.

I know you aren't saying this bsaza, but they aren't coing to draft linemen just because thats their history. And they draft the lines in the early rounds more often because, for one, they've needed help on the lines. And two, the lines take up 9 of the 22 starting spots, so mathematically speaking, the chances of the teams taking linemen is greater. The needs at TE, RB, and WR are at least equal to or surpassing the needs on our line, and the team isn't going to ignore those needs just because they want to follow their history.

I think the team will draft a LT prospect early, at least for insurance, but if they are confident that what they have will work along the lines, the chances of them drafting one early is less, obviously. Right now the team realizes they need a RB, S and a TE at least for depth. Honestly right now, if the roster stayed the same, I think the team could make the playoffs. I think very few of the rookies we draft this year will have a huge impact, and none will have an impact like DeSean had. That is simply because we already have a relatively complete roster. The only thing the team absolutely needs to address before the season starts is at least a second string TE, at least a second string RB, another Safety, and competition along the lines. We don't need a first round LT, RB, TE, or WR, but with two first round picks, it only makes sense that at least one of those positions will be taken in the first round, if not two.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I see what you're saying, but the team doesn't value the position highly. They feel that they can find system RB's in the middle and late rounds that suit their needs. They consider RB less of a premium position. Now, that could be the reason why besides Westbrook and Buck, we haven't had a good RB in years...

I agree that TE and RB depth are issues, but I don't necessarily see a guy like Pettigrew as a player that the Eagles would take in the first round. If a guy isn't going to be on the field a lot, why take him? I COULD see them taking one of the RB's at #28, though.

My gut says that they go RB and OT in Round 1, with a S and TE in 2 and 3, then adding depth at OLine, WR, and DT along the way.