Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2008, 08:47 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.
Default Is Roddy White in the top tier of WRs?

I was hesitant to rave about him after last year because he essentially had a second half run much like Chris Chambers did a couple years ago with the Dolphins.

But now that I have gotten to see him play the past 4 weeks, he can physically match up with the top WRs in the game. He has the ability to seaparate from any CB in the league and his hands are glue downfield. He was considered a raw project when he came into the game and now that he has refined his route running and plan to defeat the press coverage, he is lethal. He is not just a downfield threat either, he is dangerous on 3rd downs when the chains need to be moved.

While he may not be in the Terrell Owens-Randy Moss tier yet, he could be there by season's end. I think he is right behind them ahead of the likes of Edwards, Burress, Johnson, Housh. Where do you rank him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

top 10 for sure.

The numbers don't lie, he's doing great with no help. I need to see more games on him though, I don't know him that well.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I just watched the Falcons game, he really lacks a glaring weakness. He is one of the most explosive WRs off the line I have seen and he gets separation right off the bat, it's amazing. Downfield he can jump and catch over anybody. Short and intermediate he is tough over the middle and sees the ball into his hands.

He almost plays the game angry, love that out of receivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 10 definitely, although i'd prob take Housh over him at this stage. He's a major reason why Matt Ryan is looking a lot better than most people expected his rookie season.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:58 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen a whole lot of him, but something about him reminds me of Reggie Wayne.

And yes, it's amazing what a great target can do for a young QB. It should be an exciting pairing.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:58 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my dynasty fantasy league says I have myself a top tier wr for many years. and to think he was the 3rd wr i drafted this year in that league.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My WR rankings would go like this:

**Elite**
No particular Order
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
TO
Randy Moss
Brandon Marshall

**Pro Bowl caliber players, but at least one glaring weakness in their game**
Reggie Wayne
Plaxico Burress
Greg Jennings
Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Braylon Edwards

**Fringe Pro Bowl Players**
Roddy White
Lee Evans
Santana Moss
Dwayne Bowe
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Calvin Johnson

**Above Average NFL Starters/Productive Vets**
Roy Williams
Hines Ward
Donald Driver
Derrick Mason
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Chris Chambers

**Have Pro Bowl talent, but haven't proven it yet with consistency**
Santonio Holmes
Desean Jackson
Vincent Jackson
Bernard Berrian
Eddie Royal

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The man is a machine. As you said, he came out raw. He dropped soooo many passes his first two years here, and many Falcons fans wanted him cut. He just exploded his 3rd season though, and ever since then, plays with a ton of confidence. And you are right 10. He's physical, can match up with anyone, gets seperation, YAC, blocks, etc. Anything and everything you want from a wideout. Only negative about him would be that he sometimes reverts back to his old self and can get the dropsies. Otherwise, he's as good as they get.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:12 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
My WR rankings would go like this:

**Elite**
No particular Order
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Anquan Boldin
TO
Randy Moss
Brandon Marshall

Reggie Wayne
Plaxico Burress
Greg Jennings
Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Braylon Edwards

**Fringe Pro Bowl Players**
Roddy White
Lee Evans
Santana Moss
Dwayne Bowe
T.J. Houshmandzadeh
Calvin Johnson

**Above Average NFL Starters/Productive Vets**
Roy Williams
Hines Ward
Donald Driver
Derrick Mason
Marvin Harrison
Torry Holt
Chris Chambers

**Have Pro Bowl talent, but haven't proven it yet with consistency**
Santonio Holmes
Desean Jackson
Vincent Jackson
Bernard Berrian
Eddie Royal
You've just named 30 WRs and left out Marques Colston, who I would have as a pro-bowl caliber player
Old 10-13-2008, 09:12 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh that's right my bad just going off the top of my head. Forgot about Colston since he hasn't played since week one.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the # of high caliber WRs that Ghettosermon posted just goes to show you how much of a pass oriented league the game has become.

I still hold onto my belief that WR is the most overrated position in football. You can have a great passing attack without having an elite WR.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I think Drew Brees is evidence to that. You could give him a jv football team WR squad and he'd still pass for 300. Of course it always helps to have a game breaking wideout but the thing I notice about guys like TO, Ocho Cinco, Brandon Marshall, Plex and such is that they develop bad tendencies for QB's. Their QB's will make them their first, second, and 3rd read and miss half the field which could be open. It's almost as if guys like Romo and even Cutler yesterday are worried about getting their star wideouts their touches that they don't read the defense properly.

Old 10-13-2008, 09:23 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

This would be my list;

Elite
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
T.O
Randy Moss
Steve Smith

Pro-bowl
Anquan Boldin
Brandon Marshall
Greg Jennings
Marques Colston
Reggie Wayne
Lee Evans
Housh
Chad Johnson
Roddy White
Calvin Johnson
Roy Williams

Above average starters
Hines Ward
Braylon Edwards
Plaxico Burress
Santana Moss
Dwayne Bowe
Donald Driver
Tory Holt

Average Starters
Santonio Holmes
Bernard Berrian
Vincent Jackson
Laveraneus Coles
Jerricho Cotchery
Marvin Harrison(age obviously)

Thats as far as I can think.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
the # of high caliber WRs that Ghettosermon posted just goes to show you how much of a pass oriented league the game has become.

I still hold onto my belief that WR is the most overrated position in football. You can have a great passing attack without having an elite WR.

You still need atleast one good one though. I will never forget the cluster**** of WR's we had when Vick was our QB. They dropped about every pass, and it was so annoying to watch. I'm sure Vick's lack of touch didn't help, but it was still really bad. It was Price, Finneran, White and Jenkins. The first two just weren't all that good, and the last two were playing like busts. Thank god White became what he did. I think he's showing off how nice it is for a QB to have a bigtime target.

Last edited by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) : 10-13-2008 at 10:42 AM.
ATLDirtyBirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saying he's legit for a long time, now that he has a QB he's going to be the type of guy to pull in 90/1300/8 type seasons for a long time...He's definately top 10, watch him play and you can see he's evolved more then just catching deep patterns which is what he used to just be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

David Garrard passed for 276 yards yesterday with Matt Jones as his leading WR and other elite pass-catchers such as Marcedes Lewis, Dennis Northcutt, Reggie Williams, and MJD. So yes, it can be done. However, I can't help but wonder how much better Garrard would be with an elite WR in the corps.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:

While that is true it all depends on how a team is setup to win. The Pats before Moss and Welker were able to win Superbowls with average receivers. Drew Brees is on course to breaking passing records for yards and he doesn't have his number1 or 2. However, teams like the Cards or Cowboys would really struggle without Fitz and Boldin, and T.O
Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess it depends on how big your tiers are. I don't think he's the third best receiver in football, and my first tier is pretty small. So I'd say he's comfortably in the second tier.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:22 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never thought he was previous to this season, but after watching him tear the Packers and Bears, perhaps.

When can Jennings (the man leading the NFL right now) get his own thread about being Elite? I have a feeling he's going to be Driver all over again Mr. underrated. Which is perfectly fine.

This leads to the question, best "young" wide out? White, Jennings, Marshall, Colston, Bowe, or others?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post

Greg Jennings
What's his weakness? Not criticizing, just curious because I haven't been able to find a " glaring one" yet.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:25 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I never thought he was previous to this season, but after watching him tear the Packers and Bears, perhaps.

When can Jennings (the man leading the NFL right now) get his own thread about being Elite? I have a feeling he's going to be Driver all over again Mr. underrated. Which is perfectly fine.

This leads to the question, best "young" wide out? White, Jennings, Marshall, Colston, Bowe, or others?
It's between Roddy White and Brandon Marshall. They're just the most complete WR's out of the ones you mentioned.

Of all of those, i'd take Marshall first, in an instant.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:

Larry Fitzgerald is the same age or younger than Colston and Jennings and only a year older than Marshall and Bowe. And White is older than all of them.

Old 10-13-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah, if I had my choice of any young WR, Im taking Marshall.

But thats not considering his off field issues. Just his talent.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:30 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:

At the start of the season and after he burned Cromartie I would have said Marshall but Greg Jennings is exciting to watch. I'd say best WR after the catch in the nfl at the moment
Old 10-13-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's just me. but i'd give it another year before calling him 'elite'.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote