Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Matt Ryan over Michael Vick.

But Vick had his moments, and he was fun to watch and good for the team. No reason for me to hate on him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not hating on him. I just thought his long throws were more off target than on. He was a fun QB to watch.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was responding to BB.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
You guys overestimate pro-bowl voters. While he may deserve to go in, it would surprise at all if he did not make it
Its not just on the voters though. That's only 1/3 of the formula, otherwise Demorrio Williams would have made the pro bowl a couple of years ago with the Falcons.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Any type of pro-bowl/all-star game is a joke.....in any sport.....anything that allows fans to give their input is a joke....

I try not to but I still care about the MLB all-stars.

I gave up on the NFL a long time ago.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-30-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Any type of pro-bowl/all-star game is a joke.....in any sport.....anything that allows fans to give their input is a joke....
They do it so the fans feel connected, they can vote someone in and the player not make it, or they can not vote someone in and they make it

1/3 of the vote is fans 1/3 coaches 1/3 players. So if coaches and players put a guy in he's in, no matter what the fans say. That's why Roddy is going to make the pro bowl this year. Coaches know the guy, he's made a name for himself this year. Lets just hope he can stay healthy.

There's no doubt this kid has 'elite' written all over him, but he needs to sustain his current level of play to be considered 'elite' can't do it in just 2 years, if he finishes this year and does it again next year he is 'elite' no one could logically argue that. His skillset and ability are already elite, he just has to have that sticking power that the top tier guys have had.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I'd take Matt Ryan over Michael Vick.

But Vick had his moments, and he was fun to watch and good for the team. No reason for me to hate on him.
LOL, Vick would be undefeated if he had the talent around him that was on this year's team.

But obviously it's a moot point because he's in prison.

But yeah let's bring this back on topic. If we want a Vick vs Matt Ryan thread, then somebody needs to make another one.

Roddy White is the freaking man. Although today it seems like Michael Jenkins is having a good game. He torched D.Hall on one play and was found open on another. 2 TDs already in the 1st half.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the 13th of October to November 2nd. This thread should go under the homer section now..

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From the 13th of October to November 2nd. This thread should go under the homer section now..
Think so? he looks like he's doing his work out there every week, and fighting for a spot.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
LOL, Vick would be undefeated if he had the talent around him that was on this year's team.

But obviously it's a moot point because he's in prison.

But yeah let's bring this back on topic. If we want a Vick vs Matt Ryan thread, then somebody needs to make another one.

Roddy White is the freaking man. Although today it seems like Michael Jenkins is having a good game. He torched D.Hall on one play and was found open on another. 2 TDs already in the 1st half.
No, he wouldn't. He would have screwed up the Chicago game at the least with turnovers.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Think so? he looks like he's doing his work out there every week, and fighting for a spot.
It takes alot to be elite, you cant go off of one and a half fulfilled seasons and the rest off of potential and what ifs. I'm sure in due time but you are jumping on him way too early. Let him do his thing and decide in three years from now. He could turn out like T.O. or Roy Williams. Time will tell.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
No, he wouldn't. He would have screwed up the Chicago game at the least with turnovers.
LOL that same Chicago game that we settled for all of those FGs? And speaking of turnovers the one we're lucky that they didn't get a pick six in?

That was an impressive final drive by Ryan, but the Bears should have never come that close to winning. Oh and I highly doubt we would be winless in the division

You're kidding yourself if you think Matt Ryan right now would be more effective than Vick if he never went to jail.

Vick was top 10 in the league in TDs and TD/TO ratio the last time he was in a vertical offense with a far lesser team.

Last edited by BBIB : 11-03-2008 at 12:36 PM.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:54 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It takes alot to be elite, you cant go off of one and a half fulfilled seasons and the rest off of potential and what ifs. I'm sure in due time but you are jumping on him way too early. Let him do his thing and decide in three years from now. He could turn out like T.O. or Roy Williams. Time will tell.
It doesn't take 3 years, people have Greg Jennings there already, he's not separated himself from Roddy...at all. I'm not saying Roddy is elite yet, refer to my previous post talking about how he has to continue his success, but he has all the tools to be an elite WR, and he's had a season and a half of fantastic production. You can't take that away from him.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
LOL that same Chicago game that we settled for all of those FGs? And speaking of turnovers the one we're lucky that they didn't get a pick six in?

That was an impressive final drive by Ryan, but the Bears should have never come that close to winning. Oh and I highly doubt we would be winless in the division

You're kidding yourself if you think Matt Ryan right now would be more effective than Vick if he never went to jail.

Vick was top 10 in the league in TDs and TD/TO ratio the last time he was in a vertical offense with a far lesser team.
You just like to hear yourself talk, or read what you type don't you? Cause this is unsubstantiated BS. I just hope you're joking. Vick was a polarizing figure in Atlanta's lockerroom. I loved Vick on the field, but he always relied on himself too much, more than turning to his team. Vick could throw a beautiful deep ball yes and he could have been the GOAT with some work ethic, but he didn't do it, potential vs proven product.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
You just like to hear yourself talk, or read what you type don't you? Cause this is unsubstantiated BS. I just hope you're joking. Vick was a polarizing figure in Atlanta's lockerroom. I loved Vick on the field, but he always relied on himself too much, more than turning to his team. Vick could throw a beautiful deep ball yes and he could have been the GOAT with some work ethic, but he didn't do it, potential vs proven product.
Quote:
The overall consensus is that he is not elite.. yet. But well on his way.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was Aso covering Roddy this game? I'm assuming so since Jenkins had a great game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Was Aso covering Roddy this game? I'm assuming so since Jenkins had a great game.
About half the time.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those still doubting. Roddy is in the top 5 for ALL NFL receiver right now IMO... and the stats will back me up:
#7 in the NFL in receptions (58)
#3 in the NFL in yards (903) (#3 of the top 10 players in YPC)
#4 in the NFL in yards per game (90.3)
#3 in the NFL in TD's (6) (Tied)
#3 in the NFL in 20+ plays (11) (Tied)
#4 in the NFL in 40+ plays (3) (Tied)
#3 in the NFL in first downs (43) (Tied) (#3 in 1st down % in the top 10)

the argument could be made that Roddy white is a top 3 receiver when looking at his stats.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:34 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year alone, yeah he is a top 5 receiver. When talking about in general, you can't discredit the consistently good seasons other WRs have had, like Steve Smith, Randy Moss, etc.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-19-2008, 01:38 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's also just his 4th season. it took TO about 3 seasons to break out as well.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Even after TO broke out, people didn't proclaim him to be a top 5 WR in the league. In order to do that, you have to chalk up seasons of 1200+ yards. I have no doubt that White has the ability to do so, but I would not call him an elite receiver unless he can replicate this years success next year as well (all throughout the season. That would give him 1200, 1400ish, 1400ish yards in 3 years).

Old 11-19-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

How is this thread still going, its too bad this forum dosent have team forums where this could be discussed...OH WAIT
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray52 View Post
How is this thread still going, its too bad this forum dosent have team forums where this could be discussed...OH WAIT
Because White is being talked amongst the other WRs in the NFL.

You complain a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray52 View Post
I guess you didn't realize that the original question was posed to the members of the forum, just because he plays for ATL doesn't mean it has to go into the team thread.

I also find it amusing that you ask "how is this thread still going", yet you reply to it to bump it to the top adding nothing relevant to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Even after TO broke out, people didn't proclaim him to be a top 5 WR in the league. In order to do that, you have to chalk up seasons of 1200+ yards. I have no doubt that White has the ability to do so, but I would not call him an elite receiver unless he can replicate this years success next year as well (all throughout the season. That would give him 1200, 1400ish, 1400ish yards in 3 years).
exactly. TO has consistently produced most of his career.
ocho cinco has consistently produced most of his career.
steve smith has constantly produced most of his career.
jerry rice has constantly produced most of his career.

roddy white. sure. top 5 this year.
bernard berrian was a top 5 three years ago. was he ever again? no.

when you talk about tiers, you don't talk about 'right now'.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote