Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Oh, like when I've said Jason Witten is the best TE in the league? Or when I say I'd still take Terrell Owens on my team any day? Or when I say Marion Barber is one of the most entertaining RBs in the league? Or maybe it's when I think Terrence Newman is one of the most, if not the most, underrated corner in the league? Um, okay.
Oh okay, i apologize, i didn't realize you were the only one entitled to use hyperbole in your posts.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Peyton yes, Tom Brady is popular but not as recognizable as Romo. McNabb is fat.
it's funny that you are actually serious about this

Brady has been the poster boy for the NFL for like the last 5 seasons, Romo is best known for not being able to hold a ball down for a kicker

Brady prolly has the most recognizable face in the entire NFL, if not it is 2nd to Peyton

Brady has done many more ads, has been in newspapers/magazines like a celebrity almost weekly up until this year, and ESPN has sex with him weekly, and when he isn't available they take give a hand job to Romo

please tell me you do not honestly think Romo is more recognizable than Brady

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
it's funny that you are actually serious about this

Brady has been the poster boy for the NFL for like the last 5 seasons, Romo is best known for not being able to hold a ball down for a kicker

Brady prolly has the most recognizable face in the entire NFL, if not it is 2nd to Peyton

Brady has done many more ads, has been in newspapers/magazines like a celebrity almost weekly up until this year, and ESPN has sex with him weekly, and when he isn't available they take give a hand job to Romo

please tell me you do not honestly think Romo is more recognizable than Brady
I realize that BSPN loves them some Tom Brady, but you all are making it seem as if Tony Romo could walk into a room with a sign that says "I'm Tony Romo" and no one would care.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I realize that BSPN loves them some Tom Brady, but you all are making it seem as if Tony Romo could walk into a room with a sign that says "I'm Tony Romo" and no one would care.
No, we're not. We're disputing the completely ridiculous notion that Tony Romo is more popular than Tom Brady.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is completely useless, but yeah, Brady has twice the national exposure Romo has. Maybe regionally Romo gets more, but Brady is twice the public figure Romo is right now. More than that, probably.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not at all...just that if you polled 10 average Americans, I bet at least 5 would recognize Brady (or some variation of that QB/Football player) and maybe 2 would recognize Romo, maybe.

again, Brady is the NFL poster boy, and for a while was tabloids poster boy, to think he isn't more popular and more recognizable is ridiculous

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-28-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
No, we're not. We're disputing the completely ridiculous notion that Tony Romo is more popular than Tom Brady.
There's a difference between popular and recognizable. Everyone knows who Tom Brady is, i'm not sure i'd bank on a woman from Utah being able to pick him out of a lineup though.

Besides, what the hell is up with all you anyway? My initial argument was that Jason Campbell wasn't gonna get in over Romo and it turns into this. Go flame the guy that thinks Campbell will get in.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Most recognizable QBs in NFL according to Turtlepower:

1a. Peyton Manning
1b. Brett Favre
1c. Tom Brady
4. Tony Romo

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's a difference between popular and recognizable. Everyone knows who Tom Brady is, i'm not sure i'd bank on a woman from Utah being able to pick him out of a lineup though.

Besides, what the hell is up with all you anyway? My initial argument was that Jason Campbell wasn't gonna get in over Romo and it turns into this. Go flame the guy that thinks Campbell will get in.
Completion percentage of 66%, QB rating of 100.5 7.6 ypa, 8 TD and only one turnover (a fumble). Um, Campbell's good.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Completion percentage of 66%, QB rating of 100.5 7.6 ypa, 8 TD and only one turnover (a fumble). Um, Campbell's good.
Never said he wasn't. Just said he wasn't gonna get into the Pro-Bowl, barring a catastrophic injury to Romo, Brees, or Warner.
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
oh and he's on the better team, and not hurt

and sorry, back to Romo vs. Brady, that's a much more ridiculous statement than Campbell being in the Pro Bowl over Romo, so that's why it's being contended more

and seriously? A random woman in a bank would be more likely to pick out Romo than Brady? Are you really serious?

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still am hesitant to put Campbell above the other 3 QBs in the NFC East, but he definitely deserves a Pro Bowl spot this season above all of them. To say that Romo deserves it more (even without considering him missing 3 games) is asinine.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Never said he wasn't. Just said he wasn't gonna get into the Pro-Bowl, barring a catastrophic injury to Romo, Brees, or Warner.
Romo is missing 3 ***** games. He is injured. End of story.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
I still am hesitant to put Campbell above the other 3 QBs in the NFC East, but he definitely deserves a Pro Bowl spot this season above all of them. To say that Romo deserves it more (even without considering him missing 3 games) is asinine.
And we all know how deserving players always make the Pro-Bowl, so why the hell are we arguing this? He's not getting in.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Romo is missing 3 ***** games. He is injured. End of story.
Who the hell cares. Roy Williams played like complete garbage for three straight seasons and he was in Hawaii at the beginning of February every single time. Geezus, what the hell is up with you people. Realize the point i'm arguing here.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
And we all know how deserving players always make the Pro-Bowl, so why the hell are we arguing this? He's not getting in.
You underestimate the amount of Redskins fans in America and how quickly people will start jumping off the Cowboys bandwagon.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 10-28-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
You underestimate the amount of Redskins fans in America and how quickly people will start jumping off the Cowboys bandwagon.
And you underestimate the amount of Cowboys fans as well as casual fans in the whole country that will click the little box next to a name as soon as they recognize it. It's not always about the best players getting in, the only people that realize how good Jason Campbell has been playing are Redskins fans and the real football nuts.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets-
Good Chance:
Alan Faneca (Run game has improved and a big part of it is him.)
Kris Jenkins (If you watch the Jets you know how big of an impact he has. When he isn't in our run defense is pitiful. creates a push every time)
Darrelle Revis
Kerry Rhodes
Old 10-28-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Romo's face is on Sportscenter just about every freakin' day. He doesn't shy away from attention or cameras. Tom Brady is seen everywhere with a ball cap slouched low, always looking down. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume that Romo has a more recognizable face than Brady. He makes commercials too.

I'm not too sure how to react to this lol.
please, brady is the mvp and was on espn EVERY DAY last year! they were airing his RADIO APPEARANCES ON SPORTSCENTER! IF BRADY SAID something (for example "we want to kill teams") it was on espn! romo isn't the best qb in his own division! my mom could not tell you who romo is! she could tell you who brady is though!
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

also, you are dumb if you think romo should get in the pro bowl. that would be as dumb as in 06 when he got in when he only played 11 games!
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who thinks Campbell has a snowball's chance in hell of making it over a healthy Tony Romo is delusional. Don't know why we even have to deal with stupidity like this.

And its not a stretch to say that Romo is the most recognizable QB in the league. Its not true, but I think it is fairly close. The dude has crossover appeal that Peyton and Favre can't touch. Only Brady is close, with his off the field antics. I would rank them like this:

1. Brady
2. Romo
3. Favre
4. Manning

Now if we're talking about exposure INSIDE the league, or within the circle of the football community, than that list looks more like the one that turtlepower posted. Still, Romo is charging fast. At the current pace, he will be the most recognizable figure in the NFL in two years. He just has the perfect storm of factors in his favor.

Again, not that it matters, though. I'd give all that up in a heartbeat in exchange for a win this weekend vs. the G-Men.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very true anyone who thinks there is any chance in hell Jason Campbell makes the pro bowl is dead wrong. I am obviously his biggest fan but I can tell you not only will he not make it, but I wouldn't put him there if I had a chance. A pro bowl QB is one who is a gun slinger and puts up huge stats. Campbell is not that, pro bowl does not award efficient QB's. Campbell is a game manager who is the reason why we are 6-2 but in no way does he deserve the pro bowl. There is no rewarding for being efficient, but for me I could care less. The skins only true pro bowlers are Clinton Portis, Chris Cooley, Mike Sellers and maybe Chris Samuels and Santana Moss. Guys who "should" make it like Landry and London Fletcher among others will not make the pro bowl. I will say though that it is a shame London Fletcher has never made a pro bowl. He's the new Fred Taylor. The guy is only behind Ray Lewis in most tackles this decade but has yet to be recognized. Maybe it's because he's short and stocky, but I'm sure he hasn't minded being under the radar his entire career.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Campbell will be an alternate for sure. He is having a very good season if Romo does not make it, then it will probably be him.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was worried as hell on draft day that we wouldn't get Jason. It was one of the stupidest things I had ever seen. Basically the Skins traded back into the first a day before the draft and declared that they were going to get Campbell. I was scared the whole day that a team that was interested in him like the Browns who really wanted him at 34 would jump ahead of us. All the analysts said that it was just smokescreen so we could take Matt Jones at 25. Luckily Jones went at 21 and we will never know if we would have taken him, God forbid. It was definitely one of the drafts worst kept secrets.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Very true anyone who thinks there is any chance in hell Jason Campbell makes the pro bowl is dead wrong. I am obviously his biggest fan but I can tell you not only will he not make it, but I wouldn't put him there if I had a chance. A pro bowl QB is one who is a gun slinger and puts up huge stats. Campbell is not that, pro bowl does not award efficient QB's. Campbell is a game manager who is the reason why we are 6-2 but in no way does he deserve the pro bowl. There is no rewarding for being efficient, but for me I could care less. The skins only true pro bowlers are Clinton Portis, Chris Cooley, Mike Sellers and maybe Chris Samuels and Santana Moss. Guys who "should" make it like Landry and London Fletcher among others will not make the pro bowl. I will say though that it is a shame London Fletcher has never made a pro bowl. He's the new Fred Taylor. The guy is only behind Ray Lewis in most tackles this decade but has yet to be recognized. Maybe it's because he's short and stocky, but I'm sure he hasn't minded being under the radar his entire career.
SOMEONE, gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Anyone who thinks Campbell has a snowball's chance in hell of making it over a healthy Tony Romo is delusional. Don't know why we even have to deal with stupidity like this.

And its not a stretch to say that Romo is the most recognizable QB in the league. Its not true, but I think it is fairly close. The dude has crossover appeal that Peyton and Favre can't touch. Only Brady is close, with his off the field antics. I would rank them like this:

1. Brady
2. Romo
3. Favre
4. Manning

Now if we're talking about exposure INSIDE the league, or within the circle of the football community, than that list looks more like the one that turtlepower posted. Still, Romo is charging fast. At the current pace, he will be the most recognizable figure in the NFL in two years. He just has the perfect storm of factors in his favor.

Again, not that it matters, though. I'd give all that up in a heartbeat in exchange for a win this weekend vs. the G-Men.
Make that two someones.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 10-28-2008 at 06:22 PM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote