Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
jetsfan0099
Rookie

jetsfan0099 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Jets that should make it based off of play this year.

1-Darrelle Revis-Has been one of if not the best CB in football this year, consistently shutting his man down.
2-Kris Jenkins-One of the most dominating defensive players in the league right now, definitely the best NT in the league right now.
3-Shaun Ellis-The man has been on fire, has 7 sacks as a 3-4 DE right now.
4-Nick Mangold-Has really became a force in the middle, can open holes and pass protect with any OL in the NFL, and is extremely smart to play the role of a center.

Jets that can make it off of name.

1-Brett Favre-Hes Favre, the AFC doesn't have a lot of great QBs this year. If Favre ends up with 30+ TD passes he will probably make the probowl regardless of anything.

2-Alan Faneca-Hes been to 8 straight probowls, a future HOFer. He has been dominant as a run blocker opening gigantic holes, but his pass blocking isn't that great. Thats the only reason I have him down here because of his pass blocking not being that great, even though his impact as a run blocker has been amazing.

3-Kerry Rhodes-He hasn't had a INT yet, he has been playing very well, just hasn't had the opportunity for a INT yet. Teams are really throwing away from him, he jumped a few passes and was close to INTs but just hasn't happened yet. His INts could happen in a bunch soon enough though, and hes still one of the best safeties in the game.

Jets that just miss it
1-D'Brickashaw Ferguson-After many labled him D'Bust he has became quite a dominant pass blocker this year. Only allowing 1 sack that was Favre's fault for moving into it. He has been shutting down pass rushers all season, and it isn't a fluke. The man has worked his butt off since we drafted him, and its paying off. He is playing at a level as high as any LT in football, really improved his run blocking also, seen him make some key blocks this year on the ground.

2-Thomas Jones-He is having a nice season, 600+ yards 4.5 average 5 TDs. Hes on pace for 1,200+ yards 10 TDs. Thats a good season, especially for a guy on pace for 260 carries.

3-Cotchery-Hes on pace for close to 1,000 yards and 9 TDs.

4-Coles-Hes on pace for close to 1,000 yards and 10 TDs.

Both WRs are having good years, regardless of the adversity they faced. Them having to transition to a new QB with only weeks before the season, and also being very banged up all season. Cotchery has a shoulder problem and Coles has had a leg injury all season.

Last edited by jetsfan0099 : 11-03-2008 at 08:55 PM.
jetsfan0099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Romo makes it this year it will just prove how crappy the system is.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
If Romo makes it this year it will just prove how crappy the system is.
Biscuit Williams has proved that already for the past three years.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets players i voted in:

Nick Mangold
Alan Faneca
Kris Jenkins
Shaun Ellis
Darrelle Revis
Kerry Rhodes

At least 3 of these guys should get in. all are making great cases to be voted in.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamar Woodley and James Harrison should make it in.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of Giants have good shots at making it in, Eli has a good chance, Jacobs deserves it and has a shot (probably will not because MBIII and the Cowboy lover system, no offense Cowboys fans you know its true though, Roy Williams...), Justin Tuck is a lock, Chris Snee should be in he is a top 3 guard in my opinion but he will be snubbed I know, Corey Webster has done so unbelievable well but probably won't get in, and same with Fred Robbins. All have great cases to get in but the only ones I think will get in and/or should are Eli Manning, Justin Tuck, and Chris Snee.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually if I had wish anyone that would get in I'd hope the fans vote at LEAST 1 person from our offensive line in the pro bowl. That's what I am most interested in seeing..
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Actually if I had wish anyone that would get in I'd hope the fans vote at LEAST 1 person from our offensive line in the pro bowl. That's what I am most interested in seeing..
It has to be Snee, he has deserved it the last two years and I will be extremely angry if he does not get in, he is the anchor of our very good O-line, and I am so happy we locked him up.

The only lock from our team is Tuck and that is it, everyone else is up in the air.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 11-04-2008, 12:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
It has to be Snee, he has deserved it the last two years and I will be extremely angry if he does not get in, he is the anchor of our very good O-line, and I am so happy we locked him up.

The only lock from our team is Tuck and that is it, everyone else is up in the air.
Yeah I'd agree on Tuck. But I am not sure about Snee.. I don't trust any NFL fan voting until I see it first hand that someone from our OL gets in. If it is someone it will be Snee, but I would also hope David D. gets in too. That was one of the ballsy moves Reese made by getting rid of Luke P. and then switching David D. over.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah I'd agree on Tuck. But I am not sure about Snee.. I don't trust any NFL fan voting until I see it first hand that someone from our OL gets in. If it is someone it will be Snee, but I would also hope David D. gets in too. That was one of the ballsy moves Reese made by getting rid of Luke P. and then switching David D. over.
Diehl has definitely taken a huge leap at LT from last year, I think he we keep developing there and we don't need an LT, although I think Diehl can be a top 5 guard... if we can get an LT to replace him. Anyway, if it ain't broke don't fic it... Diehl will keep improving at LT, Seubert will be solid, O'Hara will be very good and a leader, Snee will play top 3 without the recognition, and Mckenzie will also be very good, I really do like our O-Line, and I love Boothe and Whimper's potential as our back-ups. I never really saw Luke, I am 14 and I was like 11 or something and I didn't know anything and just looked at madden rating so Roy Williams was a beast to me back then... I honestly knew nothing lol.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 11-04-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Ahhh a youngon. I am 27 and can tell you Luke was good, but never lived up to his great potential. Not to mention his false starts would drive me nuts! That one Seattle game was the worse performance ever I seen.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ahhh a youngon. I am 27 and can tell you Luke was good, but never lived up to his great potential. Not to mention his false starts would drive me nuts! That one Seattle game was the worse performance ever I seen.
I always knew he was at least a decent player, but the way Scotty talks about him I think he was horrible. I was always a Giants fan back then but it was weird like I only knew Kerry Collins, Tiki Barber, Strahan, Toomer and Hilliard. I could not careless about the defense or the O-line... I remember crying after Ron Dixon ran a kick return with 5 seconds left to like the 5 to win the game and we lost... I remember the Super Bowl and I hated Collins from that, and I always liked Hilliard... that is all I remember. I remeber at my first ever Giants game when I used to live in NY my dad bought me a Jason Sehorn jersey and I thought he was the GOAT after that lol, then we lost to the Eagles 13-10 and I have hated Donovan Mcnabb ever since.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 11-04-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcon players you need to vote in:

Roddy White, Michael Turner, John Abraham

Player I will vote in:

Matt Ryan :)

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:52 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

No Luke wasn't bad but didn't reach expectations, and factor in injury, mainly his back and penalties and that's what I remember. Sehorn in his prime was a sick, sick CB. He had amazing hands, as seen by that great INT against the Eagles in the playoffs. That's one of the best Ints I ever seen. That knee injury really made him a shell of himself. But Sehorn was the man in his prime. I always hated Kerry Collins and still do. I am so glad we got rid of him.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Snee is a mortal lock for the Pro Bowl, Giants fans. O'Hara, Diehl and McKenzie all have a decent shot as well, with O'Hara having the best of the 3, probably. A winning team like that who is dominating on the ground is going to get a lot of attention for its OL. Just plan on it.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Diehl is honestly one of my favorite LT's in the NFL. I love how he makes up for everything he lacks in an elite LT with how physical he is.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:47 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Falcon players you need to vote in:

Roddy White, Michael Turner, John Abraham

Player I will vote in:

Matt Ryan :)

I wrote in Michael Jenkins as well.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I wrote in Michael Jenkins as well.
Awful. You and your dumb Buckeyes.

If LaMarr Woodley and Charles Woodson (Praised Be His Name) don't make the Pro Bowl, I will choke a *****.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Chris Snee is a mortal lock for the Pro Bowl, Giants fans. O'Hara, Diehl and McKenzie all have a decent shot as well, with O'Hara having the best of the 3, probably. A winning team like that who is dominating on the ground is going to get a lot of attention for its OL. Just plan on it.
Yeah as long as one of them make it then that would be cool. THat's one position group I want them to be recognized by others around the league. I am guessing that our record and our stats is enough for fans to vote our players in. Ironically enough Osi was our lone pro bowler last season, and with him on IR, we technically have zero now, lol.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears u need to vote in:
Lance Briggs.
sadly but true, thats it

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs that sould be in:
Derrick Johnson
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Chiefs that sould be in:
Derrick Johnson
Based on what? His stats are avg on a losing team. These guys have better stats then him in terms of tackles. I think the first two below have a excellent shot, and Harrison is on a winning team and racking up sacks so perhaps he may go. Johnson needs to get alot more stats especially being on a bad team to be considered. Johnson has variety of things from FFs and pass defended but that's the C2 system helping out. But he needs to have better stats especially since offenses can move the ball against you guys, and since your offense has issues at times, that means the D is on the field to have a chance to make more plays. I was on the KC MB and they are annoyed with him, and some think he is not worth a huge contract.

Dj Williams OLB
Zach Diles OLB
Freddie Keiaho OLB
Rashad Jeanty OLB
Thomas Howard
James Harrison
Old 11-04-2008, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

49ers that deserve to go.

Frank Gore
Patrick Willis

I know real shockers.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals who deserve to go

Kurt Warner
Anquan Boldin
Larry Fitzgerald
Adrian Wilson
Rod Hood
Darnell Dockett
Karlos Dansby

Fitz is the only one who will actually get to go, **** you media

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

browns who should go:
shaun rogers, phil dawson, and maybe josh cribbs or lawrence vickers.