Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneloc498 View Post
All I am going to say is if Chris Snee does not make the Pro Bowl this year it will be total horseshit. He could very well be the best RG in the game let alone the NFC. The man is just a beast, run blocks extremely well and just mauls people in the passing game, might be the MVP so far for the Giants.
Not even the best RG in the NFC Beast.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Not even the best RG in the NFC Beast.
All three NFC "Beast" RG's we're thinking of should be in the Pro-Bowl. Chris Snee is definitely under-appreciated amongst casual fans, Andrews is a stud and Davis is still eating people alive. All three are PB players, maybe they won't all get in though.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks I think Frank should be in it he is having a great year, but all the other great years right now are being had by backs in the NFC.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
All three NFC "Beast" RG's we're thinking of should be in the Pro-Bowl. Chris Snee is definitely under-appreciated amongst casual fans, Andrews is a stud and Davis is still eating people alive. All three are PB players, maybe they won't all get in though.
I hope Arron Sears/Davin Joseph get some consideration this year. They have been beastly.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Willis might be the only one for San Fran depending on how the rest of the season goes.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots

-Either Moss or Welker should make it. Neither are putting up near the numbers they did last year but they still have been playing their roles well. Moss is the fruntrunner out of the two.
-At least one of Seymour/Wilfork/Warren should make it. They are all outstanding but they each seem to overshadow eachother at times.
-Jerod Mayo has a small chance but I doubt he makes it.
-Adailus Thomas has a good chance.
-Steven Gostokski is having a great year so far, he has a decent chance.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe a single Cowboys fan hasn't given a breakdown in this entire thread. Fine, I'll stick my neck out.

Offense:

Tony Romo: Near Lock
Of course, this assumes a clean bill of health after he comes back from the pinkie. Two weeks ago this would have been as close to a lock as possible. Oh how things change. As much as Brees is getting tons of hype--and he's playing very well, and deserves a PB trip no questions asked--I find it funny how people discredit what Romo does and only ever give the dude back handed compliments. He's posting elite numbers in YPA, and TD%, along with excellent comp% and solid Int%. Besides that, he's 4-2 as a starter, even with a beat up supporting cast and an OL that began to deteriorate as the season went along and is leading an offense that was--at the time of his injury--right at the top of the league. What more do you want?

Meanwhile, Brees is putting up some very nice numbers, but let's not ignore that his totals are inflated by a system that actually runs via the pass, and that he is throwing the ball at a breakneck pace. He is elite in comp% and YPA(which is usually a weakness in his game), solid in Int%, and mediocre in TD%...something that would shock the average fan who only looks at total TDs. Finally, he is leading a team that is just 4-4, though he has admittedly dealt with injuries to key players as well. More importantly, he has failed to produce points late in games at least twice against two mediocre (if not terrible) defenses this season--though one might quible with the Denver game; personally, I say if all you can get Gramatica is an iffy 43 yard field goal--and time isn't what stopped you--then you weren't good enough to win. But that's just me. I see a case for him making it as a starter, and I think he actually will do so, but there is no basis--should he be passed over in favor of Romo--for calling it a "snub" or waxing bitter about over zealous Cowboy fans. Ok, I'm done now, I swear.

Marion Barber: 50-50
I personally see him as no better than 5th in the NFC right now. AP hasn't quite been the world-beater we expected, but he's still the best talent in the league, and having a solid year considering the attention he receives. Portis looks to be a shoe-in, obviously. That leaves Turner, Gore, Barber, Jacobs, Bush and Westbrook, in that order. Westbrook has been the best in the league when completely healthy (yes, Skins fans, better than Portis) except that has only happened 3 times so far this year. He will gain should he stay in the game. Turner has been great-to-bad on a surprising team, Gore has been excellent on a bad team, and what Barber lacks in efficiency he makes up for in versatility, game changing plays and volume as opposed to Jacobs. I'd have him slightly above the big guy. All that said, I do not expect him to make it, as I think at least one of those other guys will really separate themselves in the 2nd half of the year.

Flozell Adams: Decent chance
Unfortunately, his name and his team might get him in. Started strong, picking up where he left off last year, had the best camp of his life, and then began to fade. Inexplicable. Has been a huge reason for the Cowboy's struggle.

Andre Gurode: Excellent
Has been a rock inside, for the most part. Has regressed a little from is peak to my eye, though it could be my imagination. Still very good and has the name recognition from making it the last two years. Injuries or a total team collapse are the only things that will keep him out. Interesting, though, that a team with two maulers like him and the next guy on my list would have such a hard time getting consistent push up the middle vs. the run. Hmmm.

Leonard Davis: Excellent
Again, name recognition here, but he's been superb again. Still, a step back from last year's dominating performance, but he just eats people up. Slightly less of a chance than Gurode because of the competition he faces at the position. Andrews, Snee, Evans, Joseph and Hutchinson all play the position. But if he holds strong he should make it...again, pending a natural-disaster by the team.

Jason Witten: Lock
The dude was having an all-time season before Tony went down. Might be the best all-around TE I have ever personally witnessed, with a devastating combo of receiving skills and blocking ability. Unfortunately, his name has now been added to the list of Cowboys who are fighting through injury. Only way he doesn't make it is if he goes out for an extended period with another injury.

TO: Long Shot
People are thinking, "wtf, TO is a lock, he will get in no matter what". Wrong. He's made a lot of enemies, who immediately emerge from the woodwork when he is found amidst adversity. The fan vote will not be enough to overcome the general bad feeling among coaches towards him, and the players, imo, are 50-50 for-and-against him. Without the numbers, he won't make it. At this point, he would have to have a mind-boggling end-of-season run to repair the damage already done to them.

Patrick Crayton:Lock
Making sure you're still paying attention.

All 5 of you.

Defense

Category I: The Pretenders

Zach Thomas: Decent
The dude just makes Pro Bowls. His fate will be determined by the team. He's been good but not great for us so far, and has actually provided a solid upgrade at his position, but isn't playing on the same level as the Willis', Beasons, and Urlachers (even in a down year, I put him up there) of the conference...and even not up to what Fletcher, Pierce and Harris are doing.

Brady James: Long shot
I think he's been close for the last two years. Doesn't deserve it, but he's one of those guys that can sneak through under the right circumstances. (you all know who I'm talking about......yeah, that's right DeAngelo :P)

Ken Hamlin: Decent
The guy has been a solid spot in a sea of turmoil this year. Its hard to tell exactly how good he's been in coverage because of the breakdowns all over the field, but he hasn't been getting posterized a la RW vs. the Rams. I think he's been good, but won't get recognized unless the team turns it around and makes a positive splash.

And yes, he's the only member of the best secondary of this decade who even has a shot at making the PB. So there's that.

Category II: The Real Deal

Jay Ratliff: Decent
This pick brings me to a point I'd like to make. Often times, a poster seizes on a position of less notoriety or one in which a player's contribution is difficult to quantify and says "(fill in name of player on said poster's favorite team) should make it, he is soooo underrated".

This is not that. You have to believe me. The man has put up 4 sacks, 15 solo tackles, 8 assists and 4 PDs playing undersized at the NT position in a 3 man line, where he is a marked man on every play. He has 2 recorded TFL, though that stat is unreliable and I have it closer to 5, maybe 6. I could not find the stat for QB pressures, but he has been getting after the QB every game. He's 4th among all DTs in sacks, but of the 3 ahead of him (Haynesworth, Robbins and Williams) two play the 3 tech, and the other one is in another conference. More than anything, he's been an absolute dog on every play of every game. Sadly, I don't know that he will get the recognition, but I would be by far the most excited about him making it out of anyone on the team.

DeMarcus Ware: Lock
I said before the season that I needed to see a little more consistency from game to game, and something resembling that "other gear" that great players go into when their teams need them the most in order to put him among the top 5 defensive players in the game. Now, he's earned it. The dude was an unstoppable force against St. Louis in every facet of the game, and harrassed the hell out of Garcia all day long against the Bucs. Of course, he also tied the record for most consecutive games with a sack, and has been a regular force versus the run with 4 recorded TFLs. I think that covers it.

All told, here is the breakdown from the team:

Lock:
Ware
Witten

Near-Lock:
Romo

Excellent:
Gurode
Davis

50-50:
Barber

Decent:
Hamlin
Thomas
Ratliff

Long Shot:
TO
James

That's 11 total. If we finish the season on fire, I think at least 9 of them make it, and maybe another 1 or 2 that aren't on the list but that emerge unexpectedly. If we fall apart and go 7-9, only Ware, Witten and probably Romo make it. If its in the middle, then we have a possible embarrassing situation in which Dallas has more Pro Bowlers than wins. That would be he ultimate slap in the f***ing face.

+ rep to anyone who makes it all the way through the post...without reading this line first. :D
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read it all!. Props for the Patrick Crayton thing.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:46 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

I read it too very indepth good stuff.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:46 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Andrews won't go. He's been hurt all year except for one or two games.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Not bad. Ratliff is very, very good.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

sack machine, hate to break it to you but romo is not very respected by head coaches around the league. they think he is soft and a walking fumbling machine. i read that in the preview mag. of pro football weekly. he has also missed 2 games (going on 3) and won't have the cumulative stats to get in.

the 3 qbs that will make it:
nfc
drew brees
kurt warner
jason campbell
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:34 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When does the voting close? I forgot.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:49 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
sack machine, hate to break it to you but romo is not very respected by head coaches around the league. they think he is soft and a walking fumbling machine. i read that in the preview mag. of pro football weekly. he has also missed 2 games (going on 3) and won't have the cumulative stats to get in.

the 3 qbs that will make it:
nfc
drew brees
kurt warner
jason campbell
There's no way in hell Jason Campbell makes the Pro Bowl over Tony Romo. I'm not being a homer at all, but c'mon, you have to take into consideration who votes these guys in. Romo is respected by players AND coaching staffs, contrary to what PFW tells you. He fumbles a lot, but hey, so does Kurt Warner. Fans voted Roy Williams in for three years before they realized how much of a bum he is (oh wait, they still haven't cause he made it last year), so there's no way they don't vote in the (arguably) most popular quarterback in the league not named Favre.

Quote:
Not bad. Ratliff is very, very good.
As an eagle fan, you should know. :D
jk
Old 10-28-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
There's no way in hell Jason Campbell makes the Pro Bowl over Tony Romo. I'm not being a homer at all, but c'mon, you have to take into consideration who votes these guys in. Romo is respected by players AND coaching staffs, contrary to what PFW tells you. He fumbles a lot, but hey, so does Kurt Warner. Fans voted Roy Williams in for three years before they realized how much of a bum he is (oh wait, they still haven't cause he made it last year), so there's no way they don't vote in the (arguably) most popular quarterback in the league not named Favre.

As an eagle fan, you should know. :D
jk
but here is the thing, peyton manning and brady are still more popular than romo. also, mcnabb.
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
but here is the thing, peyton manning and brady are still more popular than romo. also, mcnabb.
Peyton yes, Tom Brady is popular but not as recognizable as Romo. McNabb is fat.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Peyton yes, Tom Brady is popular but not as recognizable as Romo.
You cannot be serious.

Quote:
McNabb is fat.
McNabb is fat? Really? Um, how exactly, because I'm not seeing it. McNabb's completing 62.5% of his passes. Not too shabby considering everyone around him has been hurt.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
You cannot be serious.
Romo's face is on Sportscenter just about every freakin' day. He doesn't shy away from attention or cameras. Tom Brady is seen everywhere with a ball cap slouched low, always looking down. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume that Romo has a more recognizable face than Brady. He makes commercials too.

Quote:
McNabb is fat? Really? Um, how exactly, because I'm not seeing it. McNabb's completing 62.5% of his passes. Not too shabby considering everyone around him has been hurt.
I'm not too sure how to react to this lol.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Romo's face is on Sportscenter just about every freakin' day. He doesn't shy away from attention or cameras. Tom Brady is seen everywhere with a ball cap slouched low, always looking down. I don't think it's that much of a stretch to assume that Romo has a more recognizable face than Brady. He makes commercials too.
Your Cowboys homerism has reached an alarming high.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Peyton yes, Tom Brady is popular but not as recognizable as Romo. McNabb is fat.
Uhhhh. No. Not that it matters, but no.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Your Cowboys homerism has reached an alarming high.
Lol and your Cowboys hate has as well. How is that even being a homer? All i'm saying is that the Cowboys get a ton of media coverage, Romo does commercials and is stalked by photographers. What the hell does that exactly have to do with me being a homer?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Lol and your Cowboys hate has as well. How is that even being a homer? All i'm saying is that the Cowboys get a ton of media coverage, Romo does commercials and is stalked by photographers. What the hell does that exactly have to do with me being a homer?
If you truly and honestly think that Tony Romo is more recognizable than Tom Brady, you need to check yourself into the nearest mental hospital.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
If you truly and honestly think that Tony Romo is more recognizable than Tom Brady, you need to check yourself into the nearest mental hospital.
As should you to treat your un-merited hate towards anything Cowboys-related.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Oh, like when I've said Jason Witten is the best TE in the league? Or when I say I'd still take Terrell Owens on my team any day? Or when I say Marion Barber is one of the most entertaining RBs in the league? Or maybe it's when I think Terrence Newman is one of the most, if not the most, underrated corner in the league? Um, okay.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, he is right here. Have you seen the millions of Stetson ads for Tom Brady. Or what about the huge amount of hype he got last season. The only reason you don't see him as much as Tony Romo is because 1 of them is out for the entire season.

Take this trophy, you've earned it.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote