Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Shaun Rogers

This is 3 games now I've seen him cheapshot the QB with no flag or fine.

Is he trying to end Careers?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
This is 3 games now I've seen him cheapshot the QB with no flag or fine.

Is he trying to end Careers?

That last one doesn't look fun. Palmer's injury instantly comes to mind.

Which reminds me.....what is a Steelers fan doing accusing another team of trying to end QB careers?

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-14-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The OLinemen was called for a hold on that play because he basically tackled Rogers, sending him falling into Eli's knee.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
The OLinemen was called for a hold on that play because he basically tackled Rogers, sending him falling into Eli's knee.
Yeah, I'm a Giants fan and it was completely Seubert (or O'hara) who held him into Eli. It was not Rogers fault at all for tackling low on that play.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
That last one doesn't look fun. Palmer's injury instantly comes to mind.
The difference being that Kimo was actually trying to not injure Palmer.

Looks near identical to brady's injury.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I guess it is safe to assume that you know when someone is trying to injure a player and when someone isn't. Good to know that you can read minds.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Stiller, it's time to confront the other posts in the thread. Then crawl back into your hole when you realize that you failed at trying to make a divisional rival look bad.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Eh, I'm sure the Lineman tackled him, But He clearly had no problem rolling INTO the knee, as opposed to the clear fall..

Much Like Wilforks Elbow to the knee last year no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

Old 10-14-2008, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Stiller, it's time to confront the other posts in the thread. Then crawl back into your hole when you realize that you failed at trying to make a divisional rival look bad.
WTF?

Seriously? I could give a crap about the Browns, They make themselves look bad, I don't need to bag on them.

I just think it's ridiculous this guy is getting free shots at QB's.

God forbid I have a ******* opinion.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:19 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eh, I'm sure the Lineman tackled him, But He clearly had no problem rolling INTO the knee, as opposed to the clear fall..

Much Like Wilforks Elbow to the knee last year no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g
No, it doesen't look anything like that play because Wilfork intentionally elbowed Losman as he was falling and Rogers was tackled into the Qb. Why would any defensive player go out of his way to try and avoid hitting the QB when it was the olinemen's force that propelled him towards the QB?
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
WTF?

Seriously? I could give a crap about the Browns, They make themselves look bad, I don't need to bag on them.

I just think it's ridiculous this guy is getting free shots at QB's.

God forbid I have a ******* opinion.
Calm down Stiller.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:35 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
No, it doesen't look anything like that play because Wilfork intentionally elbowed Losman as he was falling and Rogers was tackled into the Qb. Why would any defensive player go out of his way to try and avoid hitting the QB when it was the olinemen's force that propelled him towards the QB?
I'm not saying they don't.. but look at the pics.

Rogers was far enough away that he could have made any effort to avoid attacking Mannings knee, but he went full on trying to roll into it as well..

When he's coming down he's in the front of the knee, hits on the side, rolls into the back of the knee.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:20 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From the pictures it looks like he's pulling Eli's foot back which wouldn't hurt as much as him rolling onto his knee sideways with his body weight.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:21 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude, his head is facing the ground in every frame, how does he know if the ball is out? Should he just assume its out and stop?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:11 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're hitting a player who's standing still and not adjusting their body for the hit there's always going to be the potential for injury.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Neither of Rogers hits on Manning were dirty. The play pictured above was a result of Rich Seubert tackling Rogers into Manning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think they were dirty either. In the first pic Seubert basically grabbed his leg and tackled him, causing him to fall forward into Eli's knee. I don't recall the other one.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Funny how the blocker on his back looks nearly identical as well. He was clearly blocked into Manning on the play. I'm not a Browns fan really, although I love BE as a former Wolverine, but I'm sorry, that wasn't a dirty play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I didn't think they were dirty either. In the first pic Seubert basically grabbed his leg and tackled him, causing him to fall forward into Eli's knee. I don't recall the other one.
That was the only one I saw in the Giants Game. I know he's lowered his helmet into a chest twice this season.

Watching the replay I'd like to thank people for point out Seubert, I honestly didn't see him tackling him.. looked like he gave the old "Look out" Block

Old 10-14-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was the only one I saw in the Giants Game. I know he's lowered his helmet into a chest twice this season.

Watching the replay I'd like to thank people for point out Seubert, I honestly didn't see him tackling him.. looked like he gave the old "Look out" Block
Not that I definately know what two plays you're talking about, but wouldn't you rather have him plant his helmet in a chest than go helmet to helmet? I'm pretty sure that's kind of the general area where you might want your helmet as a defender. Or do you mean as he was taking them to the ground/had them on the ground? Because that would be a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

shaun rogers is awesome, he's having a great year in cleveland, great trade so far. that is all.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oh please...don't tell me you actually bought that act that Kimo did at the end of the play.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
Not that I definately know what two plays you're talking about, but wouldn't you rather have him plant his helmet in a chest than go helmet to helmet? I'm pretty sure that's kind of the general area where you might want your helmet as a defender. Or do you mean as he was taking them to the ground/had them on the ground? Because that would be a different story.
After the QB released the ball on both occasions, he took 2 steps and just Rhino'd the QB In the Chest/Shoulder area.

400Lbs in a small area, led with a helmet.. it's going to cause problems whether he drove them to the ground or not. But both times the QB "launched" For lack of a better term.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Oh please...don't tell me you actually bought that act that Kimo did at the end of the play.
...You know that Kimo and Palmer were/are friends?

And If there was a guy in the league that I couldn't contemplate with intent to injure it would be him.

if he wasn't trying to get out of the way he would've landed on Palmer when he went down, not behind him.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wah wah wah wah wah.

Seriously dude. You come in, try to make a stink. And everyone tells you you're wrong.

Logical Options on why:

A) because they're all homers
B) because you're the smartest guy in the room
C) because you're completely blind (no offense to blind people)

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote