Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezPower4 View Post
I never said that Henny/ Reeves/ Jones were better all I said was that with two rookies playing it make things more difficult for Dallas. The rookies are better than the afore mentioned group but like all rookies they're going to make mistakes and CB is a position that when you make a mistake often times that mistake costs your team 6 points.
You missed my last edit...I guess.

Like i said, it is in no way ideal but, still in better shape than last season. Obviously, it's not a strength, though. Not anymore.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant believe people are even saying this suspension was wrong...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
E-Thuggin

Old 10-14-2008, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I cant believe people are even saying this suspension was wrong...
No one is arguing it.. Pacman should be banned from the league IMO.

Just seems like Goodell is throwing random #'s out for suspensions.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
No one is arguing it.. Pacman should be banned from the league IMO.

Just seems like Goodell is throwing random #'s out for suspensions.
How is that? He says its at least 4. Could be forever

Old 10-14-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
E-Thuggin

Quote:
It's another in the long list of random punishments...there's no consistency...this has been rehashed a million times on this website.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Thuggin View Post
It's another in the long list of random punishments...there's no consistency...this has been rehashed a million times on this website.
gtfo Moses

But yes we also said he had like what 2-3 years. give him some time to ******* settle down

Old 10-14-2008, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
....I'm not talking about Pacman only.. But again, thanks for jumping in without a clue.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
....I'm not talking about Pacman only.. But again, thanks for jumping in without a clue.
yea ur talking about Matt Jones in a thread that has nothing to do with him. And still uve said it a couple of times, its kinda lame after a while

Old 10-14-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
God damnit, when will people learn this isn't the big bad evil Goodell trying to attack one man.

Pacman Jones in his time has been accused and or charged and convicted of the following:
  • Assault
  • Vandalism
  • Disturbing the Peace
  • Violating conditions of his parole
  • disorderly conduct
  • public intoxication
  • Assault
  • Failing to Obey a police officer
  • Misdemeanor assault
  • Obstruction of justice
  • possession of marijuana
  • Driving under the influence
  • Assault
In addition to these charges one of the men witness say he was conferring with shot and paralyzed a former pro-wrestler and fired upon a security guard.

While you may not think him legally guilty and a jury of his peers may not have convicted him either, that doesn't have any affect on his relationship with the NFL.

The NFL's policy is a player conduct policy. Whether or not he commits a crime if he's in a drunken scuffle outside a nightclub, he's found to be breaking that policy, a provision of his re-reinstatement and thus deserves the suspension.

He hangs around with violent people, he hangs around with drug dealers and has been identified in an investigation speaking to a drug dealer over the phone, failing that on 5 separate occasions in 3 cities he's been accused of spitting on and hitting women. He's not some poor downtrodden man being beaten down by the evil commissioner, he's a scum bag.
I hate when people attack people's personalities when they don't even know the person or had a conversation with them. Pacman could be an all around douche but I don't know because I never met him. The commisioner should let the Judicial System run its course before giving out these suspensions. Also, public intoxication, possession of marijuana, Driving under the influence aren't scumbag crimes. Marijuana should be legal and the other two are just mistakes. I have a cousin who got a DWI I was dissapointed with him at first but since I know he made a mistake that he will never make again I still love him the same. This all comes back to the ridiculous notion that pro athletes need to be role models. Pro athletes are people who have a current skill that is only useful in their career. Just because someone can run a 4.3 and bench 400 lbs should they be look up to as heroes. Parents should be role models not athletes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA
Another Quick question if you beat up your bodyguard can he still be your bodyguard? That is like if the president beat up his secret service.
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

who cares about his character, he ****** up.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

Quote:
who cares about his character, he ****** up.
No he got into a fight
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic74 View Post
No he got into a fight
Hence, " ******* up" like Renji just stated. He should have known not to put himself in the situation. He should have known that 3-4 arrests ago.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
yea ur talking about Matt Jones in a thread that has nothing to do with him. And still uve said it a couple of times, its kinda lame after a while
In a thread about suspensions.. I talked about inconsistency among suspensions.

God.. my audacity to mention such a thing.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Goodell really think this guy will ever "get it?" This has to be his last chance. It just has to.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Does Goodell really think this guy will ever "get it?" This has to be his last chance. It just has to.
Goodell runs the league through Jerry Jones. Who doesn't know that???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
ChezPower4
Pro Bowler

ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChezPower4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope pacman is gone for good, let him go wrestle for a living... although he'll probably **** that up too.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

What a ***** move by Goddell. Put Mrs. Pac-man where he belongs...on the ******* street!

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 12:12 AM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

What I want to know is what the hell was in the water in the Old Virginia area in 2005? You had Pac Man and Chris Henry at WVU, Marcus Vick at VT, and Ahmad Brooks at UVA. Talk about an overabundance of thugnificence...

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:00 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
What I want to know is what the hell was in the water in the Old Virginia area in 2005? You had Pac Man and Chris Henry at WVU, Marcus Vick at VT, and Ahmad Brooks at UVA. Talk about an overabundance of thugnificence...
Dont u forget Michael Vick

Old 10-15-2008, 08:32 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 weeks then reevaluation? That's barely enough time for Pacman to get in shape for another TNA World Tag Team Title run....
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I find silly is that the league called the incident "alcohol-related". Pacman wasn't intoxicated or drunk. He's 21 so I guess he has the right to drink alcohol.

I don't want to argue with Pacman new suspension, but Goodel has no consistency with his suspensions. I understand why he ignores that the law says "innocent until proven guilty", it's because he wants to show that the league has zero-tolerance with thugs. But why no consistency with this policy? For example, why he suspended Pacman but didn't say a word about LJ?

Via CBS:

Quote:
Chiefs RB Larry Johnson was charged with pushing a woman at a Kansas City nightclub in February, the third time the Chiefs running back has been charged with assaulting a woman. He is to appear in court Dec. 3 and could face a maximum jail term of six months and a $500 fine. "I'm sure the league will get involved in it, I would assume," coach Herm Edwards said. "But I don't know that. I haven't heard anything." Edwards was evasive when asked if the two-time Pro Bowler would play this week against Tennessee. "I haven't made a decision on anybody right now," Edwards said.
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/396164

I can't wait for the day he suspend a player before he's proven guilty and then the jury finds the guy innocent.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So a guy never convicted for anything, but based on appearances only can be suspended like crazy...

But a guy that had to plead out his case to get into Rehab... Admitting guilt and being Convicted...

Doesn't even get a 1 game suspension?

I'm not advocating for Pacman.. he's a moron.. I'm just saying there is 0 consistency.. Sure Case to Case.. fine, but you have to let every first offender go if you don't think Cocaine on a first offense (Let alone being actually convicted) is a big deal.

In that case .... Thurman shouldn't have been suspended a year for a DUI, because he only should be guilty of the missed drug test (Or the other way around).

Darryl Blackstock and Shawne Merriman shouldn't have been Suspended for Steroids.. first offense.

Jared Allen should've missed only 1-2 games because 1 DUI would've been his "First offense"

with a first offense leniency policy, you open the can of worms..

Should have the same Black and white policy for everyone.
The reason Blackstock and Merriman were suspended is because testing positive for performance enhancers has an automatic 4 week suspension. It's always been like that and has nothing to do with Goodell's new personal conduct policies.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The reason Blackstock and Merriman were suspended is because testing positive for performance enhancers has an automatic 4 week suspension. It's always been like that and has nothing to do with Goodell's new personal conduct policies.
Yeah, people gotta stop comparing the two. It is really apples and oranges.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:49 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People need to grasp that in this suspension he's not being suspended for a drunken brawl.

No where has goodell said "a drunken brawl is good for 4 games"

Pacman's reinstatement was on the provision that he did not violate any of the player conduct rules or he could face suspension indefinitely and a term of not less than four games. Pacman agreed to these stipulations.

Pacman knew that if he messed up it would be four or more. This isn't Goodell saying that a brawl is worse than genocide or cocaine sniffing or anything. It is, what it is. A player being punished to the letter of his agreement.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote