Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
he's playing out of position, how the bloody hell do you start an undersized(yet ******* awesome) UT to begin with and put him at NT? Foster should be the starting UT in Indy, and he's the best ever
Mccargo vs Zuttah

Who wins?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Mccargo vs Zuttah

Who wins?
U mean Foster vs Zuttah

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
U mean Foster vs Zuttah
What you said.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Foster is far from "best ever", but Scottyboy is right about him playing out of position at NT.

With McCargo, perhaps Eric will be moved to his natural position.

This is a good move. 4th round isn't a low pick, especially considering Polian's history of finding gems in that round, but Colts need a good NT right NOW.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Foster has actually played surprisingly well at NT, but he will probably be more of a UT now who goes to NT during pass rushing downs.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
helluva player? yes he has the tools, but so did Brian Bosworth
he was a 1st round pick who couldnt even get on the field over players who were brought up from the practice squad.
ive seen him make 2 plays so far in his 3 year career.

hes been injured constantly, and hes come into camp (and fined) each year overweight.
im kinda happy he got traded
Im happy that the organization is ok with admitting they made a mistake in that the drafted mccargo
this give possibly gives us a little ammo for possibly trading up this year in the draft.
I don't like seeing this, considering that Colts DTs have had trouble playing for more than 1 season, especially when they make an impact, at least recently. For example:

Corey Simon: Played entire 2005 season (Colts ranked 2nd in scoring defense on the season), retired during 2006 season due to injury.
Anthony "Booger" McFarland: Was traded to the Colts for a 2nd round pick, helped the team to a championship, then suffered a knee injury in training camp 2007. Hasn't retired (to my knowledge) but hasn't played a down since 2006.
Quinn Pitcock: 3rd round pick in 2007 draft. Had a solid rookie season, retired for reasons known only to himself at the start of training camp this year.
Ed Johnson: Undrafted Free Agent in 2007, had a great rookie campaign, was released from the team after run-in with the law.

Hopefully McCargo can buck the trend, make an impact, and stay around for more than a year. For a 4th round pick, it's a very low risk/high reward situation for the Colts, at the very least.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Hopefully McCargo can buck the trend, make an impact, and stay around for more than a year. For a 4th round pick, it's a very low risk/high reward situation for the Colts, at the very least.
mccargo has all the tools
i was realling thinking he would become very good
esp with the addition of stroud

but since Kyle Williams has played so great this year, and spencer johnson being not to shabby, i guess McCargo became expendable

its a good trade for the Colts, if he ends up succeeding, then Polian once again looks good
and if he doesnt play good, then its only a 4th
Old 10-14-2008, 08:13 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad news for me. I've always been a huge McCargo supporter for the Bills. I felt people put a lot of unrealistic expectations on him ever since we traded up to get him in round 1. I think he'll be REALLY good in Indy and well worth a 4th round pick.

I can only hope we do something good with this 4th rounder.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
What you said.
impossible, world explosion. can't ever happen. They'd engage in the trenches and the universe would explode with so many awesome molecules in such a small space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
impossible, world explosion. can't ever happen. They'd engage in the trenches and the universe would explode with so many awesome molecules in such a small space.
Good thing the Colts don't play the Bucs for another 3 years.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was good in spurts for the Bills. Wildly inconsistent. If the Colts can get a consistent effort out of him though they'll be getting a pretty good and versatile tackle who can play the nose and 3-tech in that style of defense.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move for the Colts.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
4th for a former 26th overall. Call me crazy but I'd rather keep the young talented defensive tackle.
I agree but for all we know they could of been on the cusp of releasing this guy...Very smart move on both ends, I like this deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, considering he was a first round pick and pissed about not getting any playing time I'm not surprised hes gone for that price. Kyle Williams has VASTLY out played him since their rookie years and now that we've got Marcus Stroud eating up the interior and Spencer Johnson rotating in as well he was getting upset about his playing time, so in typical Dick Jauron fashion he and the management got rid of a potential locker room headache. I liked what McCargo brought to the field because he was good for one big play in the back field every once in a while, but his inconsistency in performance, training and everything else was a bit much.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Well, considering he was a first round pick and pissed about not getting any playing time I'm not surprised hes gone for that price. Kyle Williams has VASTLY out played him since their rookie years and now that we've got Marcus Stroud eating up the interior and Spencer Johnson rotating in as well he was getting upset about his playing time, so in typical Dick Jauron fashion he and the management got rid of a potential locker room headache. I liked what McCargo brought to the field because he was good for one big play in the back field every once in a while, but his inconsistency in performance, training and everything else was a bit much.
Maybe being traded for a 4th will knock him down a peg or two. A reality check to let him know to get his ass in gear.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:18 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Wow, what a great pickup and McCargo will fit in perfectly with the Colts and the Cover 2 scheme and I think being around guys like Bob Sanders, Gary Bracket, Dwight Freeney, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and of coarse Peyton Manning I think his work ethic and habots will change. I wish the Texans or Bengals would have gotten him.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Wow, what a great pickup and McCargo will fit in perfectly with the Colts and the Cover 2 scheme and I think being around guys like Bob Sanders, Gary Bracket, Dwight Freeney, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne and of coarse Peyton Manning I think his work ethic and habots will change. I wish the Texans or Bengals would have gotten him.
To be real... I doubt any place promotes high intensity play and work ethic like Buffalo does. The amount of production and performance that the Bills get out of average players is astonishing and I don't think that a change of scenery will get more out of him over the long term. He played with guys who worked their asses off every day in Buffalo with Posluszny, Mitchell, Whitner, Schobel, Williams, Stroud, etc. etc. There aren't many if any teams that work harder and that the Bills and I don't think any team squeezes talent out of its players like the Bills can as evidenced by last season's 7-9 season with 17 players on IR. A true working mans team and if McCargo couldn't get motivated by them, I have a hard time believing he will be able to get more motivated in Indy...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good pickup for Indy worth a shot.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Polian rarely makes personnel errors.

I guarantee McCargo has a nice impact for the Colts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Polian rarely makes personnel errors.

I guarantee McCargo has a nice impact for the Colts.
He might be a steady starter but hes not going to be the stud that people in the thread are claiming he will be just because "ITS THE COLTS" its a system defense and its similar to what the Bills run, not a whole lot is going to change other than his playing time which will make his numbers look better compared to what they were like for the Bills where he was stuck behind a guy picked 4 rounds later than him in the same draft.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
To be real... I doubt any place promotes high intensity play and work ethic like Buffalo does. The amount of production and performance that the Bills get out of average players is astonishing and I don't think that a change of scenery will get more out of him over the long term. He played with guys who worked their asses off every day in Buffalo with Posluszny, Mitchell, Whitner, Schobel, Williams, Stroud, etc. etc. There aren't many if any teams that work harder and that the Bills and I don't think any team squeezes talent out of its players like the Bills can as evidenced by last season's 7-9 season with 17 players on IR. A true working mans team and if McCargo couldn't get motivated by them, I have a hard time believing he will be able to get more motivated in Indy...
My bad, I didn't know the mentality of the Bills and their coaching staff. Sorry man. Hey, how is Ko Simpson doing up their? I remember him having a really fine rookie season then geting hurt last year and being on IR. Is he progressing nicely? Or has he regressed?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Hes an average starter right now. He screws up an assignment every once in a while, but nothing drastic. Hes solid covering his half of the field, and hes pretty invisible on the field for the most part which could be a good thing, but he doesn't make many plays and is about at the same level as when he was a rookie. He was a good value where we picked him up and is certainly better than George Wilson or Bryan Scott. He just doesn't play in the box very well when we could use some help stopping the run. I know the Bills haven't been beaten deep at all this year though, so he must be doing something right and keeping teams going short against us, and thats what we let teams do. We'll give them the flats.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Yeah, he was one of the guys that I had wished the Texans could have grabbed in the 2006 draft. Pissed me off a little, I remember his 1rst year in college playing for a D1 program. He was being considered 1rst rounder, but he started to show some weaknesses and dropped. But still, you got to be happy that you find a solid starter in the 4th when most teams are just desperate to have a stop gap from the 4th.

Anyway, McCargo was a bit of a reach, but I liked his potential and he had great athloetci ability but your right, I think he felt like he was on the same level as Lawson and Mario when in reality he was a 2nd rounder that was picked in the 1rst. I think that hurt him because it inflated his ego and made him a bit lazy. No 1rst rounder should be a backup going into their 3rd year.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
He might be a steady starter but hes not going to be the stud that people in the thread are claiming he will be just because "ITS THE COLTS" its a system defense and its similar to what the Bills run, not a whole lot is going to change other than his playing time which will make his numbers look better compared to what they were like for the Bills where he was stuck behind a guy picked 4 rounds later than him in the same draft.
He didn't have Freeney playing next to him, he had Schobel.

I don't think he'll be a "stud"...whatever that means...but he will make a nice impact for that team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a die hard Colts fan, Im just glad they made a move to get a talented DT. No he probably wont come in an be a stud for us, although that would be very nice. I do believe though that he will be a solid DT for us and I think could be better than Ed Johnson was. He certainly has the talent to be a good Tampa 2 DT. I still believe we will target a DT early in the 09 draft even after this deal. Hopefully we will get someone like Sen Derrick Marks.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote