Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Eli Manning: 74.8 rating in 60 starts, Tim Couch: 75.1 rating in 59 starts

I was just looking up some players and thought this was very interesting. Does anyone else think Tim Couch got a raw deal playing under an awful regime with a miserable supporting cast? I mean, the guy had no receivers, line, or running game. I dunno. I mean, obviously Eli Manning has been more successful so far, but that's a very interesting statistical similarity, and I thought I'd bring it up.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Eli sucks the fatty against good defenses. Couch > Manning

I keed

(Why do we continue to use an ancient statistic?)
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well up until the end of last season and the playoffs Eli was highly inconsistent as a QB, and still is. He can either kill the team he's playing, or kill the team he's playing for. Those INT's last night were painful to watch. If he hadn't played so well at the end of last season and won a super bowl, I can't say that he would be the QB of the Giants still today.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli isnt good, 21% of his completions go to plaxico. He just throws to the tall guy.
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Eli sucks the fatty against good defenses. Couch > Manning

I keed

(Why do we continue to use an ancient statistic?)

You love changing your avatar!

Couch > Croyles > Elis!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think there's a number of quarterback prospects taken early in the first round who are, for lack of a better term, "ruined" because of the situations they are in.

Then again, one might make the point that them not thriving (and not thriving afterwards) indicates if they can truly make it. Eli for example, didn't buckle or crumble, and helped lead his team to success even if his overall numbers aren't pristine.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Rayray52
Veteran

Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.Rayray52 is a cocksman.

It's gonna be hilarious if the giants sign eli to a 100+ mil contract then release him 3 years later....
Rayray52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayray52 View Post
It's gonna be hilarious if the giants sign eli to a 100+ mil contract then release him 3 years later....
this may be the absolute dumbest thing I've ever read, ever. And I saw the bulk of GRF's time here, oh my ******* lord...

and you do know QB rating is possibly the WORST stat, ever. Find some other way to bash Eli, but please, good golly miss molly, do not use QB rating.

and wanna hear another stat? Rings: Eli 1, Couch 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Best defense (on a multi game roll)
Eli 1
Couch -30
Old 10-14-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
this may be the absolute dumbest thing I've ever read, ever. And I saw the bulk of GRF's time here, oh my ******* lord...

and you do know QB rating is possibly the WORST stat, ever. Find some other way to bash Eli, but please, good golly miss molly, do not use QB rating.

Can you tell us which QB stats matter, or are they only the ones that favor Eli manning in an argument?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Can you tell us which QB stats matter, or are they only the ones that favor Eli manning in an argument?
well considering I think INT's are a major factor, i don't think they all favor Eli... honestly, anything but QB rating. worst stat ever. I can't ******* stand it.

and rushing yards
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Does anyone think Couch is better than Manning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummm....if i were to start a franchise and had to choose between a Tim Couch circa 1999 clone and an Eli Manning clone circa 2004, its a pretty easy pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Couch Completion %: 59.8
Couch AVG per Att: 6.5
Couch TD-INT: 64-67
Couch YDS per Game: 179.5

Eli Comp %: 55.4
Eli AVG per Att: 6.4
Eli TD-INT: 84-68
Eli YDS per Game: 203.4

Who has had better surounding talent: Eli

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning-Super Bowl Ring

Tim Couch-Out of the league

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Answer my question please.

I hope you realize the fact that you guys are throwing numbers around only makes your argument less valid. Stats are not the way to evaluate a QB but hey, what can I expect from a bunch of kids that dont watch enough football?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-14-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that stat just shows how overrated of a stat QB rating is. =)
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
I am a narcissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post

I hope you realize the fact that you guys are throwing numbers around only makes your argument less valid. Stats are not the way to evaluate a QB but hey, what can I expect from a bunch of kids that dont watch enough football?
I'm 14, that makes me a teenager not a kid.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am a narcissist View Post
I'm 14, that makes me a teenager not a kid.
i thought it made you a pathetic attention *****?
Quote:
Old 10-14-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:

Eli, don't you have film to be watching or something?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

No answers.

Point made.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-14-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
I am a narcissist

Quote:
No answers.

Point made.
I would take Tim Couch over Eli Manning. Giants suck, Eli sucks, Osi is overrated.
  Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tim Couch > Eli Manning by 1.0040106951871657765010695187166 times.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
No answers.

Point made.
Why did you throw so many picks? A little pressure burst your pipes?
Old 10-14-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I know I'm no superkevin :(
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote