Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kellen Winslow suspended for "conduct detrimental to team"

Link coming soon.

www.nfl.com
Old 10-21-2008, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:03 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aww. nuts.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What jerks. Seriously, you're gonna take a full paycheck just because he called the team out on sandbagging him?
Old 10-21-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a necessary suspension at all. I expect the NFLPA to look into it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this seems a bit like retribution to me.
completely savage!

Old 10-21-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
this seems a bit like retribution to me.
completely savage!
Clever. lol

And it is retribution, can these suspensions even be appealed though?
Old 10-21-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Clever. lol

And it is retribution, can these suspensions even be appealed though?
I bet it will be appealed, but he'll still be suspended... just with pay.

What's amusing is that right next to the link...

'Winslow was quietly dangled before trade deadline'
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/10/21/wins...rade-deadline/

that's funny.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
I bet it will be appealed, but he'll still be suspended... just with pay.

What's amusing is that right next to the link...

'Winslow was quietly dangled before trade deadline'
http://blogs.nfl.com/2008/10/21/wins...rade-deadline/

that's funny.
I can't understand why a team like the Panthers wouldn't go out of their way to get their hands on him. He's a stud in every sense of the word, and he might eventually block some day.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I can't understand why a team like the Panthers wouldn't go out of their way to get their hands on him. He's a stud in every sense of the word, and he might eventually block some day.
maybe. either way. he's an oversized slot receiver who can stick his arms out and look like he's blocking. which is exactly what the panthers could use.

Old 10-21-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It takes some serious balls to say what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is BS, there is a record number of staph infections endangering players' careers coming out of Cleveland, and whoever talks about it publicly gets suspended? I am not a fan of Winslow but he is totally in the right here.

Cleveland's facilities are proving themselves to be stone age quality; staph infections are very serious business, and they just don't stop happening to Cleveland.

Good thing management just killed any chance that he resigns with them, because why would any player want to be there, where there is clearly a greater chance of contracting this condition? The fact that they're trying to hush it up instead of actually dealing with it, or GOD FORBID move the medical facilities and hire some competent advisors, speaks volumes.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome, I cant believe I root for this team...

Go to hell Cleveland.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Awesome, I cant believe I root for this team...

Go to hell Cleveland.
Yeah, how exactly is this gonna help the team? :/
Old 10-21-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
illmatic74
Veteran

illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74 illmatic74

They should then suspend Anderson and Edwards for hurting the team with their play
"The system can never stop what's been set into motion,like volcanic eruptions on the floor of the ocean,my purpose is to burst through the surface emerse in the smoldering lava from verses surrounded by, Murder mami's (not bitches that's worthless) i cut chicken heads off (like hexes and curses),weapons i purchase make homeland security nervous, i run pockets & purses like subway searches under Masonic temples disguised as churches"- Immortal Technique
illmatic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best part is if you go to one of the Browns message boards dawgtalkers.net they are talking about how this is good for the team and that our best offensive performance came without Winslow.

They seem to forget the 51 points we put up against Cinci, the pro bowl season by Winslow, the record tying amount of catches in one year by Winslow... Boy how people forget contributions so fast.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 10-21-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
The best part is if you go to one of the Browns message boards dawgtalkers.net they are talking about how this is good for the team and that our best offensive performance came without Winslow.

They seem to forget the 51 points we put up against Cinci, the pro bowl season by Winslow, the record tying amount of catches in one year by Winslow... Boy how people forget contributions so fast.
I always love how people try and spin stories to make themselves feel better about their miserable situation. You just suspended your most consistent and arguably best offensive player, and somehow you're gonna make the case that you're better without him? Right.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Yeah, were gonna end up trading him in the offseason leaving our best offensive player as someone who drops the ball the most in the league...

Martin Rucker better up being the second coming of jesus christ or im gonna kill Phil Savage.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he's a souljaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like soulja is gonna be crankin' it some place else come this offseason,

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Sounds like soulja is gonna be crankin' it some place else come this offseason,
Whaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is ridiculous, Boooooo the Cleveland organization and coaching staph!
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:34 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winslow to the ATL. Just do it.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm on winslow's side about how he was treated, but not about how he goes and calls out the GM as a knee jerk, emotional reaction following a very emotional tough loss in the locker room. He's still very immature in how he doesn't hold his tongue or think before he talks. If he's gonna say that stuff I'd rather see it in the middle of the week than right after a real emotional loss, it's too much like a little kid would do.

weird situation though next year: K2 is probably our best offensive player but if we trade him I don't think we'd really suffer that much as an offense. Kinda like NYG with Shockey but not exactly. Heiden and Rucker would do fine I think and we'd have money to sign or draft a #2 so we'd have a Boldin/Fitzgerald situation instead of a Owens/Witten one. I hope we keep him but I hear that's not likely, though I'd rather trade him than Edwards, though Braylon seems like he's gonna set the all time drops record this year.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Winslow can go to Atlanta to play with Matt Ryan and get as far away from Derek Anderson as possible.
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote