Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hopefully Winslow can go to Atlanta to play with Matt Ryan and get as far away from Derek Anderson as possible.
Hopefully Savage and Crennel GTFO and we keep Winslow and get a coach/gm who knows WTF they are doing.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's just me, but this feels like the official beginning of the end of Winslow in Cleveland. The stuff before could be overlooked, should have been overlooked, but this is something altogether different.

Stupid move by the Browns front office imo.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Walker reports that Winslow may be traded in the offseason

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation...e-in--09-.html

Probably more speculation than fact, but still interesting.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:38 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta offered a 2nd for Tony Gonzalez (2nd rounder) for a reason I am not sure of, but clearly they think a good TE is worth it. Gonzo refused to play with us I think, which is why the trade got rejected.

I wouldnt mind splitting with a 2nd and a 2nd day pick for Winslow. TE is a huge need for our offense anyway (the most glaring one at least).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
James Walker reports that Winslow may be traded in the offseason

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation...e-in--09-.html

Probably more speculation than fact, but still interesting.
Savage should be fired just because of the shirt he's wearing in that picture...

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winslow to the Falcons would be so amazingly good.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:57 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Winslow to the Falcons would be so amazingly good.
I wouldn't mind it, I don't dislike the Falcons so I could cheer for K2 on the Falcons.

I knew this **** was going to happen once Kellen didn't get a new contract in the offseason.

Edit : Oh yeah, this will give me another K2 jersey to get, **** YOU CLEVELAND...

Old 10-21-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Keep in mind a somewhat similiar situation occured last year. Deangelo Hall, he was 24 with a pro bowl or two under his belt at a more important position. The Browns, like the Falcons, have shown their hand in that they already tried to trade the player but unlike Hall Winslow has injury history.

Despite the fact that everyone that hates him and the fact that he is the CB being picked on at Oakland this year, (last year he was left alone and Houston was targetted) Hall did have a really good 07 season leading up to when he was traded BUT he also had some off and on feild issues throughout the year similiar to Winslow.

So my question is, how does Winslow's value differ (if at all) from the 2008 2nd and 2009 5th the Falcons got for Hall and why?

The falcons did try to get Tony Gonzales with a 2nd rounder already. The only thing stopping this trade from being a possibility IMO are the Falcons flagging Winslow as a guy they dont want in their locker room.

Edit: Both players were also high picks and want an extension. AND both players have complained about the management of their team and, in hindsight (if you have read up on Petrino and believe this Staph cover up thing) were/are somewhat justified

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 10-21-2008 at 09:25 PM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:17 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Winslow has injury problems, thats what the key concern is going to bey for most teams.

At catching passes, hes up there at the top though.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to remind everyone that the Cowboys drafted Jason Witten in Round 3.

Suckas!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is from a very reliable source on RealGM.com

Quote:
Players currently under contract that I expect to change uniforms this summer:
Kellen Winslow, who will either get traded or sit out. you heard it here first.
Derek Anderson, who will get a shot to start somewhere (MIN? KC?)
Chad Ocho Cinco and/or TJ Houshmandzadeh
Alex Smith, perhaps several 49ers who have not met expectations
Larry Johnson
Laurence Maroney
plus all the other potential free agents
The Cards have some interesting choices to make in terms of who to pay, including Matt Leinart
A lot of speculation, but he doesn't throw things out like that unless he knows what he is hearing something from the inside... this was before the suspension came out too.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I just want to remind everyone that the Cowboys drafted Jason Witten in Round 3.

Suckas!
Well the Skins took a little named guy name Chris Cooley from Utah State in the 3rd round in the same draft that Winslow went. BTW in the process of taking Cooley we took Sean Taylor at #5 instead of Winslow even though Gibbs was drooling over Winslow as his new aged H-Back, Winslow went 1 pick later. I remember draft time most media outlets and my self included expected us to take Winslow over Taylor. It was always between those two U guys. I remember I already had a rant written about Gibbs having a hard on for H-backs and being an idiot for taking Winslow over Taylor, luckily we didn't do that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Martin Rucker starting in his place?
Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winslow is not a problem in the locker room, so I really doubt that it'll hold the Falcons back from making a trade.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Screw you guys and the third round, Gates wasn't even drafted!!!

:D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Browns should try to trade Winslow for Boldin (if he gets franchised) and work out a deal for Boldin.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Winslow is not a problem in the locker room, so I really doubt that it'll hold the Falcons back from making a trade.
Yeah. Winslows rant about being a soulja was in college. And it wasnt even all bad. I havent heard anything out of him recently.

Jeez. I might be getting my hopes up.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the Lions picked up an extra 2nd from Cleveland to move down one spot, allowing the Browns to take Winslow.

The Lions took Roy Williams at that spot.. and then used their 'other' 2nd Rounder in a trade to move up for Kevin Jones. With the Browns' 2nd Rounder, we took Teddy Lehman.

Roy and Kevin are no longer on the team. Teddy Lehman has since been cut, brought back, and then put on IR.. Sigh. What could've been a huge, huge steal turned out to be much less.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Roy and Kevin are no longer on the team. Teddy Lehman has since been cut, brought back, and then put on IR.. Sigh. What could've been a huge, huge steal turned out to be much less.
Browns Lions and Bengals should see who has had the worst drafts since 1999...

Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren, William Green, K2, Edwards, Wimbley (WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?), Thomas/Quinn...

Before Winslow it was HORRIBLE, and even then we have him plagued with injuries Edwards plagued with drops, Wimbley fell off the map, leaving Thomas.

Old 10-22-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd let the Rams offer a 3rd this and 3rd next year for him :)

Future of Steven Jackson, Donnie Avery, Keenan Burton, Kellen Winslow Jr. with Bulger at the helm.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard this because I have seen it in a couple of places now; apparently he overdosed on ****** and ****** and his trick wouldn't go down for like 3 days...

http://thesportsaffiliate.com/2008/1...ellen-winslow/

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Just wondering if anyone else has heard this because I have seen it in a couple of places now; apparently he overdosed on ****** and ****** and his trick wouldn't go down for like 3 days...

major rumor.

not even worth posting.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post

This is the greatest thing I have ever read in my life.

Better than Ulysses.
Better than The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich.
Better than Dating for Dummies.

The event itself is probably more significant than the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Most credible rumor site in the world
There are RUMORS that this “staph” infection was due to Winslow allegedly taking too much ****** or ****** because he is a sex addict.
and I completely believe it.

Kellen "Limps-low"
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Trojanback02
Rookie

Trojanback02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Browns Lions and Bengals should see who has had the worst drafts since 1999...

Tim Couch, Courtney Brown, Gerrard Warren, William Green, K2, Edwards, Wimbley (WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO?), Thomas/Quinn...

Before Winslow it was HORRIBLE, and even then we have him plagued with injuries Edwards plagued with drops, Wimbley fell off the map, leaving Thomas.
Wow I always thought Detroit took the cake with this one, but you just made me realize the Browns have suffered just as much the past years.
Trojanback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:56 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't Faine in there too? The Browns draft history is really painful to see laid out like that. The Chargers have had some bad runs in that area too. Still, Brownies make my heart hurt.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote