Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-22-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Wasn't he throwing a fit about a contract?

I also heard Minny offered the Browns 2 - 1sts for Brady Quinn...

Imagine the overhaul 2 extra first rounders and whatever they got for Winslow could do.
Be spent on busts.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Be spent on busts.
Well think of it this way:

Most teams with a lot of high picks (See most teams but Raiders, Lions, Bengals & Browns).. Tend to get a lot of good players with an occasional bust.

but if you have say:

1, 1, 2, 2 In one draft.. thats 4 of the top 64 players. There's a small chance that they could accidentally F up and draft someone good (See: Joe Thomas)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if we had gotten 2 firsts for Quinn, and say a second and a later round for Winslow, then we would have 1, 1, 1, 2, 2...

I would just be more comfortable with someone else making the picks, I hate Savage already.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well if we had gotten 2 firsts for Quinn, and say a second and a later round for Winslow, then we would have 1, 1, 1, 2, 2...

I would just be more comfortable with someone else making the picks, I hate Savage already.
Eh. I don't like a lot of the moves Savage has made but there are far worse GM's.

I think with a new QB, and actual #2 WR... ... and some new coaching.. I think Cleveland could be a force.

I'm just wondering if they're going to do the same thing as Cincy. Have 1 great season thats going to keep a coach there for way too long.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:24 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
you make it sound like rebuilding takes 8-10 years. Its only a 3-4 year process, if its done right.
Tony Gonzalez is already 32. Though he still plays like a top TE, he is showing signs of declining. Rebuilding to a decent play off contender would take about 3-4 years. Getting playoff experience and actually winning the SB can take up to much longer. Gonzo would be like 35 by the time we start making playoffs consistently (and thats being all optimistic).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;...silver_fantasy

very good article. I agree completely. I can't stand the people on other sites (not sure if here too) where they've said, 'keep your mouth shut and play' or 'he's had one good year', both of which are stupid responses. People don't know anything about what a staph infection is, think everything is soley football related, and just throw out stupid comments. I don't see how anyone can side with Management here, as this is obviously an issue in Cleveland that has been ignored with nothing done to correct it. Props to Winslow for getting it out there. Disgrace to those who think this is soley a football matter.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I'm not sure. There is always something wrong with K2. Whether it's physical or psychological is situational.
lets be fair here, I'd be sick and Demented if I had gotten drafted by Cleveland, then had to play their 4 years, then got suspended for complaining how pathetic it's getting with their Staph infections.

If it's True about Brady's infection, then he might be a Brown.

Maybe it's really Belichick? Leaves Cleveland and suddenly, BAM, staph infections. Now Brady has one..

Old 10-25-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Just on the news...

Browns recinded the suspension of Kellen Winslow, allowing him to receive his pay check and play for the game... HOWEVER...

Winslow did not practice all week and did not travel with the team, because he just got his suspension revoked...

Kellen will not be able to play with the team because the fools got rid of his suspension too late....

GOOD JOB CLEVELAND, ONCE AGAIN.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just on the news...

Browns recinded the suspension of Kellen Winslow, allowing him to receive his pay check and play for the game... HOWEVER...

Winslow did not practice all week and did not travel with the team, because he just got his suspension revoked...

Kellen will not be able to play with the team because the fools got rid of his suspension too late....

GOOD JOB CLEVELAND, ONCE AGAIN.
LOL - that's golden.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:09 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If I wasn't currently personally at war with the state of ohio I'd feel bad for cleveland fans.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote