Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default do as da coach says.

da coach says:

want this to quit being a pansy league? want to increase player safety?

get rid of face masks.

discuss.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...ing-facemasks/

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 10-24-2008 at 01:55 AM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

A moron coming forth with a moronic solution. Nothing to see here.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
A moron coming forth with a moronic solution. Nothing to see here.
reduces head-to-head collisions. i don't see what's moronic about that.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

I swear this thread was just closed.

anyways....

Was he that good of a coach?

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-24-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I swear this thread was just closed.
AQ has a lot of pull around these parts.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
*Goes to IRC*

*Hey JBond, why as my thread closed?*

*Do you think it was a good thread?*

*Well.......I AM a girl!*
Old 10-24-2008, 02:08 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
It's true.

Ditka was a great head coach. He wasn't a genius offensive mind, he just knew how to run a team better than a LOT of coaches have over the past 20 years. He's 'savvy' if you will... a coaches coach. It also helped having buddy ryan as your DC.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most definitely not. With increasing issues about long term effects of football, you cant just remove the facemask (wow. I typed facebook) in order for the game to be less pansy. Want to make it less pansy? Less penalties and fines.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:12 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
*Goes to IRC*

*Hey JBond, why as my thread closed?*

*Do you think it was a good thread?*

*Well.......I AM a girl!*
true story. at least first half. the second half is true, but it never happened.

i personally like this part of the article

ďA lot of pretty boys arenít going to stick their face in there. If youíre going to take hitting out of football, you might as well just call it soccer. Thatís what I believe. A lot of people will be disappointed I said that, but football is what it is. [Vince] Lombardi said it a long time ago. Football is not a contact game. Dancing is a contact game. Football is a collision sport.Ē

pretty boy to me means tom brady. which i think would be funny, tom brady with a broken nose may turn into marlon brando.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:15 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Most definitely not. With increasing issues about long term effects of football, you cant just remove the facemask (wow. I typed facebook) in order for the game to be less pansy. Want to make it less pansy? Less penalties and fines.
think of it this way. players won't then launch their faces into other players. they won't lead with the helmet. they're less likely to poke players eyes out (ala vince wilfork) because of the ease of retribution and ability..

Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
think of it this way. players won't then launch their faces into other players. they won't lead with the helmet. they're less likely to poke players eyes out (ala vince wilfork) because of the ease of retribution and ability..
Ideally they won't lead with their helmet....but helmet to face hits will happen...intentionally or not.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-24-2008 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its going to happen somehow. You can't prevent one part of your body from being hit at all. All you can do is make it less painful.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe I'm confused? 4 of my 5 senses are attached to my head meanwhile 3 of which the face mask directly cover, and my head is one of the first things I attempt to protect in a dangerous situation. If no one had face masks, wouldn't they all be spending their time trying to protect their face instead of trying to make hard hits or big plays?

It seems like this idea would turn football players into bigger pansies.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Ideally they won't lead with their helmet....but helmet to face hits will happen...intentionally or not.

does it matter?

Old 10-24-2008, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:

does it matter?
That's better than full face reconstruction.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:33 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
That's better than full face reconstruction.
that's cheap.

staph infections are expensive!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That picture is so misleading anyways. If he didn't have a face mask on it would be much worse.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
That picture is so misleading anyways. If he didn't have a face mask on it would be much worse.
oh i know. but it'd be more awesome!

carson palmer would be even more of a badass in my book if that happened!

Old 10-24-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
oh i know. but it'd be more awesome!

carson palmer would be even more of a badass in my book if that happened!
Nothing's more badass than standing behind 5 guys who can't protect you at all!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:39 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Nothing's more badass than standing behind 5 guys who can't protect you at all!
Oh i know. It's why i have the utmost respect for jon kitna... it takes a real man to get beat up over 100 times by some of the most powerful d-lines in the game.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh i know. It's why i have the utmost respect for jon kitna... it takes a real man to get beat up over 100 times by some of the most powerful d-lines in the game.
Jon Kitna is a warrior. It's a shame he's not a very good QB also, though :(
Old 10-24-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's true.

Ditka was a great head coach. He wasn't a genius offensive mind, he just knew how to run a team better than a LOT of coaches have over the past 20 years. He's 'savvy' if you will... a coaches coach. It also helped having buddy ryan as your DC.
Buddy Ryan was the only reason Ditka was a successful head coach.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know people paid attention to what Mike Ditka had to say.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:49 PM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Da coach is right. This league would be so much tougher and there'd be so many good game is we just eliminated face masks. It'd would take Kellen Winslow sized balls just to step on the field, and your special teams guys would have to be straight up insane.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Da coach is right. This league would be so much tougher and there'd be so many good game is we just eliminated face masks. It'd would take Kellen Winslow sized balls just to step on the field, and your special teams guys would have to be straight up insane.
Stick to hallucinogens.