Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I can't look down on you for thinking that way, not at all.

It's just the way I see it. They don't seem like the kind of team that sustains this level of play week in and week out. But I've been wrong before and I will be wrong again. If I had to predict a record, I'm gonna say 12-4 which could give them the #1 seed in January.
Yeah, I'm just stubborn and giddy at the same time. Homerness overload.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

2 Pittsburgh Steelers (5-1)

Almost put the Giants here, but the Steelers have been tougher on defense and have been winning games without a healthy offense. With Big Ben and Willie Parker getting stronger as the weeks go by and an offensive line that seems to finally be on the same page, Pittsburgh is strengthening my preseason notion that they are going to be the team to beat in the AFC. I question how well their secondary is going to perform with some key injuries, but LaMarr Woodley and my new favorite NFL player James Harrison are playing lights out. That LB core as a whole is something to watch week in and week out.

LeBeau is even running This Package:

LB: L. Timmons - L. Woodley - J. Harrison - J. Farrior

He's swapped the ILB's and OLB's and it's really screwing with people, He unleashed it last game. I think testing it out to utilize against Eli.

Bryant McFadden's injury will hurt, but, Troy Is coming back. And we get Hampton + Parker back this week.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:44 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Nice job 10, I'd agree with most of them, as someone earlier said, didn't just go on the record. Enjoyed reading your thoughts on each team too.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with most of the rankings. Good write up.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:03 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

These are much better than ESPN's...even if you do have Green Bay > Atlanta
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's go Lions, let's go! One day, just one day, they will rise and make the playoffs!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:14 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Let's go Lions, let's go! One day, just one day, they will rise and make the playoffs!
I predict it will happen one day!

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope he does realize that half of our secondary was injured.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I hope he does realize that half of our secondary was injured.
Read what I said about Chicago again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:04 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa should be above Carolina.

Buffalo should be above the Giants.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our depth is not that bad. but losing ur #1, #2 and #3 CB no team is gonna be good o.O

Old 10-23-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Our depth is not that bad. but losing ur #1, #2 and #3 CB no team is gonna be good o.O
Well I just noticed a few things about the backups (especially to the back 7) during preseason and I was not thrilled about what they had behind Vasher and Tillman. That notion was strengthened on Sunday.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-23-2008, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i dont get that notion was strengthened. I mean they did do good at some points, they are nice backups and it is good depth. Seriously though what team would have a strong back 7 without his #1-#3 CB?

Old 10-23-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i dont get that notion was strengthened. I mean they did do good at some points, they are nice backups and it is good depth. Seriously though what team would have a strong back 7 without his #1-#3 CB?
I never said they had to be a strong back 7. But a lot of teams would be stronger than what I saw out of the Bears on Sunday if they were missing their top 3 CBs.

And it doesn't end there. The depth at LB is weak, very weak. And what is behind Brown and Payne?
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-23-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

def, the Safety is weak, but our LBs are actually kinda good. Jamar Williams is a really nice backup player, he can play every position and Nick Roach has actually gotten some time over Hillenmeyer.

A lot of problems were because of their pass rush. If there is something that you should say is their problem is their pass rush. I feel like the CB depth is actually pretty good, but no team can play good with no pass rush + PS CBs as nickel CBs

Old 10-23-2008, 03:59 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

weird. I thought our corners played pretty darn well on sunday...

made plays, made tons of tackles, sure, we couldn't stop the pass, but, for the limited PT they've had, they did a fantastic job of shutting it down when the time came.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
If you want a low valley watch the Buccaneers/Panthers game.
Wow you beat up on a team that had injuries at DE, OT and C and manage to get a punt block for a TD, and you think you're superbowl bound.

I've got news for you, the Panthers aren't as bad as you think they are. Take away two stupid mistakes and that game is won buy 3 points. Buccs are a great team and they played a great game that day, but divisional games almost never matter that much, besides by your argument.

The Saints should be above you. Who the Panthers just demolished by 20 points.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha...

3rd time in this thread...head to head matchups aren't the deciding factor in my power rankings. I just think it is a silly way to do them considering the parity.

I do take them into account, but with the amount of football I get to watch, I can get a solid grasp of each team. I simply think the Packers are a better team than the Bucs right now, especially now that Grant has found his groove.
Fair enough, but their record is better as well. Grant got his groove back........vs Indy.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Fair enough, but their record is better as well. Grant got his groove back........vs Indy.
I think he has been getting progressively better the past 3-4 games. I'm not sure what his numbers have been but he looks his 2007 self rather than his hesitataion-filled performances early in the year.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-23-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Wow you beat up on a team that had injuries at DE, OT and C and manage to get a punt block for a TD, and you think you're superbowl bound.

I've got news for you, the Panthers aren't as bad as you think they are. Take away two stupid mistakes and that game is won buy 3 points. Buccs are a great team and they played a great game that day, but divisional games almost never matter that much, besides by your argument.

The Saints should be above you. Who the Panthers just demolished by 20 points.
That is some of the dumbest logic I have ever read. I can say things like take two good defensive plays by the Panthers and the bucs win by 25+. The Bucs as a whole crushed the Panthers, in such a convincing manner, when factored in with the rest of the season shows the Bucs are clearly the better team. Regarding the Saints loss, the Bucs always suck in the first week of the season, and that was against a healthy saints team, not the current one. That game was also over 5 weeks ago while the panthers game was two weeks ago.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
That is some of the dumbest logic I have ever read. I can say things like take two good defensive plays by the Panthers and the bucs win by 25+. The Bucs as a whole crushed the Panthers, in such a convincing manner, when factored in with the rest of the season shows the Bucs are clearly the better team. Regarding the Saints loss, the Bucs always suck in the first week of the season, and that was against a healthy saints team, not the current one. That game was also over 5 weeks ago while the panthers game was two weeks ago.
Take away one stupid play and the panthers lost to the bears.

Old 10-23-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
You lost to Denver and to New Orleans. Carolina lost to minnesota and Tampa in really unlucky situations its not as though either time they were soundly beaten on all sides of the ball.

Tampa fans are worse than freakin' Patriots fans at thinking they're the best at everything.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

You can't look at a game and say this team is better than that team because look what transpired over these three hours.

Thats why I waited until now to come out with these, and thats why I will be doing these every other week instead of every week.

Flat out the Panthers are a better team than the Bucs.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-23-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Solid rankings. Can't wait for the Pit vs Skins game coming up on Monday Night.

In terms of our secondary, Carlos Rogers has been the stud so far. I love Landry, and I know NOBODY has tested him so far, but I gotta give it to Rogers.
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
You lost to Denver and to New Orleans. Carolina lost to minnesota and Tampa in really unlucky situations its not as though either time they were soundly beaten on all sides of the ball.

Tampa fans are worse than freakin' Patriots fans at thinking they're the best at everything.

I dont really see how we think we are the best. We dont make Truth threads were we just write homer statements about our team in the NFL forum.

Also, the team now with a healthy Garcia is much different and better than the one that lost to Denver, which ******* Griese and the one that lost to a healthy New Orleans team.

The Bucs have beaten two of the top 8 teams in these power rankings while the Panthers have beaten zero of the top 8 teams

Last edited by Chucky : 10-23-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote