Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Where Will He Go?
New England 8 10.00%
Minnesota 5 6.25%
Detroit 14 17.50%
Kansas City 20 25.00%
Cincinatti 3 3.75%
Seattle 1 1.25%
San Francisco 3 3.75%
No one will take him 26 32.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Daunte Culpepper Pulls a Favre

Daunte Culpepper, who retired a couple months ago, now wants to play again. Sound familiar?

Anyways, where does he end up? Quite a few possibilities at the moment
  • The Moss connection in New England seems to be the one people want to see, but Cassel hasn't been that bad and has the Pats at a 4-2 record.
  • Then there's the return to Minnesota. The Vikings need a QB badly and surely he'd be better than Gus Ferotte and Tarvaris Jackson. That relationship might not be repairable though.
  • Detroit certainly could use a QB and he could get back into the NFC North.
  • Kansas City has been hit hard with injuries at quarterback, which makes them my pick
  • Carson Palmer is banged up which could make Cincinatti a possibility
  • Seattle has started Seneca Wallace and Charlie Fry the past two weeks
  • JT O'Sullivan sucks. And I just found out what the JT stands for
Old 10-23-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is not pulling a Favre at all. What Favre did to the Packers is much more awesome than Culpepper being a FA and deciding he will now allow a team to sign him. I am still annoyed that teams were willing to give up something for Favre :(
Old 10-23-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who actually believed Culpepper retired for real? I didn't even take the initial retirement he had serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

He'll end up back at his couch.

Why would he go to KC, is he out of money or something?
skinzzfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, no one saw this coming...
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt he goes to a team that sucks unless he needs the money, he might end up in NE possibly as a back-up.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll go to either Seattle, New England, or San Francisco. It'd make absolutely no sense for any team like the Lions to sign him.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pulls a Favre? Brett Favre retired when he was still good, and would be wanted wanted by teams. I don't see how this is a Favre move at all.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care that you spelled it wrong, but it's Cincinnati for future reference.

I honestly have no clue who would want an old, out of shape, unfamiliar QB who has no current knowledge of your playbook / system / team at this point in the season.

Cincinnati has no reason to pay money on the off chance that Culpepper could actually give us a win or two.

I feel the same way about Kansas City. With three QB injuries last week, I assume they're just trying to keep any QB on the field they can, and they're not looking to overpay for it.

New England is having moderate success right now, and I don't think Bellichick likes bringing in new QB's that don't know his playbook very well.

I have no clue about SF, Minny, Seattle or Detroit though.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I don't really care that you spelled it wrong, but it's Cincinnati for future reference.

I honestly have no clue who would want an old, out of shape, unfamiliar QB who has no current knowledge of your playbook / system / team at this point in the season.

Cincinnati has no reason to pay money on the off chance that Culpepper could actually give us a win or two.

I feel the same way about Kansas City. With three QB injuries last week, I assume they're just trying to keep any QB on the field they can, and they're not looking to overpay for it.

New England is having moderate success right now, and I don't think Bellichick likes bringing in new QB's that don't know his playbook very well.

I have no clue about SF, Minny, Seattle or Detroit though.
There is zero chance he comes back to Minny. Childress and Culpepper hate the hell out of each other.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have yet to see Daunte Culpepper's Wrangler commercial
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C-PEP ****ing broke like the Madden 2003 2 min drill record..... WTF people who wouldn't want him for that awesomeness. Plus he just keeps rolling on and on and on

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wont end up in Minnesota. Childress was the coach that traded him because he didnt think culpepper didnt want to change and learn the system. I would like to see it but I highly doubt it.

I saw this on PFT but they said Denver which is a thought as being a back up because Ramsey is out for the year and Cutler got hurt in the New England Game.

If I would take a guess i would say Kansas City, Its the best place for him to become a starter in the league once again.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Trojanback02
Rookie

Trojanback02 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I have yet to see Daunte Culpepper's Wrangler commercial
Im not sure he'd be able to pick apart that defense without Moss out there with him.
Trojanback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Promise you he will not be wearing the red and gold.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget that Kevin OConnell, who i think is going to be quite the pro player will probably get a shot in NE next year.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think when he does he will be a very good player. Really liked him a lot during the draft time.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Promise you he will not be wearing the red and gold.
he would look damn good tho! ;)
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
he would look damn good tho! ;)
No no I don't think so sir.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nowhere in my opinion.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
No no I don't think so sir.
he would look good as a gladiator!
Old 10-24-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he would look good as a gladiator!
right.

I can think of a few NFL Europa teams who would love to have him. Wait? There are none? Oh. Nevermind. Join the peace core c-peps.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
right.

I can think of a few NFL Europa teams who would love to have him. Wait? There are none? Oh. Nevermind. Join the peace core c-peps.
inside joke lol.....wasnt talkin about NFL Europe.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
inside joke lol.....wasnt talkin about NFL Europe.
i was making a 'clever joke'. was there even a gladiators team in nfl europe? no. i think it was 'centurions'. either way. crack open a beer for culpepper!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Culpepper has a bad agent.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote