Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this news.
I'm tired of these ACL injuries and things killing franchises seasons.
I was happy when Tom Brady went down, but I decided that takes the fun out of the Colts - Patriots rivalry.
Sorry Carson be in my prayers.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Jeff Garcia be thou my fantasy team vision
Hahahah good luck with that man!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Hahahah good luck with that man!
I also have Matt Ryan. Points-wise Garcia may be the better option, but I'm hedging my bets.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I also have Matt Ryan. Points-wise Garcia may be the better option, but I'm hedging my bets.
Yeah that is a tough decision. I think I'd go with Garcia.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 10-24-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel the pain as well, you guys may rememeber the Phins did go 1-15 last year.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 02:20 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome. I just traded him about a month ago.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:50 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That sucks...for fantasy =/ oh well.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:51 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this news. Big time players getting injured sucks. Outside of the Falcons success, this NFL season has been less enjoyable than years past for me. Brady and Carson injured, Peyton not playing well, LaDainian hurt, Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens not producing, Randy Moss not like last year, no leading Most Valuable Player canidate (noone worthy actually). Even the top teams don't impress me. No disrespect to the Titans, but if this was last year I wouldn't have them getting past round one of the playoffs. Right now I would predict a Giants-Steelers superbowl, and to me that is weak.

Really this has been a 'down' NFL season for me, although I am enjoying it due to the Falcons success.

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 10-25-2008 at 07:58 AM.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 07:53 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
no leading Most Valuable Player canidate (noone worthy actually).

I'd say my man Portis is the MVP, and deserving.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:57 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe. But IMO he's not at the level Brady, Tomlinson, Alexander, and Manning were at.

He is probably a better player than Alexander, because Alexander had that offensive line. But the other three? Nah.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idk i thought this season is really fun and by no means a down season. Just the fact that there is no top team, maybe because of the injuries, this season seems up for grabs for anyone and that is real fun for me.

Anyways, i really hate to see Palmer go down, he was my favourite out of the Top3 QB 2-3 years ago. hate to see him go down on a sinking ship

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:20 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

The parity is good, but I just don't see the talent I usually do. Manning, Brady, Portis, Palmer, Johnson, Owens, etc.. The Bills and Titans as top teams? They are good, but they wouldn't hold up to the top teams of the past few years. I mean, I love my Falcons but we would not be 4-2 in a good year. Even the bad teams are worse than usual. We could have two winless teams!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'd say my man Portis is the MVP, and deserving.
No question about it right now he's the leading candidate. He's having a fantastic season, shows me right for passing on him this year, stupid Redskins...looked like the worst team in football in the preseason and week 1, where'd he get that magic switch?
Old 10-25-2008, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that was said by a falcons fan

Old 10-25-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Was that supposed to be a shot at me? If so you missed, the Falcons didn't look like the worst team in football in the preseason or the first week...ESPN analysts had even buried the Redskins after week 1...don't believe me, ask Colin Cowherd.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

jeez
dont you think a falcon fan saying that he wished they could find a switch to turn around is kinda...weird?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
jeez
dont you think a falcon fan saying that he wished they could find a switch to turn around is kinda...weird?
They turned it around in 1 week, not an offseason. No wholesale changes in schemes, and 'key' players or anything, it was just all of a sudden the Redskins realized, okay it's time to play football. Their first 5 games (including preseason) they were the worst team in football this year, and were bound for the #1 overall pick, then all of a sudden, bam, first place. Crazy. Falcons at least had time to turn it around with new Front Office etc. Anyway, no I was looking at it wrong. Sorry
Old 10-25-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow... 4 of the top 5 qbs in the league are either on IR or sucking.

Peyton the Python, Palmer, Brady, Kitna... the only one who's actually alright is drew brees

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Hasselbeck is also injured, he is top 10 on most lists.

Old 10-25-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Wasnt Ben injured too? and Romo is injured, Garcia was out

Old 10-25-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Roethlisberger was hurt, but kept playing. Yeah, Romo is out as well.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because there are injuries to top players, doesnt mean the NFL is sucking, or the season is less satisfying. I think the parity is so amazing right now because its unpredictable and there are upsets and last second wins every week now, as oppose to the usual teams dominating. Its different.

Also, I like how other players are stepping up. Portis is having an MVP esque season as he is on pace for 1900 yards. Greg Jennings, Andre Johnson, and Brandon Marshall are all stepping up to be the future of the WR position. Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers look like the real deal. Rivers is a beast. I think these injuries are helping guys step up and make a name for themselves.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Just because there are injuries to top players, doesnt mean the NFL is sucking, or the season is less satisfying. I think the parity is so amazing right now because its unpredictable and there are upsets and last second wins every week now, as oppose to the usual teams dominating. Its different.

Also, I like how other players are stepping up. Portis is having an MVP esque season as he is on pace for 1900 yards. Greg Jennings, Andre Johnson, and Brandon Marshall are all stepping up to be the future of the WR position. Jay Cutler and Aaron Rodgers look like the real deal. Rivers is a beast. I think these injuries are helping guys step up and make a name for themselves.
That is a matter of opinion.

Less talent, to me, means less entertaining.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah you are right. I enjoy the close games and new stars stepping into the spotlight.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible news, although not too surprising given the last few weeks.

I hope Palmer get fully healthy in time for next season.