Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Fall Apart and Turn It Around

Which team that had a good start to the season is most likely to fall apart?

Which team that had a bad start to the season is most likely to turn it around?

Your thoughts?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully the two teams playing football on Monday this week.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to sound like a complete homer, but i think a very compelling argument could be made for the Broncos falling apart and the Chargers figuring it out.

First, the Broncos have a recent history of starting out very hot and fading as the season goes on...I'm sure any Bronco fan won't disagree with this statement.

The Chargers similarly have been starting slow for years now and then turning it on.

Throw in the fact that the Broncos are dealing with a myriad of injuries, including losing Champ, their only competent defensive player. Chargers meanwhile are getting healthier as the season goes on.

Nothing's set in stone obviously, and i don't have time for a big old post, but I think those are good candidates.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Yatta!
Veteran

Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Yatta! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts and Chargers have too much talent to be .500 teams. I would expect them to change things up.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan
Yatta! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

The Brad "Bull" Johnson Cowboys are about to end any post season hope by going 0-2 the next 2 games.

but we've been collapsing for weeks, so pay no attention to me.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
russie
Veteran

russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.russie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

minnesota is going to be the team to turn it around and do well enough that we are stuck with childress for at least another year
Old 10-24-2008, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fall Apart: Titans

Such an easy schedule at the beginning of the season and Kerry Collins is their QB.

Turn It Around: No one

Look at the records of all the teams in the NFL. There is so much competition this season that no one team is really that far behind another.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fall apart: Broncos- Their Defense is atrocious.

Turn it around: Rams- Have you seen this team under Jim Haslett?
Old 10-24-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Hopefully the two teams playing football on Monday this week.

Amen!!!!

Hahaha

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Colts will turn it around since Manning and Co. are getting in sync. As for falling apart, well, I think the Cowboys are going to get worse as they are imploding.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

jets will turn it around, idk which way though

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints will turn it around and go 9-7 and barely miss the playoffs and get the 17th pick or something.

Come on fellas, either win it all, or pack it up, this in between **** is killing me.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
The Saints will turn it around and go 9-7 and barely miss the playoffs and get the 17th pick or something.

Come on fellas, either win it all, or pack it up, this in between **** is killing me.
Awww, man I know what you mean.

Remember playing the Jags to keep playoffs hopes alive lateralling it around 7 times and then missing the extra point to tie it up,

Man we find the coolest ways of loosing haha...

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
WOW. Really?
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
WOW. Really?
I'll take some 0-16 if I can win a superbowl later on. Then maybe when my team wins I can feel high and mighty about it forever.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I'll take some 0-16 if I can win a superbowl later on. Then maybe when my team wins I can feel high and mighty about it forever.
I doubt you'll ever feel that.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Well you tell me what it's like. Then I'll tell you what vagina feels like.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Amateur night on NFLDC.
Old 10-25-2008, 12:10 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Amateur night on NFLDC.
Meh...

Always gonna run into someone you don't get along with.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 10-25-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by russie View Post
minnesota is going to be the team to turn it around and do well enough that we are stuck with childress for at least another year
I would like to agree but I really dont know...From what i have seen these past 7 weeks. We barely beat a bad team and then we beat some by pure luck it almost seemed. Our schedule doesnt get any easier. We play Houston, Green Bay, @ Tampa Bay, @ Jacksonville, Chicago, @Detroit, @ Arizona, Falcons and Giants. Just looking at that We could come at best 6-3 or 5-4 but we could also come out as bad as 2-7 or 3-6. I sort of have the feeling we will end up 7-9 and missing playoffs and Childress gone. There is no way he could keep his job with out getting us to the playoffs. We have too much talent on this team to waste.

Team that will turn it around: Chargers, They have a somewhat easy schedule after the bye and LT should be healthy by then.

Team that will fall: I would have to say the Titans. They have a tougher schedule coming up and I dont know if they can relay on White and Johnson for 16 Weeks.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Team that will fall: I would have to say the Titans. They have a tougher schedule coming up and I dont know if they can relay on White and Johnson for 16 Weeks.
I second that. They have to find a way to get some passing going, because they are becoming one dimensional.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 10-25-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
First, the Broncos have a recent history of starting out very hot and fading as the season goes on...I'm sure any Bronco fan won't disagree with this statement.
It's hard to disagree when it's a fact. This has been a problem for the better part of a decade.

As for the Chargers turning around their season, well, whatever helps you sleep at night. Too bad your boys couldn't capitalize on the opportunities they've had the last few years...
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 12:57 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the Rams putting it together and either the Broncos or Saints will fall apart IMO.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, I don't see Tennessee falling like a lot of people in here seem to. Tennessee's remaining schedule:

Indianapolis
Green Bay
@ Chicago
@ Jacksonville
New York Jets
@ Detroit
Cleveland
@ Houston
Pittsburgh
@ Indianapolis

The games in bold are the ones I think they'll win. If you notice on Tennessee's remaining schedule. A lot of their tougher games are at home. Also, the passing game has been down recently because of injuries to WR. Bo Scaife has been solid and Alge Crumpler is finally emerging. The passing game will be solid enough to keep defenses honest. Also, the Titans defense isn't going anywhere. Not to mention, Rob Bironas is clutch. And finally, Jeff Fisher is a boss. Keep doubting the Titans. It's worked for them in the past. Seriously, I like it when my teams the underdog. They seem to do better that way.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I see the Rams putting it together and either the Broncos or Saints will fall apart IMO.
They're 3-4, what exactly is falling apart? I guess the Chargers will turn it around to the point where they take the crap division they play in, and I think New England will collapse enough to finish 8-8.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote