Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 10-26-2008, 01:55 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cornerback and/or Wide Receiver?

IMO our 2 biggest needs with Dline coming in close as well. Many mocks have us taking a corner over a wide receiver and Im starting to think which we need more. Sure WR is the popular pick seeing as how we believe we've got a franchise QB and we need to get him weapons but we've always been known as a defensive football team and this season we've once again lived up to those expectations but age cannot escape us and I am a total fan of adding more young talent to our d-unit and a corner is a great addition seeing as how both Rolle and McAlister are slowing down. Vonte Davis or Jenkins would really help our secondary out and probably give us a lockdown CB for the next 6-8 years if they pan out. On the offensive side of the ball we have never been feared as a passing team and I think its time to change that by adding a big play WR. Heyward-Bey and Crabtree both have different playing styles but both are explosive and both will help Flacco is some way. IMO, I would rather have Crabtree, he can work the middle of the field, take a short 8 yard pass and turn it into much more, a YAC guy who would fit our system nicely. Heyward-Bey on the other hand would be a GREAT compliment to Flacco's CANNON arm, obviously a more of a big play combo than Flacco-Crabtree. IMO I would rather us take a corner only because I love DEFENSE and I want Baltimore to be feared as a defensive powehouse. However if these still are our greatest needs by the end of the season, I think under a new head coach, Harbaugh will go offense and take a WR to compliment Flacco.

What are your thoughts on this topic and anything else regarding our needs and the upcoming draft?

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 10-26-2008 at 02:22 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR, Fabian Washington is decent and Frank Walker is alright as well, I just dont want to screw Flacco in the begining of his career so we gotta go WR. If we were not in a rookie QB situation it would be up in the air but due to our QB situation I say we go WR.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeing as Single wants his head off we should inquire on how much it would cost to get the Duke, I'd love for him to be back in Maryland obviously for the right price. I do think Flacco would benefit the most from a nice safety blanket. Heap is supposed to be that but obviously isn't working. Maybe even signing a guy like Desmond Clark or a younger guy like Leonard Pope.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:36 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Don't really have an answer right now, because it depends on who the better player avail. will be when the draft comes around and we're on the clock.

If the season ended today, I'm sorry, I hafta say corner, because without McAllister and Rolle, our secondary will get torn apart. Unless Crabtree or something falls to us, assuming he comes out, I think there's a lot more first rd. CB talent in this draft..but like I said, it depends on where we are. Still a lotta football left to play.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Seeing as Single wants his head off we should inquire on how much it would cost to get the Duke, I'd love for him to be back in Maryland obviously for the right price. I do think Flacco would benefit the most from a nice safety blanket. Heap is supposed to be that but obviously isn't working. Maybe even signing a guy like Desmond Clark or a younger guy like Leonard Pope.
I am not sure about Davis, Cameron wants a blocking TE 1st, Heap has done a fine job blocking but he is bad at catching this year.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^ True, Camerons system does require alot of blocking and thats exactly why Heaps production has taken a huge hit. Cam said it himself, Heap deserves alot of credit for the job he is doing (blocking) I didnt really expect this because of Anotonio Gates and what he did with him in SanDiego.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon has done more blocking this year than Heap, because thats all Martz TEs do. We need to see if they'd do Heap for Duke or Heap and a pick for Duke.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its a very good idea for us to try and aquire vernon davis...a good safety blanket is the best thing for a young QB and if you team an explosive TE like Davis with our running game and possesion recievers like Mason and Clayton, we could have a good nucleus for the coming years...
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Mason shouldnt be talked about for years to come he is 34.
Clayton has done nothing but I think he can be our slot/ #3 WR.
Yes Davis is fast but he is also short and has iffy hands, I say we try to re structure w/ Heap.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Am I the only raven fan that isnt quite upset w/ Heap? The guy is asked to block WAY MORE than he is used to, and according to Cameron, hes doing a solid job, however I do see the need for improvment when it comes to him catching. I really don't understand why we dont utilize him more, rather than throwing to Clayton to Mason SO MUCH. Heap was supposed to be that reliable weapon that was a consistent safety blanket but under Camerons offense, (which has really imressed me) It hasnt really involved one of our best recievers, and I think something needs to be done about that. As for Vernon Davis, he'll do exactly what Heap is doing here, and thats blocking, we are a run first team and he isnt worth a trade and I dont even think San Fran is interested w/ a trade.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Am I the only raven fan that isnt quite upset w/ Heap? The guy is asked to block WAY MORE than he is used to, and according to Cameron, hes doing a solid job, however I do see the need for improvment when it comes to him catching. I really don't understand why we dont utilize him more, rather than throwing to Clayton to Mason SO MUCH. Heap was supposed to be that reliable weapon that was a consistent safety blanket but under Camerons offense, (which has really imressed me) It hasnt really involved one of our best recievers, and I think something needs to be done about that. As for Vernon Davis, he'll do exactly what Heap is doing here, and thats blocking, we are a run first team and he isnt worth a trade and I dont even think San Fran is interested w/ a trade.
I wouldnt be so sure about San Fran...no doubt he is already out of favour with the coaches like Singletary, and I can see them cleaning house and bringing in a new GM with no loyalty to Davis...not that I want to make a huge offer, but id be willing to part with certain members of our team (Maybe Bart Scott? San Fran always needs LB's, especially those with experience in a 3-4) for a shot at Vernons potential. Vernon is the same system that made Antonio Gates a star with a QB with a MUCH stronger arm then either Brees or Rivers for seam/deep routes? Could be deadly
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I love Heap blocking, its just that he was a very good recieving TE, I remember we would rotate him out to WR and things like that, but his pass catching has really sucked this year.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:20 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I love Heap blocking, its just that he was a very good recieving TE, I remember we would rotate him out to WR and things like that, but his pass catching has really sucked this year.
True he has dropped a few too many balls the few times he is called on but I still have faith in him. As for trading Bart Scott, I am against that. I think if it werent for the piss poor 07 season and that BS during the NE game alot of people wouldnt mind him. I think he is a key player in the defense and he really understands what we want to do. He knows whats going on and is a smart backer. I doubt Rex would be to happy if we traded him.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

well this is his last year in his contract I believe, so we may re-sign him. I could see us re-signing him, I like him but I understand if someone hates his guts.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

I wouldnt hate him for what he did in the NE game, I mean I know what it feels like to lose your cool playing any sport. It happens and as much as I hate to see it I can understand. Still pisses me off though, lol Anyways back on topic,

I havent really been following this years draft class but its says Crabtree is a redshirt sophmore, Im really not into college football but I wouldnt draft a sophmore in the first round. Also, I reall think we should pass on WR again this year (cant belive im saying this) and take a corner, just because we are a defensive team and I want us to keep that ego. I would LOVE to have Malcolm Jenkins but many mocks have us taking Vontae Davis, I dont really know much about him so if anyone could provide some insight on him Id really appriciate it, as well as this redshirted sophmore thing.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Yes but you are a pro athlete, show some freaking self control in a situation like that, say you are a cashier and someone is giving you a hard time so you take there credit card and throw it in the air, you will be fired.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Davis,Jenkins,Crabtree,HWB are gone by our pick, anything can happen now. I wouldnt mind any of them. But why would you never take a sophmore? He is as old as a JR.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes but you are a pro athlete, show some freaking self control in a situation like that, say you are a cashier and someone is giving you a hard time so you take there credit card and throw it in the air, you will be fired.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Davis,Jenkins,Crabtree,HWB are gone by our pick, anything can happen now. I wouldnt mind any of them. But why would you never take a sophmore? He is as old as a JR.
If your a Sophmore you've only been in college for 2 years, drafting someone straight from college w/ only two years of playing could be a risk, (just imo) and I would doubt all those players you named are gone by our pick, I mean if you look at the remaining games of our schedule I doubt we will do so good-

Week 9 BAL @ CLE - L W

Week 10 BAL @ HOU - L W

Week 11 BAL @ NYG -L W

Week 12 PHI @ BAL - L W

Week 13 BAL @ CIN -W W

Week 14 WAS @ BAL - L L

Week 15 PIT @ BAL - L L

Week 16 BAL @ DAL - L W

Week 17 JAC@ BAL - L W

We end up going 5-11, and thats if you look at it in a negative way(red), if you be postive(blue) I really think we are capable of beating Jacksonvillie, New York, Houston, Cleveland, Dallas, and Philly. So you you look at our schedule optimisticly we can go 11-5. or somewhere near there (10-6 or 9-7) However I am looking at our schedule negativly and see us losing some games we should be winning and should set us up nicely for the draft.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we are going to be Houston, Cleveland, Cincy, Jacksonville. We might have a chance at beast Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington and Dallas. I think we lose to New York. But realistically, I see us going 10-6.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
I think we are going to be Houston, Cleveland, Cincy, Jacksonville. We might have a chance at beast Philly, Pittsburgh, Washington and Dallas. I think we lose to New York. But realistically, I see us going 10-6.
I could seriously see that happen but our defense is going to have to play "lights out" every damn minute of the game and Flacco is going to need to be very smart w/ the ball.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

he is a RS sophmore, so it is his 3rd year out of HS. If it was his 2nd year out of HS he wouldnt be aloud in the draft.

and I say we end up w/ 7 wins on the year.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
he is a RS sophmore, so it is his 3rd year out of HS. If it was his 2nd year out of HS he wouldnt be aloud in the draft.

and I say we end up w/ 7 wins on the year.

Ohh okay I sorta get what your saying. Hes been in college 3 years but I dont get why he is listed at a Sophmore. I can can easily see your predition of 7 wins happening.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

he took a RS year, so he didn't play and took time to study the system.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
he took a RS year, so he didn't play and took time to study the system.
Oh okay, now I've got ya. I get it now. Thanks dude.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

bump, after seeing Tennessee's Collins tear our secondary apart is WR still a bigger need? I mean, we will most likely get Demetrius Williams back and with Cameron calling on Flacco to go deep often, Williams can really benefit from that. If we retain him and we go deep to him, instead of Clayton or Mason, we have a much better shot at completing those balls. If D-Will comes back next year, Mason hopefully won't slow down, and Clayton moves to the slot and D-Will takes his place, I think we could pass on a WR for a CB, Obviously Fabian isnt a realiable #1 and a solid #2 at best. We need some talent and youth, and fast. C-Mac is old, Rolle is slowing down. I think CB might be a bigger need now.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we go cornerback i dont want a undersized guy i want a decent sized corner. but if there is a good TE out there i think we can go there.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote