Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He makes me actually wanna pay some attention to the Niners. Absolutely love it.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Since when is Vernon Davis a star player?
I corrected myself further down:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
And yeah, I didn't mean to call Davis a "star," it was the only word I could come up with. Overhyped, overpaid player would work better, lol.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"I am from the old school. I believe this: Id rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else. Rather than play with 11, when I know that right now, that person is not sold out to be part of the team. Its more about them, than it is the team. You can not play with them. You can not win with them. You can not coach with them, cant do it. I want winners. I want people who want to win.

Dude should literally just play with 10. That would take real balls.

Best coach in the NFL already. Love it.

No penalty for playing with 10 but i agree with your assessment.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
No penalty for playing with 10 but i agree with your assessment.
I know, but you don't have to be bright to have balls, lol.

And you know what else is cool that I just thought of? The 49ers have a new GM who has no attachment to Davis......would it surprise anyone if Davis wasn't activated for any more games this year?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what did vernon do to get benched.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And you know what else is cool that I just thought of? The 49ers have a new GM who has no attachment to Davis......would it surprise anyone if Davis wasn't activated for any more games this year?
I think what should be done is that Davis would have to earn his spot back by conducting himself properly. If not, he's still 24 and has upside. Some other GM will want to trade for him for a "fresh start".
Old 10-26-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Besides the fact that he's lousy?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
I think what should be done is that Davis would have to earn his spot back by conducting himself properly. If not, he's still 24 and has upside. Some other GM will want to trade for him for a "fresh start".
Yah, I think that would be good for him, and the best place for him would be a team like (not saying they should) the Bills who have a solid blocking TE and he wouldn't have to worry about being counted on as much in running plays

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me at all however I don't feel that would be the correct way of handling this ordeal. The suggestion below is the fairest for all parties involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I would love to see Willis in a 4-3, he can be Mike Singeltary like in there.
If you watch our games, you will see that we do run a 4-3. We just say we run a 3-4.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
after making a catch, Brian Russell was talking noise so Vernon lightly slapped him on the bottom of his facemask and the ref threw a flag.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone else see the pregame with Singletary? A lady reporter (don't know who) asked him what it was like to call Bill Walsh when he got the 49'ers job or something to that extent. What a moron. He didn't know what to say considering Bill Walsh can't really receive a phone call anymore.
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:55 PM    (permalink
JonasBlane
Rookie

JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JonasBlane hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've been cheering for Samurai Mike to succeed as a coach for a while. Seeing highlights and features on him as a player, and team leader, it seems as though it would be impossible for him not to succeed as a coach in this league. He's made for it.
JonasBlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Singletary has awesome sound clips:

"I'M GONNA BE HERE ALL DAY BABY!!!"
"I LIKE THIS KIND OF PARTY!!!"

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll learn a lot about Vernon soon. Mike is a tough guy, and he's not afraid to toss anyone, it could motivate Vernon, or he could become a total whiner.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
We'll learn a lot about Vernon soon. Mike is a tough guy, and he's not afraid to toss anyone, it could motivate Vernon, or he could become a total whiner.
I would put my money on whiner....he cried after he was drafted iirc, a couple of chewing outs by Mike could put him over the edge.

I thought about my earlier statement, and thought maybe they should still play him if possible if for no other reason than to raise the draft pick they could get looking to trade him.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

how does crying after being drafted make him a whiner? if playing in the NFL was a life-long dream of yours that came to fruition, wouldnt you be pretty emotional? crying out of joy is far different than crying because someone yelled at you

Old 10-26-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
how does crying after being drafted make him a whiner? if playing in the NFL was a life-long dream of yours that came to fruition, wouldnt you be pretty emotional? crying out of joy is far different than crying because someone yelled at you
Cedric Benson cried too...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
and we saw what he made of himself...
Old 10-26-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
He has a point though, just because he displayed emotions during a moment that was going to change his life completely does not make him a whiner. Other things that he has done in the past may do that but this does not.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

If you were in that position, who's to say that you wouldnt react the same way?

Old 10-26-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Singletary is badass. Wow. Awesome PC.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny how everyone likes this style but, really you have to question whether or not, this could work today. Players dont want to be bullied, and one of the worst things a coach can do is take the fun out of the game. It is a game after all, not war. The perfect coach is someone in between, I'd want my coach to be stern, demanding, and a diciplinary when necessary but, I'd also want them to be a bit of a player's coach. Players react differently to different coaches and coaching techniques/styles. A lot of players wouldnt want to play for Mike, i guarantee that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-27-2008 at 12:11 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I respect this guy more than anyone in the NFL right now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Yeah, I don't get it either. *shrugs*
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote