Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
didnt Chris Williams have a Herniated disc
Multiple and some other complications as well if I remember right, but you'd know better than me on that.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny how less than bright people can always be counted on to misinterpret what you say and spin it. I said the Falcons will need another starting quality OT this offseason and stated exactly why. Along comes captain short bus to spin it as if I said Sam Baker's career is over and the Falcons will need to draft an LT in the first round. If you think the Falcons should go into next year with the same lineup of OT's then don't be surprised when they have to sign Wayne Gandy to play some games again.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with you Halsey, we do need another OT. I think we should sign a guy like Vernon Carey if he's available to be our RT and then if Baker gets injured just slide him over to LT and have Clabo move to RT.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 05:26 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herniated discs are not good at all. I know soemone w/ a herniated disc and it has bothered them for almost 8 years now since the day it happened.

This injury could be a nagging one for a long time, but lets hope he isnt a P***Y
Old 10-30-2008, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Twinblade needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Michael Oher.
Let me rephrase what I said, We will not be picking anywhere near the top this year unless we lose the rest of the games (which I doubt it) so both oher and smith will be gone.
Twinblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

People are freaking out and already started to call Baker a Bust, same people that called White and Anderson a bust, we all know how much of a impact Anderson is, after he hurt, our defense got worst. His only problem was getting sacks which is overrated anyways.

Players are going to get injured all threw their career, if not then their not doing their job.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post
People are freaking out and already started to call Baker a Bust, same people that called White and Anderson a bust, we all know how much of a impact Anderson is, after he hurt, our defense got worst. His only problem was getting sacks which is overrated anyways.

Players are going to get injured all threw their career, if not then their not doing their job.
Chill man, who's calling baker a bust? We need depth on the o-line, the guy is having problems staying healthy and could his whole career. Roddy White sucked, just couldn't catch ****. He is an all-star caliber player now. Please dont say anything about jamaal anderson. He hasn't done anything yet

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post
People are freaking out and already started to call Baker a Bust
This is what I mean. There's always got to be the guys who take what you actually say and twist it into something completely negative.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:28 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
This is what I mean. There's always got to be the guys who take what you actually say and twist it into something completely negative.
You ACTUALLY said that we need another starting OT because Baker is injury prone basically is what you said, meaning the we need to draft someone in his place, because Weiner is too old to take over.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Chill man, who's calling baker a bust? We need depth on the o-line, the guy is having problems staying healthy and could his whole career. Roddy White sucked, just couldn't catch ****. He is an all-star caliber player now. Please dont say anything about jamaal anderson. He hasn't done anything yet
And by depth. You should be talking like, third, fourth round depth. Hidden Gems. You want to spend your money on baker. He's solid. But you don't want to be paying TWICE for the same position. Obviously. You can find some third round, fourth round RT talent that is almost big enough to play right side but have a little more athleticism than your average RT...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You ACTUALLY said that we need another starting OT because Baker is injury prone basically is what you said, meaning the we need to draft someone in his place, because Weiner is too old to take over.
Nope, never said he was injury prone. You're taking what I said and twisting it. Go back and read the original post. I even made a later post stating specifically that I wasn't saying he was injury prone. ;)
Old 10-31-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Sam Baker has looked good when on the field, but can he stay healthy. Todd Weiner is 33 and has his own health issues. It's looking like this draft might be pretty deep and strong at OT, so maybe that will be the direction the Falcons need to go. The Falcons have thier franchise QB and they should make sure they can keep him healthy.
Game, set, match.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Game, set, match.
:D My 3 year old nephew is more reasonable than you are.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:11 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
:D My 3 year old nephew is more reasonable than you are.
Because I'm right? Good call. I quoted your text, not anyone else's
Old 11-01-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
In your eyes, if he doesn't get 10+ sacks a season, hes not doing anything yet..but yet at the eagles game, when he got injured, the run defense went from good to crap. How did you think Westbrook ran all those yards?

Remember, the first half, Westbrook has been pretty much shut down, after Anderson got hurt, Westbrook was clearly running all over us.

Yet hes not doing anything yet?
Old 11-01-2008, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Quote:
I clearly didn't say "Halsey is saying Baker is a bust!", I said people are calling Baker a bust because hes been injured off the field.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Warrick Dunn missed this weeks game because of back issues related to the herniated disk he has. So much for the trying to argue that a herniated disk is no big deal.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Mr. Offseason
Rookie

Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.Mr. Offseason could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I disagree with you completely here. It's a knee jerk reaction, just like those people calling Jamaal Anderson and Roddy White busts. It's a bad decision it's not well thought out and it's just a quick way to get yourself in trouble. Who's to know what happened to his hip, that stuff just happens, they said he could have played Sunday, but held him out for precaution. So, no, we don't need a LT, and Baker will be our starting LT for the next number of years, just settle down and get used to it.

Gotta learn to trust this FO, it's not like those in the past, we have other needs, LT isn't one anymore though, mark that off our list.
that is good to hear about the precautionary hold out. its not like we needed him anyways. thanks for letting me know that.

im on board with you here, i really dont think we are going to look at LT prospects in the first 3-4 rounds. if we find a sleeper late in the draft i wouldnt be dissapointed in picking one up though.
Mr. Offseason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to sign Vernon Carey as our big signing this offseason as well as re-sign Michael Boley, Johnathan Babineaux, Michael Jenkins and Roddy White (not a FA but needs a long contract)

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Carey would be terrific. He is pretty versatile too.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
We need to sign Vernon Carey as our big signing this offseason as well as re-sign Michael Boley, Johnathan Babineaux, Michael Jenkins and Roddy White (not a FA but needs a long contract)
I agree about Jenkins and wonder how many others agree. Boley, Babs and Roddy are obvious guys that need to be resigned. Jenkins is worth a reasonable contract and while he may not put up big numbers, is a good guy who shows up to play every Sunday and makes contributions in a number of ways including being a good blocker and red zone option. Resigning both Jenkins and White would help ensure things are stable around Ryan.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

There should be a number of really good prospective RT free agents this year.

In order of personal preference:

1. Jordan Gross
2. Vernon Carey
3. Stacey Andrews

(Lesser options: Mark Tauscher, Max Starks)

I think that at least two of the top three guys will hit free agency.

Gross has already been franchised this year, and Carolina has a ton of free agents to deal with, not least Peppers. Miami has a lot of money invested in Jake Long, so it will be difficult for them to throw money at Carey as well. And Cincy also has a lot of money already invested in their O-line, and franchised (or transitioned) Stacey this year.

I think that Stacey is the most likely. Apparently we were very interested in taking him in free agency last year, until Cincy surprisingly tagged him.

I like Clabo, I think he does a good job. But he's not dominant, or even very good. Those three guys are all at worst very good, potentially dominant. Then Clabo and Dahl can compete for the starting job at RG - that'll make them both better, and it'll be a nasty scrap! Also, Clabo's versatility makes him a very useful backup.

Btw, I agree that picking up a late round tackle as a developmental backup is a good idea.

I also think that Baker will be fine long-term. We certainly don't yet need to think about drafting his replacement!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ge_tab_newstab

No longer a debateable issue. The Falcons will need to find a starting quality OT this offseason, one way or another.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...ge_tab_newstab

No longer a debateable issue. The Falcons will need to find a starting quality OT this offseason, one way or another.
wow that came out of nowhere.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
wow that came out of nowhere.
Not quite. Sam Baker played over him, and he knew we will sign a quality OT to compete and it would be too hard for him to stay on the team and find another place. He would have probly get cut so smart move to retire on his part.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote